Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI U17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:48am
I get as far as Ruud Dokter and get a fit of the giggles. Every time
Sponsored Links

Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 1:58pm
UCD are holding trials for U17 LOI on this Saturday
get me out of hear
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:04pm
Season starts 9 August. There are 3 groups non LOI teams are Monaghan, Mervue and Salthill. Short season from August till December. Season 2016 will be in line with Senior season and start March 2016.
alive and kicking
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:14pm
quick question are players 1999 able to play next season at U17 LOI staring inApril was told theY couldn't.  
get me out of hear
deise View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 6:17pm
Are any of the LOI clubs still looking for players for this age group?  
bla bla bla
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 2:10am
Very disappointing there is no kerry league side after there was so much talk that there would be. Also the fact there's no mayo team is a joke. Maybe rovers will take the best of the talent from there.
The groups also seem very strange surely rovers Mervue Salthill harps and derry and possibly even mons/cavan should be in the same group.
Despite that I think this is the best idea in a very long time. It was ridiculous that there hasn't been a proper youth structure in the league.
The monaghan/cavan partnership looks very promising. Hopefully it's the foundation for their return to senior football.
The setting down of financial payment between loi and junior clubs is welcome too and the fact they have a stake in the player if he's sold on in a big transfer makes it in junior clubs interests to produce loi players

Edited by Bitored - 30 Jun 2015 at 2:30am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Also the fact there's no mayo team is a joke. Maybe rovers will take the best of the talent from there.

No maybe about it. Their last 3 years of U19 have been by far made up of a majority Mayo lads. I find it incredible that a club who haven't had a youth team in their near 100 year existence can get into this over a club who has been producing most of their young talent. Absolutely ridiculous.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 2:34am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Also the fact there's no mayo team is a joke. Maybe rovers will take the best of the talent from there.

No maybe about it. Their last 3 years of U19 have been by far made up of a majority Mayo lads. I find it incredible that a club who haven't had a youth team in their near 100 year existence can get into this over a club who has been producing most of their young talent. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sligo rovers has a lot of supporters in mayo so it's not that ridiculous and until mayo has a club in the LOI Rovers are the nearest senior club

Edited by Bitored - 30 Jun 2015 at 2:39am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 2:50am
It's not ridiculous that they looked for expressions of interest from clubs and rejected ours on no grounds whatsoever? What on earth has fan base got to do with an U17 league? Is this about development or what? We are working our holes off down here and it's not so we can be a feeder club for Sligo Rovers.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 3:00am
I have absolutely nothing to do with the FAI or their decisions so I can't answer that. The only guess I can make is funding would be a big issue or perhaps they thought there was a pathway there already for players in mayo/sligo/leitrim with rovers. The point of the U17 league is to feed players into senior league of Ireland sides. Until there's a senior alternative based in mayo rovers are the next best thing. My reference to the fan base is very relevant as I'm sure rovers supporters in mayo of which their are many would be much happier with local players playing for rovers and progressing into the senior team like boylan has recently rather than going to some other club they don't support.
I believe there should be a mayo team in the league it's just too big of a county with a good underage structure not to have a senior side. I doubt Castlebar Celtic or Mayo league would be out of their depth in the first division. Saying that a team from there would always be up against with GAA. That's unfortunately why it hasnt happened. I'd love to see a kerry and tipp team too but they won't happen for the same reasons.

Edited by Bitored - 30 Jun 2015 at 3:15am
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 7:59am
Wasn't Kerry promised dual registration by the fai and a help out with travel expenses read it on here a while back maybe that was the deal breaker why they didn't enter a U17 side. They won the Kennedy Cup as well this year and produce good talented players down there another cock up by somebody probably the usual suspects.
get me out of hear
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 8:55am

It's not ridiculous that they looked for expressions of interest from clubs and rejected ours on no grounds whatsoever? What on earth has fan base got to do with an U17 league? Is this about development or what? We are working our holes off down here and it's not so we can be a feeder club for Sligo Rovers.

Not having a dig here but have ye ever contemplated trying to join the league? Obviously would be a massive expense but was just wondering.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 10:12am
Seems some of the better DDSL u16 players are going to play in the u17.
Looks like the value of the u16 Premier will be devalued some what
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Not having a dig here but have ye ever contemplated trying to join the league? Obviously would be a massive expense but was just wondering.

Yeah I think that's the point here. What is needed is an integrated approach from u17 through u19 to senior in the one club. Afaik u15 is on the cards too down the line.

However, as Mon/Cavan and the GUFC, Salthill & Mervue situation already provide anomalies to this then perhaps a Mayo team should have been entered. That said, I have it on impeccable authority that the Fai have no time whatsoever for Castlebar Celtic. Not sure what happened but was told so in the past in relation to another matter.

As for dual registrations, it couldn't be allowed in Kerry and then not throughout the league. I'm glad they haven't been allowed as it would have resulted in clubs just fielding teams and not actually having any underage structure in place at all.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 11:59am
Well, I can put it on the record that I have no time for them either

@ nah nah, no, there's no way Celtic could enter the senior LOI. It would just be way too much in terms of expense. However, who knows what will happen in future. The U17 league is more that doable for us. 

@BitOfRed, the reason there is no LOI team in Mayo is not because of the GAA. It is because of expense. We tried our luck in the LOI A Championship. It was a pathetic competition. Terribly run, a total shambles. And with the expense (Not least the ridiculous affiliation fees) nearly floored us. I'd say if the FAI are pissed at us, it's because we pulled out of that. It's a good job we did pull out. A waste of time. No means to an end. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 12:04pm
Many scouts at these games lads?

I was playing with Kilkenny City in the old under 20s LOI league a good few years back and there were plenty of scouts attending games.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Seems some of the better DDSL u16 players are going to play in the u17.
Looks like the value of the u16 Premier will be devalued some what

Yes this was what I expected.

We've recently made contact with a LOI club in Dublin to propose a link (pathway) for our players as per the FAI PDP.

They said we are the first club to contact them !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:06am

the reason there is no LOI team in Mayo is not because of the GAA. It is because of expense. We tried our luck in the LOI A Championship. It was a pathetic competition. Terribly run, a total shambles. And with the expense (Not least the ridiculous affiliation fees) nearly floored us. 

I agree with you about the A championship. It was a joke to put reserve sides in with LOI. Proper provincial/regional leagues with promotion into the first division would have been much more useful. The affiliation fees are crippling long established league clubs so there's no way new teams could afford them.
But GAA is the reason there is no interest in a league club in mayo apart from with committed people like yourself. Obviously it's not as simple as that and the leagues problems have alot to do too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic