You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL refs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Andre Marriner is the ref for the Liverpool v Man city match today.

What could possibly go wrong!
Did a good job in fairness to him. Let the game flow, didn't get much wrong

One of his better games.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 6:09pm
Wenger likes refs now!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:52pm
Jon Moss got the two important decisions right at Anfield.
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:55pm
Last minute pen and?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Last minute pen and?
The assistant ref got the last minute penalty decsion correct.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:58pm

Jon Moss got the two important decisions right at Anfield.

Just posted this in the Liverpool thread...

The offside for the 1st one bothers me greatly. Kane is offside from Allis pass. He's interfering with play. Does Lovrens touch negate anything that has gone before, and all of a sudden it doesn't matter who is offside behind him from the original pass? If that touch actually just makes everything from there fair game, or if Lovrens touch makes it another phase of play, the offside rule is a mockery.

In the situation above Lovren won't attempt to play the ball unless Kane is behind him. He's trying to stop the ball going through to a player who is clearly offside and who couldn't be more obviously interfering with play. A farce of a situation. The offside rule has become a bit of a shambles.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 04 Feb 2018 at 6:58pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 7:00pm
On the above, there's one of 2 things after happening.

The refs got it right for the offside call for the first pen, in which case the offside laws are now a joke.3

or

The refs got it wrong and the touch from Lovren shouldn't negate Kane being offside from Allis pass. In which case it's desperate refereeing altogether.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
Yep, as I thought. The first penalty should be pulled back for offside from Allis pass. Lovren doesn't deliberately pass the ball back (ala Dier for Salahs first goal), he slices it. Hence it's still the same phase of play, meaning Kane is clearly offside.

Now you have a linesman telling a ref, he's offside but he's not sure if Lovren touches the ball. Even though Lovren touching the ball alone doesn't negate Kane being in an offside decision. So even after this discussion, they decide to give the goal. The standard of refereeing is absolutely appalling. They do not even know the very basic rules.

btw listening to Dermot Gallacher, a former ref, talk about the incident sums up my general feelings on the standard of referees in general and their knowledge of the rules. For him to say live on sky sports that the first penalty incident wasn't offside is embarrassing. As he's not even in the heat of battle so to speak, he's sitting in a studio post match having plenty of time to analyse that situation. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 04 Feb 2018 at 10:02pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:11pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:26pm
Killer Kilbane talking about yesterdays refereeing in the Liverpool v Spurs match on Newstalk now and he is saying Moss was right on the major decisions. 

More from KK on this on Off the Ball from 19.00 tonight.

Edited by Double Maxim - 05 Feb 2018 at 6:34pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 7:38pm

Killer Kilbane talking about yesterdays refereeing in the Liverpool v Spurs match on Newstalk now and he is saying Moss was right on the major decisions. 

More from KK on this on Off the Ball from 19.00 tonight.

Carragher is on MNF saying the first one, Kane is onside. Mark Clattenburg saying earlier today, Kane is offside. There's no doubt in my mind Kane is offside before winning the penalty.

On the second one, it's a definite penalty. VVD clearly fouls him. The problem is that Lamela is offside just before. VAR would have given offside in that situation. Also Moss actually waves it away while looking at it from only a few yards away. The linesman overrules him. Moss was comically bad yesterday LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 7:39pm
On him asking the 4th official to look at the monitor, which I presume is totally against the rules, I would say that is going on for ages and nobody has clocked it yet.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:31pm
I have no doubt. I can think of incidences easily 6 years ago when I was sure ref's were stalling on making a decision in order to get feedback from a replay. Absolutely sure of it.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:52pm
A second yellow for this https://www.clippituser.tv/c/wykmmb

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:01pm
His first yellow looked very soft as well. Barely touches him, if at all for the second yellow, but I will say that once a player takes a bad touch and overs stretches like that, the refs are on high alert for that foul every time.

On the game itself, I don't think I've seen a player play as badly for 30 mins before as what Bakayoko just produced.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:34am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:46am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 8:41pm
Andre Marriner is in charge of the VAR at Swansea tonight what could possibly go wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic