Ireland v England 1995

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 11:21pm
Went to the game straight after school with a friend and his grandad. Both of them were up right beside the Tans while I was down with a few others in the school boy terrace South stand. You could feel it in the air that something was gonna happen. The english didn't stop singing no surrender etc. when it all kicked off there was a surge of our lads to the gate to have a go at the english. Met me friend and his grandad after and they said it was mental up there beside the English support. His grandad (ex boxer) gave one of them a dig straight to kidneys and yer man went down then they legged it as it was getting out of control. A match and atmosphere I will never forget in lansdowne road.
Chips don't bounce
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Remember the game well, we were in Paddy Cullens before the game, great atmosphere, don't recall any English fans in the pub, and we were seated in the East Lower down near the Havelock Sq end, went straight back to the Cullens after the match was abandoned and got hammered.

Avoided town like the plague.

Was the east lower not all terraced, I was only 11 but remember not being able to see the game properly because of it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:33pm
You need a few more points to have PM rights.

Lads, hit thanks on Shane's posts to free him up.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

shanejcos View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote shanejcos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:30pm
Great stuff guys, much appreciated.

I'm not sure if you can PM on this but I would like to get in touch with a few of you guys after a week or two to let others contribute. 

Thanks again and look forward to other contributions.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:10pm
Was on the north terrace.
No trouble my way but learned later there was a crush as people made their way for the exit and how it was lucky no one was seriously injured or worse
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:51pm
I was at the game as a 12 year old in the south terrace near the trouble.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:12pm
Remember the game well, we were in Paddy Cullens before the game, great atmosphere, don't recall any English fans in the pub, and we were seated in the East Lower down near the Havelock Sq end, went straight back to the Cullens after the match was abandoned and got hammered.

Avoided town like the plague.
I know nothing :-)
shanejcos View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote shanejcos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 7:21pm
Hi All,

I am a student journalist about to write a piece on the Ireland v England match in 1995 as it's the 20th anniversary and we are about to have a rematch in the summer.

Guys, it would be great to have some feedback on the angle you believe I should take on this:
- Political
- Sporting
- Social
- Other or a mix of the above

I would also love the opportunity to have an interview with anybody who was at the original game, the pints would be on me of course Smile

Many Thanks in advance,
Shane
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic