You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI U17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 3:38pm
List of Fixtures for upcoming season  on FAI website today.

get me out of hear
Sponsored Links

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 4:03pm
I would hope when the U-19 and U-17 leagues kick off together in march next year that the fixture will be on the same day. Would take a bit of plannin but would be great to have U-17 U-19 games on the same day as senior games. I know the youth teams usually dont play on main pitchs so its very possible to do and would save alot on travel expenses. It would be great to have young lads around older players too.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I would hope when the U-19 and U-17 leagues kick off together in march next year that the fixture will be on the same day. Would take a bit of plannin but would be great to have U-17 U-19 games on the same day as senior games. I know the youth teams usually dont play on main pitchs so its very possible to do and would save alot on travel expenses. It would be great to have young lads around older players too.

Should be do able because they hopefully be playing in decent weather and pitches won't be getting plough up and I think the U17 and u19 are starting in April but would save a lot on expenses if two teams travelled on the same day to away games.
get me out of hear
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 12:46am
Heard Martin Russell on newstalk tonight saying he and pat o sullivan were doing up the cost of the U17 and 19 sides and came up with a figure of 190k. Now he did say that's for the half season this year and the full season next but your still talking 150k to run both sides every year.
That's a serious outlay and will require massive investment and help from the FAI or the whole thing will be very short lived.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 9:39pm
Anywhere to view the u17 squads?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 9:59pm
Looking forward to the U/17 league. Hope it gets a bit more coverage than the U/19.Also a representative team from the league should be selected and play a few games against academies in England.
alive and kicking
outsider View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outsider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:07pm
[QUOTE=BigStrongMan] Anywhere to view the u17 squads?

LOI U17.com some squads announced on it and Bray wanderers have squad on their site/facebook
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:25am
Originally posted by outsider outsider wrote:

[QUOTE=BigStrongMan] Anywhere to view the u17 squads?

LOI U17.com some squads announced on it and Bray wanderers have squad on their site/facebook
can't find that site,any link to it?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 12:36pm
I worry about these leagues especially the U17 one.

Both Pats and Rovers are paying players to play for them in this league that could be playing U16 Premier. Also I would suggest the most managers and coaches in the league are also getting paid.

I will give you an example of the club I am closest to.
Last year St Joseph's Boys 15P were the best team in Ireland. All Ireland winners against another excellent team in St Kevin's. I believe the two were 1 and 2 in the league too.

In the set up their team have one Uefa A and two Uefa B coaches as well as a general manager type figure with years of experience in developing players. These are volunteers. They're there because they love being involved in producing talented teams,footballers and people.There's no real pressure on them to win leagues or cups. It is all about the development of players. The management team have been coaching young players successfully for many years.

Contrast that to the new LOI set up. A lot of clubs will probably have coaches of an equal standard and the off the pitch set up in terms of equipment, gear, training areas will probably be better in most cases. However, with managers and coaches getting paid, an expectation of results then comes into things. Instead of player development, emphasis on results comes into play. If you look at the LOI Premier Division a lot of teams are set up to frustrate the opposition and don't play a good brand of football. Is that how we want U17s to play?

I believe Ger O'Brien and Aidan Price are Pats and Rovers managers. I know both have been involved in schoolboy football with Francis and Cherry Orchard and have coaching qualifications but are they really better equipped to produce players than the volunteers at Joes, Kevin's, Home Farm etc? I'm not so sure.

A fella high up in Cabinteely told me they expect the U17s to cost them 30k this year. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see this as being sustainable.
Theres only one sport that matters..
outsider View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outsider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 1:28pm

http://loi17.com/

Edited by outsider - 06 Aug 2015 at 1:34pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

A fella high up in Cabinteely told me they expect the U17s to cost them 30k this year. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see this as being sustainable.
If they sell one player in ten years for 300k then its paid for.

I do take your point though, some coaches arent fully qualified and are being rushed through the system.
They do not have the experience of said coaches you mention.

Time will tell.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
TheCoach View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCoach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 3:02pm
The U17 league will be streets ahead of DDSL Premier in terms of player development. To suggest that managers will put preference on winning over player development is wrong. Every manager/coaches job is to produce players capable of playing at a higher level. Look at the manner in which the U19 league is played, massively technically based with focus on development and this is at the age where winning and competition should be made important.

Qualified, professional coaches working at this level is vital. I know for a fact that not all coaches are being paid at U17/19 level, meaning every coach at this level is their through love of football. Any volunteer coach with the necessary qualifications would be mad not to want to work at the highest level in this country, particularly with U15 and U13 about to follow.

Also, there is no chance players at U17 or U19 are getting paid, unless they're making first team appearances.
outsider View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outsider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 4:28pm
[QUOTE=The Boy Z

Both Pats and Rovers are paying players to play for them in this league that could be playing U16 Premier

How much are they getting paid? I know of one lad who's gone to rovers and I'm sure he getting looked after he's has a 200 mile round trip from S/east to make training and matches.
outsider View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outsider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 4:06pm
Youths have no Qualified B license coach doing anything with their U17 squad but have three good lads looking after them I've been told this from one of parents with son involved and not getting paid.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 4:23pm
Mervue United beat Shamrock Rovers 4-3 in their opening match this afternoon.
Benteke View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benteke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 3:30pm
As far as I know the U17 LOI concludes in December. Can those U17 players then transfer/play for the same club in the local schoolboy leagues?
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Benteke Benteke wrote:

As far as I know the U17 LOI concludes in December. Can those U17 players then transfer/play for the same club in the local schoolboy leagues?

If they are signed up to a LOI club then no. There's no dual registration.
If they want to return to the local club then that's their choice.
It's an either or situation.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

If they sell one player in ten years for 300k then its paid for.

I do take your point though, some coaches arent fully qualified and are being rushed through the system.
They do not have the experience of said coaches you mention.

Time will tell.

Fair point. I'm not sure every club will produce a player that an overseas club will pay 300k for within 10 years. English clubs are less likely to take an Irish kid over now at 15-17 because they'll have to pay 100s of thousands to LOI clubs rather than 10s of thousands to DDSL clubs.

On the flip side, we'll hopefully be producing better players if the aims of the league are achieved.

Originally posted by TheCoach TheCoach wrote:

The U17 league will be streets ahead of DDSL Premier in terms of player development. To suggest that managers will put preference on winning over player development is wrong. Every manager/coaches job is to produce players capable of playing at a higher level. Look at the manner in which the U19 league is played, massively technically based with focus on development and this is at the age where winning and competition should be made important.

Qualified, professional coaches working at this level is vital. I know for a fact that not all coaches are being paid at U17/19 level, meaning every coach at this level is their through love of football. Any volunteer coach with the necessary qualifications would be mad not to want to work at the highest level in this country, particularly with U15 and U13 about to follow.

Also, there is no chance players at U17 or U19 are getting paid, unless they're making first team appearances.

You are wrong about this. I have spoken directly to 2 players getting paid to play for the U17 teams.

And I don't agree that you can vouch for every manager/coach in the league as to what their ambitions for their teams are. 
Theres only one sport that matters..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic