LOI U17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 7:40pm
Understand it's to start in September with a short season to December. Then to bring it into line with the new calendar year set up to start again in March. But I don't knew if the players who play in this short season will be under age for the new season in March. If they are not it's a pity we have been waiting for this for 3years.Why not wait until March and start then.
alive and kicking
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 6:26pm
It was indeed YB, but that's the call we got here.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 4:53pm
[QUOTE=MayoMark] Only LoI clubs will be entering this for the first year, and then non-League clubs will be considered. Starting this year.

But wasn't advertised as expression of interest from Clubs not just league of Ireland clubs.
get me out of hear
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 4:26pm
Only LoI clubs will be entering this for the first year, and then non-League clubs will be considered. Starting this year.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
sullo-bohs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sullo-bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 3:48pm
Well the 19s is two divisions, north and south so can't see why they would move away from that. What would make sense is to try and have the same teams in both 17s and 19s leagues and have the same fixtures on same days, makes it easier for clubs to travel long distance plus at least there be some kind of crowd for the kids to play in front of.
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 3:44pm
Would these be in a full time league or similar to the old League Cup with a small group and then knockout?
sullo-bohs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sullo-bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 3:42pm
http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/fai-seeks-expressions-of-interest-for-national-u17-league

Says here FAI are looking for other clubs to express interest who are non-LOI. Would imagine it will be similar to current under 19 league in terms of teams. There are only 3 non LOI teams in the under 19s though so can't imagine under 17s will have anymore (Letterkenny, Salthill and Mervue).

Also says it starts August 2015.
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 3:32pm
Isn't it suppose to start in September? From what I've heard U16's will still be able to play with their own schoolboy team and also play LOI U17 is this true.
get me out of hear
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

Correct as part of the licensing agreement all LOI sides must have an u17 side, I would much prefer if they started at u11 and worked there way up to u17 rather take a full squad of players from local leagues just fulfill an obligation.
That will happen in time. The FAI have to take a gradual approach to stop the schoolboy clubs openly revolting.

I fear a number of clubs will see it as an obligation and vote it out in time, like the reserve league, U21's, A championship etc.
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 1:28pm
Correct as part of the licensing agreement all LOI sides must have an u17 side, I would much prefer if they started at u11 and worked there way up to u17 rather take a full squad of players from local leagues just fulfill an obligation.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 1:21pm
It is my understanding it happens next season and is LoI only and all LoI clubs have to enter a team.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 12:57pm
LOI U17 any news if this league going to start at all this year or is it going to be put back for the 2 year? What LOI Clubs putting teams in and what Junior/Schoolboy Clubs are going to enter it if they're allowed?
get me out of hear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic