You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Treaty FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 10:15am
The group got onto the club about looking for an apology, so the club looked for a list of names, they thought they were getting an apology but instead he banned the lot of them hahaha, now if we are all not part of the greatest league in the world.......what a time to be alive. 
Sponsored Links

deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

Come on, if there was 5 more in the away end that would have been doing well for ye, I was shocked with the low support, even Waterford used to bring more for the so called "Munster Derby".

I'm very easy going when it comes to teams from outside of Leinster and away followings, because I know how difficult it is to juggle trying to get half days even full days off to get up the country every second week. But Limerick is only an hour and a half away at most. Even if you finished work at 6 you'd still make KO.

The Munster Derby thing is a bit overblown.

Traditionally Waterford fans always saw Shamrock Rovers as being the most attractive games particularly during our golden years period , the Cork sides although pretty strong at the time were never thought of as particularly serious challengers.

The transient nature of Cork sides didn't particularly help in this regard as we saw the demise of Hibs , Celtic , Albert Rovers followed by the Cork City/ Foras/ Cork City again debacle & the fact that the Blues remain entombed in the First division means that derby games are unlikely for some time !
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Come on, if there was 5 more in the away end that would have been doing well for ye, I was shocked with the low support, even Waterford used to bring more for the so called "Munster Derby".

I'm very easy going when it comes to teams from outside of Leinster and away followings, because I know how difficult it is to juggle trying to get half days even full days off to get up the country every second week. But Limerick is only an hour and a half away at most. Even if you finished work at 6 you'd still make KO.

The Munster Derby thing is a bit overblown.

Traditionally Waterford fans always saw Shamrock Rovers as being the most attractive games particularly during our golden years period , the Cork sides although pretty strong at the time were never thought of as particularly serious challengers.

The transient nature of Cork sides didn't particularly help in this regard as we saw the demise of Hibs , Celtic , Albert Rovers followed by the Cork City/ Foras/ Cork City again debacle & the fact that the Blues remain entombed in the First division means that derby games are unlikely for some time !
If Waterford and Cork were both doing well it would get a rivalry going alright.

As for Limerick banning fans LOL That's at least €300 a week thrown away.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 4:39pm
Its terrible if Pat O`Sullivan went into a pub and cursed and abused members of the clubs supporter group.
The way the club banned them was just sneaky. The leader of the group asked for an apology for what had happened in the pub. Limerick asked for names of people involved in the group, the lad sending the e mail must have thought this was to gather as much info as possible, then limerick reply by saying they are all banned.

The club is a shambles.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 5:14pm

The group got onto the club about looking for an apology, so the club looked for a list of names, they thought they were getting an apology but instead he banned the lot of them hahaha, now if we are all not part of the greatest league in the world.......what a time to be alive. 
If that is true that is both hilarious and disgraceful in one. In fact the sheer injustice of it is a total hoot.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:41pm
What's the story with away tickets? Is there really a limit of 250? If this is true is there any chance of it being increased for the Cork game?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

What's the story with away tickets? Is there really a limit of 250? If this is true is there any chance of it being increased for the Cork game?

I believe the away end holds 300.  There were other restrictions for Shamrock Rovers.  I'll enquire as to whether it can be extended beyond 300.  I'm sure the club would love to accomodate everyone who wants to see the game. 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I believe the away end holds 300.  There were other restrictions for Shamrock Rovers.  I'll enquire as to whether it can be extended beyond 300.  I'm sure the club would love to accomodate everyone who wants to see the game. 
Thanks. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 9:13pm

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Thanks. 

could they put the home fans in the away section and give us the rest of the ground??
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 9:14pm
Just watch it from the bus station
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 11:46am

No decision yet but the club are consulting with the gardai. 
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:14am
The second series of fixtures will be huge for the club. We have Drogheda, Bray and Galway all at home, teams that we must be picking up points against. The return to the Markets Field will hopefully provide a lift as well from the Drogheda game on.
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:18pm
Last game at Jackman tonight before the return to the Markets Field. It would be great to leave with a win over our Munster rivals Clap
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:02pm
I had to ring a bell to get into two pubs in Limerick today...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:13pm
Good news about the move, booked a hotel for bray game down there months ago purely based on markets field being back open, looking forward to going down
MarkDev View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 8:16pm
What pub was that? Mark Murphy's I'd say??
Limerick your a Lady!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 8:22pm
Will you bring more fans to market field? About 150 Limerick there
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 11:37pm
The apathy among Limerick sports fans is something else. Ok they`re bottom of the league and struggling but their gate at Jackman Pk against 2nd placed Cork was 600 punters.

It`s very depressing for players to play in front of such small crowds. Look at the Cork-Dundalk game with 7000 at Turners. Players respond to that and up their game, to the benefit of the punters looking on. I hope the Markets Field move grabs the attention of local sports fans, now that the rugby season is coming to a close and Limerick hurlers and footballers prepare for their early exit from the Munster championship.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
  Share Topic