You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Treaty FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Treaty FC
    Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:54am
Another one bites the dust.

Trouble at Market Fields and Bruff

Edited by nvidic - 24 Feb 2021 at 7:40am
Sponsored Links

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:57am
what's happening? 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:57am
Care to share with the group?

Or is this based on a facebook post from someone not affiliated with the club?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:58am
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

what's happening? 
Some randomer posted on his facebuke that the club had folded. For no reason. Yesterday.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:01am
Apparently  nearly all the staff where laid off and the sugar daddy has pulled the money.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:03am
Yeah they should see season out but with Shane Duggan and all under 19s.
First Division looks likely

Edited by scottyccfc - 30 Jan 2015 at 10:04am
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:04am
And not a whisper of it from said staff or the media...

Amazing that there are still people who will pass this nonsense off as FACT!!

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:04am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

I know this is a waste of time, but your source?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:04am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

And not a whisper of it from said staff or the media...

Amazing that there are still people who will pass this nonsense off as FACT!!

Hooooooooooooold your horses.. "Trouble at Market Fields and Bruff" is what I said.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:05am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

I know this is a waste of time, but your source?

If you ask a stupid question you will get a stupid answer.
Nothing to do with a facebook post anyway

Edited by scottyccfc - 30 Jan 2015 at 10:06am
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:27am
RTID giving out to people about making posts without being able to back them up immediately. What next.

For what it's worth (very little) I've heard that there is a strong basis to this rumour with regards to layoffs etc. 

Edited by Nah Nah Nah Nah - 30 Jan 2015 at 10:31am
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:32am
JP McManus is their sugar Daddy is he not??
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:35am
Pat O'Sullivan
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:37am
I think there is trouble at every LOI club
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:45am
Thankfully not at City!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 11:33am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Thankfully not at City!
Yet Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 12:00am
 Follow

Limerick will issue a statement within 24 hours addressing recent speculation. Signing of Turner a good indication though.

Edited by Doyler1993 - 03 Feb 2015 at 12:01am
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:12am
http://www.limerickfc.ie/statement-from-chairman-pat-osullivan

Following ongoing speculation and rumours over the past weekend and enquiries from local and national media, as Chairman of Limerick FC, I would like to state the following:

The O’Sullivan Family and their company, the club’s main sponsor Galtee Fuels, over the past 12 months have made it clear that they can no longer continue to fund the club to the level that they have in the past number of seasons.

My first involvement began when Limerick Football Club called a public meeting on the 12th July 2009. This meeting was for the purpose of trying to raise funds to keep the club alive as the then owner of senior soccer had given written instructions that unless financial support from the people of Limerick was given then the club was to be closed down the following day. At this meeting I was the only person that stated that I was willing to give financial support to the club.

On the 14th July I put the club in funds to meet its immediate financial needs.

Promptly, I met with the club Committee, the senior team manager and the players and assured them that I would meet the liabilities of the club for the remainder of the season. When I took over senior soccer my commitment was to:

• 1. Bring the club to Premier status
  • 2. Return the club to its natural home, the Markets Field
  • 3. And also to put the club on a sustainable pathway through the development of underage structures, and to find a suitable base for the club to call its home

To ensure that soccer continued to be the largest played sport in the region, I applied for a licence to the FAI and was successful. My reason for saving Limerick soccer was driven by a number of factors including using sport to change the perception of Limerick at the time which had significant ongoing anti-social issues.

Limerick soccer has never had a pathway or structure from schoolboy to senior soccer to allow those who wish to play this sport to do so at the highest level with the best of coaching in parallel.

We started with Baby Blues at three years of age in 2010. We have now bridged the gap from schoolboys to our senior team. We now have an Under-19 team playing in the Elite League. We will have a national Under-17 team commencing in August. We have produced in excess of 20 young international players playing for Ireland. Over the past two weeks, seven Limerick youths played International soccer for Ireland.

The purpose of the investment in the underage structure was to provide a conveyor system of local players for our senior team, and we have achieved this.

We support ladies soccer; we would like to do much more here.

We fully fund and sustain special needs soccer teams.

Limerick senior soccer has never had a home of its own. We have now addressed this matter by the purchase of the FCJ convent in Bruff, along with extra lands which will become a regional Centre of Excellence for soccer when completed, for which we expect full planning permission during February 2015.

The club will also return to the Markets Field in March 2015 which had been one of my original ambitions.

With the reduction of the significant annual sponsorship that has been provided by Galtee Fuels and the O’Sullivan Family over the past six years, this requires that the club must now learn to live within its means. A position which should not be uncommon or a surprise to many individuals and companies that has observed what has happened in our country over the past number of years.

I am committed to ensuring the long-term sustainability of Limerick senior soccer which brings many social benefits to our community.

In conclusion I wish to thank all who have supported the club over the past years – commercially, voluntary and paid employees – and I look forward to your continued support to achieving the further development of Limerick soccer and its collaboration with other sports to assist in the process of healthy living particularly for our valued youth.

Yours in Sport,

Pat O’Sullivan,

Chairman, Limerick FC.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic