You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Treaty FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:44pm
Definitely a tough result to take especially with the late goal ruled offside when it wasn't offside. Lack of bench options was killer with the team tiring in the second half. The young local talent in Fitzgerald, O'Sullivan and Brouder though is a positive and should ease the pain somewhat when relegation happens, couple of others in the academy will benefit from the first team football but the club will need to get creative in trying to keep some of the more experienced lads around when the club goes part time.
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Definitely a tough result to take especially with the late goal ruled offside when it wasn't offside. Lack of bench options was killer with the team tiring in the second half. The young local talent in Fitzgerald, O'Sullivan and Brouder though is a positive and should ease the pain somewhat when relegation happens, couple of others in the academy will benefit from the first team football but the club will need to get creative in trying to keep some of the more experienced lads around when the club goes part time.

Not down yet.  Still 6 points ahead of Bray.  We would have a decent chance of winning a playoff.    

Last night was tough to take. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Not down yet.  Still 6 points ahead of Bray.  We would have a decent chance of winning a playoff.    

Last night was tough to take. 

Imo I can't see Limerick beating the teams in the play offs, think it's gonna be 2015 all over again with Harps relegating Limerick and if budgets are being cut drastically for next season with part time football and going by this season last thing the club needs is an amateur team racking up huge defeats in premier next year.
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 8:27pm
Brilliant win last night. Duggan's goal Clap Gives us a fighting chance to avoid the play-off.
just hit the fecking thing
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 8:54pm

Sligo must be getting nervous. Good chance we could be ahead of them when we play in three weeks if we get a win against Bohs and they lose to Derry next week. 
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 11:17pm
Big game on the 18th alright 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 12:45am
Think whichever team finds themselves in 9th position after the 18th will finish the season there.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:53pm
Looks like the play-off after last night. Hopefully a good cup run will give us something to look forward to before then.

I'm presuming the first leg will be the Monday after the league fixtures end (29th of October) and the second leg the Friday (2nd of November) ? Just going off the way the fixtures were scheduled against Harps 3 years ago.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

Looks like the play-off after last night. Hopefully a good cup run will give us something to look forward to before then.

I'm presuming the first leg will be the Monday after the league fixtures end (29th of October) and the second leg the Friday (2nd of November) ? Just going off the way the fixtures were scheduled against Harps 3 years ago.

And it's gonna be Harps that will relegate Limerick again. Also going off last night's performance I wouldn't put it past Cabo beating Limerick in the cup, team just looks uninterested majority of the time and summed up best that in or around the 78th minute Tommy Barrett was sitting on the bench with his elbow resting on the dugout and hand under chin probably thinking why the f**k did I take this job.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 1:27pm

And it's gonna be Harps that will relegate Limerick again. Also going off last night's performance I wouldn't put it past Cabo beating Limerick in the cup, team just looks uninterested majority of the time and summed up best that in or around the 78th minute Tommy Barrett was sitting on the bench with his elbow resting on the dugout and hand under chin probably thinking why the f**k did I take this job.

Poor performance but I don't know what to think about the play-off. They have had some decent performances this year and I think we would be well capable of beating any of the first division teams over two legs but some of the performances this year have been shocking . Really could go anyway.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 3:03pm

Poor performance but I don't know what to think about the play-off. They have had some decent performances this year and I think we would be well capable of beating any of the first division teams over two legs but some of the performances this year have been shocking . Really could go anyway.

We all thought that too in 2015 when we had a better team and when we were possibly up there as one of the most inform teams in the last ten games of that season. 

I was hoping we'd draw one of UCD, Shels or Drogs away in the cup so we could get a feel what we were up against in the play offs (we don't need to play Harps to know they'll bully us into submission). Plus you've got the financial aspect, will they even get a premier licence given the problems and the fact two clubs had money issues and I dread to think what will happen to a part time team next season if we do stay up.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 6:49pm

We all thought that too in 2015 when we had a better team and when we were possibly up there as one of the most inform teams in the last ten games of that season. 

I was hoping we'd draw one of UCD, Shels or Drogs away in the cup so we could get a feel what we were up against in the play offs (we don't need to play Harps to know they'll bully us into submission). Plus you've got the financial aspect, will they even get a premier licence given the problems and the fact two clubs had money issues and I dread to think what will happen to a part time team next season if we do stay up.

2015 was a huge disappointment to be fair, that defeat in Ballybofey one of the toughest nights supporting the team. One of the possible teams we can get I would definitely want to avoid Harps, but lets see how it pans out. 

Biggest positive this season has been the emergence of Fitzgerald and O'Sullivan, two really exciting players on the ball. Both lads will have a big say in the outcome of the play-off. Our chance conversion rate will need to improve though, we have been very poor on that front all season and on Friday we left Sligo off the hook with some poor misses. Simply cannot afford to do that in the play-off.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 9:04pm
conversion rate? There’s your problem right there old lad, too much f**king rugby in your town, stamp it out son.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 9:17pm
The myth that Limerick is a rugby city is bullsh*t imo, most popular and most played sport is soccer it's just we love a good bandwagon so when Munster do well they sell out for the four or maybe five matches people care about. You win matches and people will show up, was shown in 2015 when the team went 21 games without a win and fans didn't turn, was just over 800 when we beat Bohs 4-3 but then the team went on a run and played great football and you were getting crowds of over 2k because they had a bandwagon to jump on. There was more fans showing up in the first Divison than this season and Why? Because fans were being entertained and they didn't care the opposition was sh*t as long as there was 4 or 5 goals scored.

Made some money that season backing Limerick -2 and -3.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

conversion rate? There’s your problem right there old lad, too much f**king rugby in your town, stamp it out son.

I'm a Ballynanty man so the north stand of Thomond Park would be like my back garden so you can excuse me that one. I'm a round ball man though
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 10:46pm

The myth that Limerick is a rugby city is bullsh*t imo, most popular and most played sport is soccer it's just we love a good bandwagon so when Munster do well they sell out for the four or maybe five matches people care about. You win matches and people will show up, was shown in 2015 when the team went 21 games without a win and fans didn't turn, was just over 800 when we beat Bohs 4-3 but then the team went on a run and played great football and you were getting crowds of over 2k because they had a bandwagon to jump on. There was more fans showing up in the first Divison than this season and Why? Because fans were being entertained and they didn't care the opposition was sh*t as long as there was 4 or 5 goals scored.

Made some money that season backing Limerick -2 and -3.

Sean Russell's goal that night was some hit.Clap
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 10:51pm
ah ok, hope it turns for your lot , great away trip, best stewards and Garda around you treat fans properly I’d love to see you stay up
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 11:34pm
No chance of catching Sligo or Bohs now.  It is highly unlikely Bray will get ten points from their remaining games although I'd still like  few more Bray defeats or a few more points just to be sure.

It is very difficult to tell how the playoffs will go.  We would be at home in the second leg too which is an advantage.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic