You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 532>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:44pm
if you think this event has nothing to do with syria you are foolish. naive at best. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

How do you get overriding proof without getting the actual perpetrator though? I don't see that you can. This isn't like Alexander Litvinenko where there was a clearer perpetrator, connected to the Russian state.

Circumstantial evidence is likely going to be the best there is in this case. How likely is it that the Russians followed the daughter when they knew she was going to the UK and did that to get to the father? They possibly didn't know exactly where he was until she came to the UK. Who else makes Novichok? Who else had a motive to do anything against these two?

There is plenty pointing at Russia in this case.

The circumstantial evidence is very strong, and this situation is different to a Court where evidence would need to be more than just that. I also feel that the demand for a smoking gun has fed into the distrust which people have developed since the Iraq invasion, and has caused people to look beyond what we know, which points fingers in one direction.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

How do you get overriding proof without getting the actual perpetrator though? I don't see that you can. This isn't like Alexander Litvinenko where there was a clearer perpetrator, connected to the Russian state.

Circumstantial evidence is likely going to be the best there is in this case. How likely is it that the Russians followed the daughter when they knew she was going to the UK and did that to get to the father? They possibly didn't know exactly where he was until she came to the UK. Who else makes Novichok? Who else had a motive to do anything against these two?

There is plenty pointing at Russia in this case.
The argument that is being put forward is that Britain shouldn't be going gung-ho in anywhere based on circumstantial evidence and, given their history, I would agree with that thinking.

It is, of course, entirely about Syria.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

if you think this event has nothing to do with syria you are foolish. naive at best. 

How so? This was a Russian act on British soil? I don’t understand how that could impact on issues in Syria, unless the game was to rile the UK into action there as an act of retribution.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 2:30am
and were off....air strikes launched on Syria 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 10:07am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Frankie Boyle: "Britain will not stand by and watch Syrians being killed, without joining in."
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

How so? This was a Russian act on British soil? I don’t understand how that could impact on issues in Syria, unless the game was to rile the UK into action there as an act of retribution.

really? honesty REALLY?? you think both events happening within a few weeks is a coincidence?

did you see how many times May mentioned Salisbury when justifying the UKs actions.

are we all this f***king blind!?

we are being lied to. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 2:01pm
Corbs should make hay over May's refusal to have a parliamentary vote. 

Even pro-bombing Tories wanted a vote.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Frankie Boyle: "Britain will not stand by and watch Syrians being killed, without joining in."

LOLClap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:45pm
Warmongering bastards.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:03am
I'm in support of the strikes, but I do agree with the sentiment that complete proof should of been found first but there was the chance that Russians/Assads would of fabricated much of the evidence as possible - IE. Not allowing the inspectors enter the area.

The problem is that even the extreme Jihadists have condemned the attacks which will only encourage Assad to do it again having found an unlikely ally which he'll no doubt take in order to stay in power.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:21am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'm in support of the strikes, but I do agree with the sentiment that complete proof should of been found first but there was the chance that Russians/Assads would of fabricated much of the evidence as possible - IE. Not allowing the inspectors enter the area.

The problem is that even the extreme Jihadists have condemned the attacks which will only encourage Assad to do it again having found an unlikely ally which he'll no doubt take in order to stay in power.

What's your opinion on Syrian refugees entering the UK coyne?

As someone who supports these air strikes I'd hope you are welcoming the innocent people who are fleeing the country because of this war 

It' yet another example of these country saying war on a country for solely their own gain. Did they learn nothing from Iraq and Afghanistan Confused
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:26am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

As someone who supports these air strikes I'd hope you are welcoming the innocent people who are fleeing the country because of this war 

It' yet another example of these country saying war on a country for solely their own gain. Did they learn nothing from Iraq and Afghanistan Confused

How many casualties did these airstrikes sustain?
A grand total of zero.
How many casualties did Assad's chemical weapon attacks sustain?
70 with 500 injured.

The strikes were so precise it missed the Russian army base (confirmed by Moscow) which was next door to 1 of the chemical weapon storage facilities. 

Job done. Clap

I would love to know what the relevancy is between Syrian refugees and the UK/US/France hitting weapons factories which caused 0 casualties. 

Edited by coyne - 15 Apr 2018 at 12:30am
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:48am

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

How many casualties did these airstrikes sustain?
A grand total of zero.
How many casualties did Assad's chemical weapon attacks sustain?
70 with 500 injured.

The strikes were so precise it missed the Russian army base (confirmed by Moscow) which was next door to 1 of the chemical weapon storage facilities. 

Job done. Clap

I would love to know what the relevancy is between Syrian refugees and the UK/US/France hitting weapons factories which caused 0 casualties. 

So you don' think innocent people in Syria will be fleeing the country due to recent air srikes and the potential retaliation and future air strikes bringing them yet another step closer to all out war?

Like the gas attack last year their is no concrete evidence to say Assad was behind the gas attack last week (the yanks themselves have said they still have no proof to say he was behind the gas attack last year). 

Both sides of the civil war there possess chemical weapons and are capable of carrying out such attack so how can they be 100% sure it was Assad...... well just like last year they can' be bit they go ahead with the air strikes anyway and worry about proving it afterwards 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:01am
I've already said I agree with the people saying proof should of found first. But then there's the counter-argument of fabricating the evidence, in the other words blocking off the OPCW inspectors.

The intention of the strikes wasn't to kill or bring harm but to deter and warn. If they really wanted to they could Assad dead right there and then but recent history suggests if you get rid of a fruitloop dictator the country goes into an absolute free for all mess.Targeting non-civilian areas was the correct move imo, opinion would of changed if it messed up and caused accidental deaths but it didn't so that's that really.

The Russians will rid of Assad themselves when the Turks start offering more than Syria can offer but for now all now all the UK/US/France can do is stop him from slaughtering his own people.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:57pm

really? honesty REALLY?? you think both events happening within a few weeks is a coincidence?

did you see how many times May mentioned Salisbury when justifying the UKs actions.

are we all this f***king blind!?

we are being lied to. 

Yes. I do think that it was a coincidence. Salisbury was an unrelated show of force by Russia, in a pre election situation. It naturally was going to become an issue as foreign affairs events overtook it, but they were initially unrelated. 

Edited by Het-field - 15 Apr 2018 at 3:58pm
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 532>
  Share Topic