You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 532>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Corbyn has really struggled for any consistency with Brexit. 

You're right about that. He's always been really late to officially clarify position on things, even if the answer has been obvious for a while now.

But Owen needed to go, a wardrobe Remainer on the frontbench coming out is no good for the party.

The problem is, unlike the Tories or the LDs, Labour have been a broad Church on the EU, and now there are numerous MPs trying to appease constituents.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:06pm
Just reading the reports about Smith. His end is strikingly dissimilar to that of Chris Williamson, who is an ardent Corbyn supporter, and 'resigned' from the front bench with glowing tributes from Corbyn after going off message.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:53pm
131 Russian diplomats around the EU and North America been kicked out and the count still rising.

Russia's plan of picking on the UK hoping Brexit would of changed a few minds and depending on Trump would side with Russia has totally backfired 
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

131 Russian diplomats around the EU and North America been kicked out and the count still rising.

Russia's plan of picking on the UK hoping Brexit would of changed a few minds and depending on Trump would side with Russia has totally backfired 

it shows that strength is in numbers, and having the backing of EU and US can assist the UK in doing so. evidence in the amount of diplomats expelled.
but, from this episode of Russian espionage, will the UK understand that their voice was heard and supported to such levels because they are in the EU? or, the more likely scenario, believe that they are a world power and "look what we can do when we can control"? would the EU have been so quick in supporting a non-EU country?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 4:29pm
I think this should be a good lesson to the UK as to the value of existing global alliances, and an example of why the EU is where they ought to be. Russia is a sinister isolationist which can’t be trusted, and once the surface is scratched is riddled with illegal occupation, human rights abuses, and political abuse. Outside of the EU, these is no guarantee that the UK wouldn’t have to go to the Russians looking for financial or political support in the future, which would be a very dodgy alliance, with plenty of strings attached.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 1:13pm
John Bercow laying into Boris for childish name-calling this morning LOL

I love John Bercow, I'd imagine if all the rabble he stops ever happened inside a pub he'd rip his top off and start flooring everyone.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 7:37pm
@julianoneill
Wrightbus boss doesn’t want Brexit to “compromise” cross-border sales (Company founder was pro-Brexit at EU ref)

You wonder at times how some of these f**kers ever became successful in business.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 7:38pm
Quite simple Dinny, they are ****s.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:28pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43619362

Russia are now beginning to gaslight about the incident. I find it very odd how people are still trying to find implausible explainations to not blame Russia.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 11:30pm

What a bunch of sad f**ks
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:10am
Kylie HeartBroken Heart
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:27pm
A parliament recall to vote on attacking Syria looks inevitable.

No vote was given in 2013 but this 1 will more than likely pass given the latest news over there.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 12:35pm
The OPCW have back Britain’s version of the Salisbury attack. I wonder what Galloway et al will have to say about it?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 12:48pm
You're not telling me the OPCW have backed the government? Nobody could have seen that coming!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:15pm
To me, it adds the final piece to the consensus of culpability.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

To me, it adds the final piece to the consensus of culpability.
I understand where you're coming from, but Galloway's argument, amongst others, was that they wanted overriding proof. I don't think the OPCW coming out in favour of the government gives that.
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:26pm
The OPCW have confirmed that Novichok was used, but they didn't confirm where exactly it came from. They don't have the power to identify the source of the nerve agent, but instead to just identify the chemical properties.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:38pm
How do you get overriding proof without getting the actual perpetrator though? I don't see that you can. This isn't like Alexander Litvinenko where there was a clearer perpetrator, connected to the Russian state.

Circumstantial evidence is likely going to be the best there is in this case. How likely is it that the Russians followed the daughter when they knew she was going to the UK and did that to get to the father? They possibly didn't know exactly where he was until she came to the UK. Who else makes Novichok? Who else had a motive to do anything against these two?

There is plenty pointing at Russia in this case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 532>
  Share Topic