You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 535>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

I've actually come to the conclusion I'm talking to some AI machine linked between 51 Mount Street Upper in Dublin and Downing Street in London. 

Try to engage, at least once without the ad hominem.

Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 4:32pm
I've actually come to the conclusion I'm talking to some AI machine linked between 51 Mount Street Upper in Dublin and Downing Street in London. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The League of Ireland has Tom the Gom, YBIG has Het-field 

Is that all you got (including being unnecessarily insulting about Tom?). Why don’t you actually respond to my points. You ducked the one about SF’s budget and now you’re ducking again.

I'm fed up of telling you the same thing over and over again that's why. You don't have the brain capacity to evaluate both sides of any subject. 
BTW The basis for you're argument on the SF budget is an article in the Sunday Business Post / Irish Times (Fine Gael propaganda machines & no other media outlets carried the story) , yet you seem to seem to divert away from the fact that Doherty went back to the Business Post on several occasions and pointed out their miscalculation and yet they still went and published the article and wont publish the response submitted by Doherty. That tells you everything you need to know. Even 1 little search on Twitter shows you Doherty attacking the Business Post on the 3rd of March to which they have also failed to reply. 

Bog standard projection. And I didn’t take my views from the business post. It’s what I read in the link you shared and based on what I know about the uncertain nature of taxation, and how unreliable it can be especially is the base is narrowed. I have history on my side on that point. 1977 and 2004-2007 speak to that. This is easy, but your go ahead with your assumption. My brain capacity is fine, hence why it’s easy to pick holes in the alternative budget, and identity some easy questions as to how it will be sustainably funded. It’s simply about having an awareness. But you’ve already nailed your colours to the last about SF and “CHANGE” (forgive me while I chortle at your nativity on that one).
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 4:25pm

Is that all you got (including being unnecessarily insulting about Tom?). Why don’t you actually respond to my points. You ducked the one about SF’s budget and now you’re ducking again.

I'm fed up of telling you the same thing over and over again that's why. You don't have the brain capacity to evaluate both sides of any subject. 
BTW The basis for you're argument on the SF budget is an article in the Sunday Business Post / Irish Times (Fine Gael propaganda machines & no other media outlets carried the story) , yet you seem to seem to divert away from the fact that Doherty went back to the Business Post on several occasions and pointed out their miscalculation and yet they still went and published the article and wont publish the response submitted by Doherty. That tells you everything you need to know. Even 1 little search on Twitter shows you Doherty attacking the Business Post on the 3rd of March to which they have also failed to reply. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 4:12pm

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 4:09pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 3:21pm
What is my response going to be about the RFK monologue? The fact that the provocation argument is a debunked fairy story which relies on the dubious (at best) interpretation of events after the fall of the wall, and the deliberate ignorance of the Budapest Agreement in 1994 which massively weakened Ukraine in terms of its military as a way of easing Russian collective mentality? Or the fact that Russia went through a period around the turn of the millennium whereby it was interested in joining NATO. How does severing Eastern parts of Ukraine assist in protection against NATO?

What makes the Assange situation complex is the it remains in the courts. That’s a simple fact.

And Corbyn “calling out” Biden wouldn’t prevent anything. That’s the most simplistic solution I have ever come across. But I suppose that’s the best I can expect from you.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 3:01pm

Corbyn ruined himself by being incapable of taking a proper position on Brexit, which was the key factor in the 2019 election. Leavers and remainers didn’t trust him. The Skripal Affair also cast serious doubts about his ability to manage key foreign affairs issues, and that would have re-appeared during the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The fact that the 2019 Tory administration has failed Britain terribly is not proof that Corbyn would have succeeded, and it’s not sound analysis to place the blame at the foot of the media, particularly given the outcome in 2017.

Go away ya gowl, Skripal Affair and Corbyn LOL you're subscription to the Guardian needs to be cancelled for us to take you seriously LOL

One thing for certain is Corbyn wouldn't have bowed to Biden /CIA and Zelensky would have signed a peace agreement in 2022 unlike Boris and his actions. We would have peace in Ukraine today. 

I'd go to as far as saying Julian Assange would be free and possibly we wouldn't have the genocide in Gaza today either. Possibly also the Brits would be out of NATO 

What absolute tosh. There was no material peace deal on the table as there were redlines that were never going to be met. He’s another ‘give peace a chance’ merchant, while ignoring the lack of good faith on the part of the belligerent Russian state. 

How would Assange be free? The PM nor the government has the power to intervene in that. So that’s just utter rubbish which indicates your total ignorance. 

And how would he have brokered a stop if Israeli actions in Gaza? 

I’ve given up telling you the same thing over and over again. Maybe you are better at listening than reading. Did a search around YouTube and this 5 minute RFK clip sums it up perfectly. The funny thing about it, I actually think I know what your response is already.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNC3N93YYNE

As for Assange, Rishi Sunak ought to refuse now to accede to the US request. Also, have you not read anything Albanese has said to Sunak? He even told him where he could end it now. He did his homework on it. He didn’t just release a statement because 60 to 70 Australian MP’s told him to do so without basis. It’s right there, look it up.  

And how would he have brokered a stop? Like Corbyn has done all his life, he would have called out Biden for what he is, what he has done, what he continues to do. It wouldn’t look too good with the next biggest super power to the United States is accusing you of assisting in the on-going genocide which would have resulted in brokering a stop a lot sooner than where we find ourselves now with he US finally waking up.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

This forum definitely needs a sarcasm emoji. LOL

No, I knew he was being sarcastic. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

A gif of hornet should do it.  
AKA pedantic kunt
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 8:40pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

My heart bleeds for him...

Mine doesn’t. He’s made a hash of his time as PM, as his predecessor did before him, and her predecessor before that.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 5:15pm
My heart bleeds for him...
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:33pm
Finally got to read about the poll in detail. It leaves Sunak in a difficult position to either call the election in the short term, or lurch on to the last moment. It’s a difficult one as either could backfire.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Corbyn ruined himself by being incapable of taking a proper position on Brexit, which was the key factor in the 2019 election. Leavers and remainers didn’t trust him. The Skripal Affair also cast serious doubts about his ability to manage key foreign affairs issues, and that would have re-appeared during the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The fact that the 2019 Tory administration has failed Britain terribly is not proof that Corbyn would have succeeded, and it’s not sound analysis to place the blame at the foot of the media, particularly given the outcome in 2017.
The outcome in 2017 played a huge part as Corbyn nearly won that election as he was brilliant during the few weeks of campaigning and then the right wing media and establishment realised he was a threat to the way things were all always done and they set out to destroy him. On the next election there’s a good chance Starmer will be awful during the campaign and the Tory’s won’t get it as bad as that poll suggests.

He didn’t ’nearly win it’, he stopped a Tory overall majority (which was closer than a Labour led ‘grand coalition.’ Corbyn had an excellent campaign, May had a dreadful one. And once that was over Corbyn actually had something of a honeymoon period. That stopped after the Skripal affair which proved a massive blow to his credibility (ignore what the Donkey says, his dismissal is wrong and ignorant of the importance of that). He then feel between two stools on the big issue of the day, Brexit, and couldn’t extract himself from his historical viewpoint and the viewpoint of the party. The media didn’t cause this, he caused it himself by effectively stepping off the pitch on the Brexit issue in 2019, and left the Remainers to vote Lib Dem/Green etc, and the leavers to vote Tory/BXP. But it was Trump-style myth that Corbyn won, or nearly won the 2017 election. In practical terms he delayed an inevitable outcome, and pointing fingers at the media just doesn’t reflect the nature of the 2019 election.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 1:13pm

The outcome in 2017 played a huge part as Corbyn nearly won that election as he was brilliant during the few weeks of campaigning and then the right wing media and establishment realised he was a threat to the way things were all always done and they set out to destroy him. On the next election there’s a good chance Starmer will be awful during the campaign and the Tory’s won’t get it as bad as that poll suggests.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 11:17am

Go away ya gowl, Skripal Affair and Corbyn LOL you're subscription to the Guardian needs to be cancelled for us to take you seriously LOL

One thing for certain is Corbyn wouldn't have bowed to Biden /CIA and Zelensky would have signed a peace agreement in 2022 unlike Boris and his actions. We would have peace in Ukraine today. 

I'd go to as far as saying Julian Assange would be free and possibly we wouldn't have the genocide in Gaza today either. Possibly also the Brits would be out of NATO 

What absolute tosh. There was no material peace deal on the table as there were redlines that were never going to be met. He’s another ‘give peace a chance’ merchant, while ignoring the lack of good faith on the part of the belligerent Russian state. 

How would Assange be free? The PM nor the government has the power to intervene in that. So that’s just utter rubbish which indicates your total ignorance. 

And how would he have brokered a stop if Israeli actions in Gaza? 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 11:12am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 535>
  Share Topic