You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Official Cabinteely FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:10am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Anything else go on at that meeting in Monaghan when the club took the decision to join the LOI in 1985? I was only 5 so couldn't make the meeting myself, delighted you were there though so can shed some light on it
Its hardly a secret that one of the major reasons Mons joined the LoI was to become a "super" underage club.
So you weren't there then? 
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:18am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Well I think I agree with RTID, which means I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue, I fail to see why Monaghan are being brought into it.
All I am pointing out was the last time a serious underage outfit 'stepped up', and maybe I should have included Home Farm too, was Mons. One of the reasons was it beefed up their 'power base' within the FAI and gave them advantages other underage clubs didn't have. Only on here is that a contentious statement.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:19am

Of course I wasn't there. When did that become the benchmark for proof of an opinion?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:02pm
forgot about Home Farm Everton😳
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

With respect to Home Farm, they did hang around for a long time and won the FAI Cup in 1975 with Keely and Kinger among their ranks.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

With respect to Home Farm, they did hang around for a long time and won the FAI Cup in 1975 with Keely and Kinger among their ranks.
👍
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:28pm

Its hardly a secret that one of the major reasons Mons joined the LoI was to become a "super" underage club.

Of course I wasn't there. When did that become the benchmark for proof of an opinion?

So the not so secret reason is actually just your opinion which was formed by not being involved in the decision making process at Mons then. 

Grand job, just wanted to clear that up.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:31pm

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

</spain>

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">

</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">So the not so secret reason is actually just your opinion which was formed by not being involved in the decision making process at Mons then. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Grand job, just wanted to clear that up.</span>

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:36pm

Monaghan can piss off. They jumped ship overnight with little regard for their players or the League. Granted a club has to look out for itself but there was little interest from them to see out the season. Their points were scratched off and that had a bearing on the league table, and less home fixtures had an effect financially on every other clubs income.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Monaghan can piss off. They jumped ship overnight with little regard for their players or the League. Granted a club has to look out for itself but there was little interest from them to see out the season. Their points were scratched off and that had a bearing on the league table, and less home fixtures had an effect financially on every other clubs income.
We had seen out many a season before, when the time comes it comes....We couldnt play games in the dark or walk up and down the country to matches either.. Yes it fecked things up for the league but quite simply there was nothing left bar a pile of debts. Credit lines were exhausted, local business who had been so generous quite understandably reached their limits of kindness, we had fees to keep paying, bills, wages etc etc an there was no money there ...simple.

Anyway, Welcome to the Cabinteely FC thread
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:58pm

So the not so secret reason is actually just your opinion which was formed by not being involved in the decision making process at Mons then. 

I wasn't at the lunch where the Comical Gerry's got drunk and signed more of Dalyer away, but it doesn't lessen my opinion that they are legends.

Who p1ssed in your cornflakes? What have I said that is an outrage?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:43pm

I wasn't at the lunch where the Comical Gerry's got drunk and signed more of Dalyer away, but it doesn't lessen my opinion that they are legends.

Who p1ssed in your cornflakes? What have I said that is an outrage?
Didn't have Corn Flakes today.... Don't see the point of bringing Mons into it and then using an opinion you somehow formed as fact which. This differs from the Dalymount bonanza which from your standpoint you are quite within your rights to treat those involved as legends.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 4:08pm

Didn't have Corn Flakes today.... Don't see the point of bringing Mons into it and then using an opinion you somehow formed as fact which. This differs from the Dalymount bonanza which from your standpoint you are quite within your rights to treat those involved as legends.
Calm down petal. I am simply putting forward the hypothesis that schoolboy clubs have joined the LoI before specifically with a view to bolstering the schoolboy sections. In this case we also have the added bonus that membership of the elite U17 and U19 leagues may be restricted to LoI clubs, obviosuly Cabo want a piece of that.

If you disagree that was part of Mons reasons for joining the LoI, fine. But stating that if I wasn't party to the discussions 30 years ago that I cannot hold that opinion is ludicrious. Or put another way, can you prove me wrong? The only way you can, using your logic, is if you were in the room.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 4:20pm

Calm down petal. I am simply putting forward the hypothesis that schoolboy clubs have joined the LoI before specifically with a view to bolstering the schoolboy sections. In this case we also have the added bonus that membership of the elite U17 and U19 leagues may be restricted to LoI clubs, obviosuly Cabo want a piece of that.

If you disagree that was part of Mons reasons for joining the LoI, fine. But stating that if I wasn't party to the discussions 30 years ago that I cannot hold that opinion is ludicrious. Or put another way, can you prove me wrong? The only way you can, using your logic, is if you were in the room.
Petal?? must you resort to a childish little turn of phrase simply because I'm challenging your opinion, an opinion you initially stated as fact. We played local football from out foundation in 1979 before joining the LOI in 1985. 

You can hold an opinion all you like, it is just that, an opinion, not fact. Why should I prove you wrong? you made the statement originally, you prove it's correct, something I know you cannot do as much as you know it  I have already stated that I wasn't at the meeting as I was 5. Subsequently I was not part of any decision making process. I have however been following the club and garnered in that time a lot of information about our founding etc from people present at the time. 

As for Cabinteely, I can't comment on their reason bar from what I've read. Maybe they are looking at the U17/U19 and it is probably valid to form that opinion. As far as Mons go, I have already stated in another thread a while ago (I believe around the Scotland ticket fiasco) that Mons have been told we can join the new underage LOI. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 4:25pm
I might add by the way, and this is not club specific as such, hence a separate post, that IMO every club should be aspiring to strengthen their underage set up with a view to LOI membership. Of course thats dependent on the proper footballing structures being in place, Pyramid etc etc. If indeed Cabinteely in this instance, are intent on entering the underage LOI and achieving that by 1st Division membership, then best of luck to them even if it is, again IMO, doing things backways. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:45pm
That we agree on
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:17pm
Cabo play there first friendly v TEK this w/end in Stradbrook
Huge crowd expected
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:22pm
Can they loan players from semi pro/pro clubs?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic