You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Treaty FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fireball07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:57pm
Decent performance against Cork today in the MSC. Not sure how much of a barometer it is for the league season, maybe it's given us fall hope, but there were some excellent individual performances. Paudie O'Connor looked hugely assured for a 17-year-old at centre-back. Duggan superb.
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 5:04pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 5:02pm
Such a poor away attendance for a Munster derby. Limericks start to the season wouldn't have done much for their potential support either. We would have brought a bigger crowd to Cork ffs
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Such a poor away attendance for a Munster derby. Limericks start to the season wouldn't have done much for their potential support either. We would have brought a bigger crowd to Cork ffs

better songs too
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 12:30am
It`s the 3rd biggest city in the Republic but as "Corkery`s" pic shows, their away support would fit in a 7-seater taxi. Maybe Limerick have been playing too long outside the LOI Premier? Their amateur clubs were always quite strong and have done well in the AUL Junior Cup over the years.

They`ve a good manager who knows how to scrap off buttons of a budget, as he did with UCD. They`ve also a few experienced heads like Shane Duggan, Ian Turner, Aidan Price and Vinny Faherty to guide the youngsters along. But here`s the rub: will a fickle Limerick soccer public come out to support a team whose biggest goal (realistically) is survival in the LOI Premier?

starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 9:43am
Terrible crowd alright, had the match kicked off by that stage? In fairness though I've seen a number of other teams in the league with similar away supports on a regular basis
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Terrible crowd alright, had the match kicked off by that stage? In fairness though I've seen a number of other teams in the league with similar away supports on a regular basis
Ya, the match was on. They started waving the flags when they were losing. The munster derby thing appeals to Limerick but not Cork. Cork have tried marketing Limerick and Waterford as a derby but it doesn't seem to work. You could get 4,000 against Pats and the next week be done to 3,000 because it's Limerick or Waterford. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Ya, the match was on. They started waving the flags when they were losing. The munster derby thing appeals to Limerick but not Cork. Cork have tried marketing Limerick and Waterford as a derby but it doesn't seem to work. You could get 4,000 against Pats and the next week be done to 3,000 because it's Limerick or Waterford. 

While fans will come out when there's a good team in town its a lot to do with the amount of times teams play each other too.
In order to market a derby it cant be happening every week.

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 9:42am

I don't think that photo was taken when the game was on.  There were a number of people in the away end who are not in the photo.  

We didn't have great support on friday night but it was quite a few more than in the photo.  I also know of away fans who were there in the home end. 
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 12:26pm
Come on, if there was 5 more in the away end that would have been doing well for ye, I was shocked with the low support, even Waterford used to bring more for the so called "Munster Derby".

I'm very easy going when it comes to teams from outside of Leinster and away followings, because I know how difficult it is to juggle trying to get half days even full days off to get up the country every second week. But Limerick is only an hour and a half away at most. Even if you finished work at 6 you'd still make KO.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 12:31pm
That photo looks accurate to me. Kept looking over when the game was on, expecting more to arrive. They never did
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 2:09pm
Really felt Limerick were on the cusp of something when they got promoted but can't help thinking now that they will return to  First Division obscurity for the forseable. Hopefully not though  
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 4:29pm

I'm in the photo on my own and I was sitting beside somebody for the first half.  I stood for the 2nd half and none of the people near me are in the photo.   A few missed the first goal but not many.  My guess is that it was taken as the teams came out. 

The away crowd was poor but not as bad as shown.  I counted 62 in the away end in the first half.     
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 4:31pm
The fact you counted them sums it up. Sixty f**king two. Limerick are f**ked. Very sad
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 4:38pm
I'm really sorry, but there was not 62 fans in the away section Friday night. The picture is an accurate representation of the amount of fans Limerick bought. Take this from someone who stands in the first section of the Shed End directly opposite the away section, and who can easily count the number of fans in said section. 
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

I'm really sorry, but there was not 62 fans in the away section Friday night. The picture is an accurate representation of the amount of fans Limerick bought. Take this from someone who stands in the first section of the Shed End directly opposite the away section, and who can easily count the number of fans in said section. 
Agreed, not a hope was there 62 must have been on the bucky on the way down seeing at least double.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 4:49pm
I was seeing double and 62 still surprised me

Edited by pre Madonna - 18 Mar 2015 at 4:49pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 2:39pm

When you have a stadium like they do, you'll never get fans.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic