Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI U17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 4:31pm
..Shocked
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Sponsored Links

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:58pm

THE Football Association of Ireland have today confirm that the Kerry District League will be accepted into the SSE Airtricity National U17 League for the forthcoming 2016 season. More details will be given at next Monday nights Delegate meeting at Mounthawk Park at 8pm . This meeting will be open to anyone with an interested in this new venture for the league after todays announcement .

FAI Press Release ,

Football continues to make great strides in the Kingdom and 2015 was a breakthrough year for the Kerry District League as their representative sides captured both the SFAI Kennedy Cup and the U15 Galway Cup trophies.

“It’s great to have the Kerry District League in the SEE Airtricity National U17 League. It’s an important area for football to develop in this country,” said FAI High Performance Director Ruud Dokter.

“Kerry have produced a lot of good players before who may have had to travel to play at this level so it’s great that they will now have the opportunity to play at national level with the Kerry League team.

“Kerry won the Kennedy Cup this year so we can see that there is a lot of young talent in the county so this step can be an important help in improving the pathway for players from the area.”

John O’Regan, secretary of the Kerry District League, believes the announcement of the league representative team’s participation in the SSE Airtricity National U17 League will be a major boost to the game in the county.

“We’re delighted naturally enough. We’ve been developing our facilities at Mounthawk for a number of years. We had a team in the U20 league several years ago and would have liked to build on that so when this opportunity arose to enter a team we were more than delighted to do so,” he said.

“A lot of our players were going to play in the SSE Airtricity League with the likes of Limerick, Cork City and Cobh Ramblers so now they can get to play at the level they are capable of playing without leaving Kerry.

“Providing everything goes according to plan we’d like to progress to U19 level in due course but for the time being this is very positive.

“Winning the Kennedy Cup and the Galway Cup at U15 level this year was fantastic and showed how much talent is in the county and a few years ago Killarney Celtic and Tralee Dynamoes won national cups.

“The county has produced league players for a few years now including the likes of Billy and Darren Dennehy, Shane Guthrie, David Hennessy and many others.

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:58pm
Kerry District League to have a u17 team next year
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 9:51pm
Fixtures announced a few days ago. We have Cork City at home for our first game. Couldn't have asked for a better fixture for our opening game (or maybe we did ) Most of our top clubs in Kerry are represented so there will be big interest to see how our lads do.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 9:59pm
Great to see more representation panteira
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:19pm

Yes and Mayo are looking to join next year also. Hopefully the football public down here will come out and support but I wont be holding my breath. Should have an under 19 team going in a couple of years and if decent crowds turned up it would move Kerry closer to having a senior LOI team

deise View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 5:29pm
[QUOTE=PanteirA] Fixtures announced a few days ago. We have Cork City at home for our first game. Couldn't have asked for a better fixture for our opening game (or maybe we did ) Most of our top clubs in Kerry are represented so there will be big interest to see how our lads do. 

Tough one for Kerry to start with seen Cork last year a very good team one of the strongest in this secton, frcom what i've heard suppose to have brought a few new players in.  Best of luck to Kerry for coming season your players will enjoy playing in this league, last season games I attended were of a high standard.
bla bla bla
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Yes and Mayo are looking to join next year also. Hopefully the football public down here will come out and support but I wont be holding my breath. Should have an under 19 team going in a couple of years and if decent crowds turned up it would move Kerry closer to having a senior LOI team

This is fantastic news. If underage teams lead to more league teams in soccer outposts like Kerry, Mayo and even Monaghan and Tipperary those teams will have been an unbelievable success.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by deise deise wrote:

[QUOTE=PanteirA] Fixtures announced a few days ago. We have Cork City at home for our first game. Couldn't have asked for a better fixture for our opening game (or maybe we did ) Most of our top clubs in Kerry are represented so there will be big interest to see how our lads do. 

Tough one for Kerry to start with seen Cork last year a very good team one of the strongest in this secton, frcom what i've heard suppose to have brought a few new players in.  Best of luck to Kerry for coming season your players will enjoy playing in this league, last season games I attended were of a high standard.
Yes Cork will be a very tough game ,  but what I meant by a great 1st  fixture is because it might attract people to come and see it and hopefully they will like what they see. Loads of football fans down here but most follow English clubs and don't attend any games here or overseas. If this Kerry venture into LOI is to keep growing in the coming years a support base has to be formed. It will be brilliant for our players to test themselves against Irelands best and it gives younger players in all clubs here something to aim for in the future .
deise View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 11:10pm
Got to games in Waterford / Wexford etc mostly parents and family members. It needs publicity to attracted more interest at some of the games there were a decent crowd its going to grow.
bla bla bla
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 1:19am
Best of luck to all teams for this season which starts this weekend. Does anyone know where I can get or view the rules for the U17 LOI?
I been asked a question about eligibility which I can't answer. Can a player play schoolboy and LOI U17 with the same club in the same season?
get me out of hear
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 12:47pm
[QUOTE=Yellow Belly] Best of luck to all teams for this season which starts this weekend. Does anyone know where I can get or view the rules for the U17 LOI?
I been asked a question about eligibility which I can't answer. Can a player play schoolboy and LOI U17 with the same club in the same season?

Where can I get rules in relation to LOI U17 any help would be appreciated thanks.
get me out of hear
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 1:23pm
http://loi17.com/ 

contact these lads and ask them
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 2:12pm
Tks but I think their not operating at the moment they posted nothing about games over the weekend. The Fai won't answer emails either.
get me out of hear
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 11:33pm
Confirmed that Kerry are entering again this year. I wonder if there will be any more new additions joining the League. Hope we will cope better this year.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:22pm
Sun Mar 19

Northern Section
Athlone Town v Sligo Rovers
Derry City v St. Pats ath.
Drogheda United v Longford Town
Monaghan United-Cavan FP v Bohemians
Shelbourne v Dundalk

Southern Section
Cabinteely v Shamrock Rovers
Cobh Ramblers v Wexford Youths
Galway United v Kerry
UCD v Bray Wanderers
Waterford FC v Cork City

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:27pm
Sun Apr 02

Northern Section
Sligo Roverss v Drogheda United
St. Pats Ath. v Shelbourne
Longford Town v Monaghan Utd-Cavan FP
Dundalk Fc v Athlone Town
Bohemians v Finn Harps

Southern Section
Wexford Youths v Limerick FC
Shamrock Rovers v Cobh Ramblers
Kerry v Waterford FC
Cork City v UCD
Bray Wanderers v Cabinteely
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 2:18pm
Monaghan United-Cavan FP, what does FP stand for?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic