You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pulled Pork 'craze'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 12:18pm
Got myself a slow cooker the other day, will be giving pulled pork a go once I get the hang of the timings.

Real hipsters pull their own pork
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 12:42pm
getting hungry reading this.

granted everyone is hopping on the bandwagon these days and portions are bit scabby in pitt brothers but when done properly its delish. bodeans in london do some serious bbq.

will give the home made version a try at the weekend.
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

new balance are hipster? Ffs day ruined.

Only if combined with the other factors LOL

My last 2 pairs of trainers have been new balance and i am no hipster. If i was i'd kick my own ass.
Bohs Till I Die
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 12:47pm
there was a class recipe for this on boards.ie a few months back.I will see can I find it.

It involved marinating the pork for a day and then the following day putting it in a slow cooker for around 8 hours.There was wasn't much prep work involved just that it took a few days to go from start to finish.I think the marinate took around 20 mins prep and then the sauce for the slow cooker took around 30 mins to prepare .

Edited by rossieman - 21 Jan 2015 at 12:55pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 1:06pm
Apple in your slaw with the pork๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 1:17pm
I had a pulled pork wrap last week. It was decent.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 1:56pm
Another way:

Pork Shoulder, rubbed with a tablespoon of salt, a little paprika and a tablespoon of dark muscovado sugar.

1 hour at 220 C (no foil on top)
take out, cool the oven, then cook again for 8 hours at 125 C (covered in foil)
finally, cook for 10 minutes at 220 C, to crisp the top (no foil)

Let it sit for 30 minutes covered in foil to cool then pull it to pieces while still in the tray (forks and fingers should suffice). Add another tablespoon of muscovado sugar, tablespoon of salt and a little paprika (same as before) and mix it all together with the meat juices in the tray.

Let the whole lot sit overnight, although, if possible, try not to refridgerate, as this might well dry it out. Don't worry about bugs, it's only going to be out for one night *and* it is well salted and sugared so you shouldn't have to worry that much.

Then warm it up by putting it back in the oven at 125 for twenty minutes (only as much as you want to use at a time though) and serve with a white bap and bit o' slaw of your own choice.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 3:29pm
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in downtown Syracuse, pulled pork sandwich $9.50, full rack of ribs $25.95, Franziskaner on tap, heaven.
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:17pm
2010 rang , it wants its dish back.....
Good grub when done right, but its old hat at this stage
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:34pm
Maybe only made its way to tallaght now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic