You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 534>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 2:11am
Irish cabinet meeting in the morning to discuss Brexit text. Here's a prediction, by the time the meeting is over, the goalposts will have moved again, May will have probably lost another minister or 4, or the DUP will come out with one of their usual progressive, helpful statements, or probably both. 

Stay in bed & have a lie in lads, this meeting is a waste of time. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 8:54am
The Brexiteers normally come out with ridiculous hyperbolic stuff when it comes to anything to do with the EU but if the reports are to be believed (and it is speculation at this stage) then the proposed agreement is the equivalent of vassalage. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

It looks like it's total and utter humiliation or the car crash. I still reckon it's the car crash. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 8:57am
It's time like this I wish I wasn't moving back to the UK this week and that the UK wasn't so close to Ireland : Then we could just all sit back and laugh at the absolute mess they are making of this whole thing.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 9:40am
Sammy Wilson on Newstalk this morning with a big NO vote to this. May is truely f**ked LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 9:52am
Tory MP outside the Commons chamber: "We're going to hell

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:59am
LOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

LOL
Why what’s on in Cork ? They could do the whole country a favour and put a hard border around that bleedin Kip full of fleggers 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Have a wager on the person you think will get it otherwise, you'll get a rather good price!

Boris by the slimmest of minorities, not because the British voters will see him as a credible candidate, but because of Labour's own self-destruction and they won't get enough seats. Such the state of British politics atm.

Not a chance Boris will be the next leader. Someone like Jeremy Hunt or Sajid Javid are much more likely. I wouldn't write off Gove either as he is as slippery as they come.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:29am
There is a long way to go in this yet and what we will see now is a lot of posturing, a lot of rhetoric and a lot of shouting from the sidelines. The key is this though, May must get this through cabinet or she is gone. I think she will get it through. A few might resign but not en masse. The Irish government is playing this cool having learnt the lessons from the December disaster last year. The DUP will huff and puff, maybe even explode and pull support destroying the confidence and supply deal. It will go to Parliament then, 322 is the magic number May needs to get it passed. Very difficult to see it getting that much support but then the deal hasn't been released yet and staring a 'no deal' or an election in the face may just convince enough to back it with Labour help. Game on as they say.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Have a wager on the person you think will get it otherwise, you'll get a rather good price!

Boris by the slimmest of minorities, not because the British voters will see him as a credible candidate, but because of Labour's own self-destruction and they won't get enough seats. Such the state of British politics atm.

Not a chance Boris will be the next leader. Someone like Jeremy Hunt or Sajid Javid are much more likely. I wouldn't write off Gove either as he is as slippery as they come.

I’ve got more chance than becoming PM than Jeremy Hunt, as unpopular as it gets! And possibly Gove too. Think I recall him stabbing Boris in the back couple of years ago to only receive no votes himself.

The only credible opposition Boris has is Javvid who also polled very well in their internal survey and I’d have Leadsom and Davidson as outsiders
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

LOL
Why what’s on in Cork ? They could do the whole country a favour and put a hard border around that bleedin Kip full of fleggers 
I'd second that. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:23pm
PM press conference over 2 hours late and is now cancelled, a statement instead.

May can’t even convince her own cabinet never mind get this through Parliament. It might be time to stick that bet in.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:27pm

PM press conference over 2 hours late and is now cancelled, a statement instead.

May can’t even convince her own cabinet never mind get this through Parliament. It might be time to stick that bet in.

Still on offer 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:28pm
Sammy Wilson now stating 40 years of terrorism didn't tear Norn Iron from the union and if the EU think they are going to acheive what the IRA couldn't they have another thing coming. LOLLOLLOL  He managed to say that without taking his clothes off too which was a major feat for him.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:48pm
Here we go

Senior tory tells me Brexiteer anger so high that seems likely there will be a call for no confidence vote tomorrow - letters going in
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:56pm
Could we get a vote of no confidence for MON?

Question:  The proposed text is 500 pages long.  How the fook can a person read that in less than 24 hrs and discuss its merits?Stern Smile
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Could we get a vote of no confidence for MON?

Question:  The proposed text is 500 pages long.  How the fook can a person read that in less than 24 hrs and discuss its merits?Stern Smile
Most of the thick’s on here struggle with a couple of lines, just look at digits and fitzer fook me Mensa LOL
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:27pm
Has passed cabinet - DUP meltdown on Twitter will be fun for a while.

Will it get by parliament- anyone’s guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 534>
  Share Topic