You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When is the best time to purchase flights?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 3:15pm
Think he met him in Croydon once!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I recommend a transatlantic fishing trawler back to blighty, too, your only company an overweight trawlerman from Grimbsy named Nigel, who hasn't seen a shower or a woman since 1982.
Goodness never knew Baldie was from Grimbsy .............
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 6:08pm
Whats the best comparison site do people use?

I normally just go with ebooking.com or skyscanner

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 6:16pm
I just had a look on expedia, 3 weeks in Buenos Aires in April, 550
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 6:23pm
skyscanner is usually the best place to start
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 6:30pm
I should state I am flying from Barcelona
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I just had a look on expedia, 3 weeks in Buenos Aires in April, 550

Going for a pint with Javier?
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

skyscanner is usually the best place to start

When i searched the Munich to Warsaw flights on SS,the LOT flights didn't appear Confused it was only when i seen BIMs post about the flights he booked that i found them and got a super deal,still cant find a cheap flight out of Faro.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 3:36pm
Some airlines don't appear on skyscanner I think
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 4:27pm
Skyscanner Isn't the same since they stopped showing the non protected transfers
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Skyscanner Isn't the same since they stopped showing the non protected transfers

Agreed. It was very, very handy.

On the plus side, about 90% of those were through Stansted with Ryanair, so you can work around easily enough.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 5:39pm
Is there any other sites out there like SkyScanner that might show cheaper flights?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trigboy8 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Is there any other sites out there like SkyScanner that might show cheaper flights?
maybe check the ryanair site , alternatively you could try Irish ferries and go by road!

Edited by Trigboy8 - 09 Feb 2015 at 5:43pm
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 6:41pm
http://www.momondo.co.uk/

Never used it but looks pretty good
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 7:59pm
Go4less are generally alright pricewise, got flights to America in the summer with Delta for €436.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Used it before to book from Munich  to Amsterdam,not a bad site,Just checked it for the return flight  from Faro,its 18  cheaper than Ryanair but has a 7 hour overnight layover in Stockholm.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Used it before to book from Munich  to Amsterdam,not a bad site,Just checked it for the return flight  from Faro,its 18  cheaper than Ryanair but has a 7 hour overnight layover in Stockholm.
Excellent site. Used it a couple of times the last few weeks and booked flight from Poland last night on it. I think its better that skyscanner and it always seems to be cheaper than it too. Just to make a point , when you are booking through these sites , always check the airlines own site for comparison. Some of the agents through momondo were looking for 14 euro extra to book using debit card. The airliners website wasn't   
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

2 great ones that don't exist any more were flylowcostairlines.org , this one used list every airline & route out of any given airport, I'm not even sure you could book flights on it, it just used to give you a link to the relevant airlines website (which come to think of it, may be a reason for its demise) , but was excellent for coming up with a few of the more obscure airlines & seasonal routes that skyscanner missed. 

Another one was airninja, think this still exists as a comparison site, similar to the one above, but not as well laid out as a website. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic