You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Official Cabinteely FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Nice guy, Eddie.

He broke it to me gently. Really appreciated that. Glad we agree. 
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:09pm
Didn't have you down as a Sleeper fan, more of a sleeperbloke.
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Oh I know what he's at, I just think he's a muppet.

No I won't be signing for them unfortunately. Eddie Gormley doesn't rate me. Didn't sign me to a contract at Bray. Desperate times
I'd like to see them do well. Hard to see how that'll happen with no facilities, fans, money and so on. 
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

No I won't be signing for them unfortunately. Eddie Gormley doesn't rate me. Didn't sign me to a contract at Bray. Desperate times
I'd like to see them do well. Hard to see how that'll happen with no facilities, fans, money and so on. 

As I said earlier, most LSL/top AUL players won't go for it. Just seems a mad decision on all fronts. Has there been any signings officially announced? I assume the keeper is Vinny Tyrell

Edited by Blue Man - 02 Feb 2015 at 11:18pm
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:23pm

As I said earlier, most LSL/top AUL players won't go for it. Just seems a mad decision on all fronts. Has there been any signings officially announced? I assume the keeper is Vinny Tyrell
I played Cherry Orchard yesterday and they said four of their lads have signed for them. I've heard of two Greystones AFC lads too and a few other journeymen signing. We'll wait and see I suppose but I assume they'll rely heavily on loanees along with the few players they scrambled to sign last minute.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:27pm

I played Cherry Orchard yesterday and they said four of their lads have signed for them. I've heard of two Greystones AFC lads too and a few other journeymen signing. We'll wait and see I suppose but I assume they'll rely heavily on loanees along with the few players they scrambled to sign last minute.

Im sure a few ex Rovers B players will end up there as well

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:30pm
I am hearing that the Greystones team may break up at the end of the season. Some ropey stuff going on on/off the pitch and the players want the manager gone.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

I am hearing that the Greystones team may break up at the end of the season. Some ropey stuff going on on/off the pitch and the players want the manager gone.

The assistant manager was Darren Forsyth who has since gone to play up north. His brother is one of their better players as well so he could well end up there too. 2 very good players

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Heard the same. Second team folded recently too. Sure all the players are from around Dun Laoghaire area and they train in Monkstown!
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:10am
They have signed that goalkeeper from Premier C.

Jamie McGlynn (Was a sub for Malahide when we played them 2 weeks ago,was with Bray last year but didn't play much)

3 or 4 from Cherry Orchard (Don't know anything about them)

Conor Foley (Sound lad,was away for a couple of years but was playing for TEK 2nd team before that)

Rob Maloney (Was with Bray last year)

Winger from UCD LSL Team,not a bad player. Tyrone something.

Haven't heard who they signed off Greystones but if it's not Carl Forsyth then they aren't anything too great.

Stradbrook is also a dive of a place.
Theres only one sport that matters..
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:17am
Theres only one sport that matters..
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 6:56am
Any calls from Cabo Z😁?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:53am
I think I have this figured out.

This is basically why Mons joined the LoI. The team itself is not actually the point. What they get for their membership is a team in the U17 and U19 leagues and a seat at council. This is the strategic value for Cabo. They can't get relegated and only need a certain amount of punters to run at a managable loss.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:59am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

This is basically why Mons joined the LoI. The team itself is not actually the point. What they get for their membership is a team in the U17 and U19 leagues and a seat at council. This is the strategic value for Cabo. They can't get relegated and only need a certain amount of punters to run at a managable loss.

They are obviously going to be paying players, rent, expenses, travel costs etc so it's hard to see how they can break even or come close to it. 

El Puto Amo
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:02am

Anything else go on at that meeting in Monaghan when the club took the decision to join the LOI in 1985? I was only 5 so couldn't make the meeting myself, delighted you were there though so can shed some light on it
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:05am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

They are obviously going to be paying players, rent, expenses, travel costs etc so it's hard to see how they can break even or come close to it. 

"managable loss"

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Anything else go on at that meeting in Monaghan when the club took the decision to join the LOI in 1985? I was only 5 so couldn't make the meeting myself, delighted you were there though so can shed some light on it
Its hardly a secret that one of the major reasons Mons joined the LoI was to become a "super" underage club.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:08am
Well I think I agree with RTID, which means I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue, I fail to see why Monaghan are being brought into it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic