You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 494495496497498 532>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:26pm
Someone mentioned Blair and in Tory fashion they like to bring up the "deficit" whenever a Labour discussion appears so I was pre-emptive on that one Cool
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:25pm
Who are ya discussing Brown with?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:22pm
Tony Blair was worse than Gordon Brown.. He literally put the country on the brink, resigned 
"Ow, Gordy lad ya fancy sitting in me seat and taking all the sh*t for me, cheers"

Fyi. Brown wasn't hated because he was Scottish or fat. He was unelected and out of his depth with the banks f**king him over and the country in 2 wars. Literally the David Moyes of politics.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I used to drink on the Conservative club on Kings Road whenever I visited London. The place was full of Irish people because the gargle was cheap.

My Uncle Tom drank there
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by winner alright winner alright wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have talked to them. Local tories met in a pub I managed. Every Tory voter I have met merely confirmed my views;cold, selfish and heartless. Or quintessentially British.

Yet Tony Blair invaded Iraq showing coldness, selfishness & no heart?  Tony made a lot of money while in power fair play to him. 

I have made my views on Tony Blair crystal clear. I really, really wish people would stop confusing me with a new Labour supporter
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:10pm
I used to drink on the Conservative club on Kings Road whenever I visited London. The place was full of Irish people because the gargle was cheap.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
winner alright View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winner alright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:08pm

I have talked to them. Local tories met in a pub I managed. Every Tory voter I have met merely confirmed my views;cold, selfish and heartless. Or quintessentially British.

Yet Tony Blair invaded Iraq showing coldness, selfishness & no heart?  Tony made a lot of money while in power fair play to him. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:58pm
Circling? He ignored the argument!
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Madonna, mad ferret, coyne etc. do you have any friends or family who vote conservative ? do you call them scum and ****s to their faces ?
I dislike the tories but the absolute rubbish and tripe that you've put on here is embarrassing .
If someone disagrees with your political views then leave them believe what they want or have some decent debate with them .

Yes. My mother. All the time, even tho she won't vote...What in the name of good Jaysus are you talking about?? Read back the thread like a good lad. You'll see a detailed, rational arguement laid out by myself about the effects of the decisions made around the Banking bailout and how it was facilitated by the State that Sbyrne had been previously bitchin & moaning was seemingly robbing all his £££ in taxation. In reply we got teenage angst response I'M OFF TO USE THE TOILET FOR A LONG TIME I AM SO THERE & ***** WORDS. 
You're taking the pish slow & dumb and throwing red herrings about supposed denials of speech and suchlike Confused

I agree with most of what you wrote in your earlier post . I didn't like the way ye were circling on sbyrne, it made his argument look better .
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:55pm

I didn't like Boris Johnston at first but he has done a hell of a job in london. Plans an extra terminal at Heathrow which will generate lots of jobs and generate millions for the economy.  The truth is if you want to work you will find work here. Was down in Southamton last month and it is thriving as well. 

This is not relevant to the General Election though. That's for the London Mayoral election 

You can't judge a party by 1 city and especially in this term they've had Olympics, Paralympics and Champions League finals come to London.. Even Mike Tyson would manage turn a profit if he had all of that at his disposal, it's nothing special LOL

Edited by coyne - 18 Apr 2015 at 6:55pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:53pm
I can also assure you I would never live in England again. On leaving I vowed to never set foot there again!
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:50pm

I didn't like Boris Johnston at first but he has done a hell of a job in london. Plans an extra terminal at Heathrow which will generate lots of jobs and generate millions for the economy.  The truth is if you want to work you will find work here. Was down in Southamton last month and it is thriving as well. 

I think his extravagant personality helps him also, he's the only politician i can think off with a general sense of humour. Always gets a laugh! 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:45pm
winner alright View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winner alright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:45pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:42pm

Madonna, mad ferret, coyne etc. do you have any friends or familywho vote conservative ? do you call them scum and ****s to their faces ?
I dislike the tories but the absolute rubbish and tripe that you've put on here is embarrassing .
If someone disagrees with your political views then leave them believe what they want or have some decent debate with them .

No. You could not be my friend and vote Tory. I have no close family living in England. I have refused to talk to people who vote Tory out of politeness. It couldn't possibly end well.

I am presently trying to avoid Landon/airplane puns. It isn't easy.

You should always have friends from all walks of life, it helps dispel myths that you might have about them .

If you ever live in london or England again make an effort to talk to conservative voters, I don't like their politics but most of them enjoy a good political debate .
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:40pm

Madonna, mad ferret, coyne etc. do you have any friends or family who vote conservative ? do you call them scum and ****s to their faces ?

Yes. My mother. All the time, even tho she won't vote...What in the name of good Jaysus are you talking about?? Read back the thread like a good lad. You'll see a detailed, rational arguement laid out by myself about the effects of the decisions made around the Banking bailout and how it was facilitated by the State that Sbyrne had been previously bitchin & moaning was seemingly robbing all his £££ in taxation. In reply we got teenage angst response I'M OFF TO USE THE TOILET FOR A LONG TIME I AM SO THERE & ***** WORDS. 
You're taking the pish slow & dumb and throwing red herrings about supposed denials of speech and suchlike Confused
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:35pm

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

When I have ever insulted someone? Shocked

I've been the person who hasn't Confused

Just had a quick look at your posts .

You're right, I apologise .

I'd make a good Greens MP Cool
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

When I have ever insulted someone? Shocked

I've been the person who hasn't Confused

Just had a quick look at your posts .

You're right, I apologise .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 494495496497498 532>
  Share Topic