You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamists attack Paris building killing 11.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 12:29pm
No words to describe scum like that. Can't believe they escaped as well! Isn't collecting their 99 virgins or whatever not normally part of the plan??
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 12:28pm
Terrible alright RIP.

To answer your question, I don't think we will see any attack here similar to what has taken place in Madrid, London, New York, Paris etc Not that there might not be an isolated single incident but nothing on the scale of the aforementioned.
Of course the extremism of Al Nusra/ISIS/ISIL and other groups is hard for us from our perspective to comprehend, but as much as we want to pigeon hole ALL of them as madmen (and alot of them are LOL) without ANY political objective, then we fail to understand that there is a context and as much as it seems simply blind terror there is also a "reasoning" (from their twisted "logic") to their actions. That doesn't mean we lend even a shred of credibility to their views or actions but I think it does require us to be a bit less Sky News about it. 
I wonder how many people here actually talk to Muslims of any sect beyond street talk? It's like people who have a blanket prejudice towards ALL Travellers but don't know a single one.

I have several friends from both Palestine and Lebanon. All but one are Sunni and each of them, whilst having what might seem to most people here fairly strident views about whats happening in the Middle East, are at the same time always at pains to point out how they don't see any reason why Ireland should perceive itself as any sort of either threat or target for extremist groups.
The one thing we certainly do not wanting to be doing is participating in any way on interventionist military missions in these countries, nor facilitate rendition flights to Guantanamo etc. 
Instead we should take a non-aligned Independent stance in the World and speak out against human right abuses from wherever they come and continue to participate in UN sanctioned peace-keeping operations. Let the French, Brits and the rest flex their muscles if they like, thats not our way.
Being a non-colonising, non-interfering state has it's rewards at times such as these. 

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 12:09pm
Another crowd of looney islamists justifying mass murder in the name of Allah because of a few f**king cartoons. How long before we see an attack in Ireland?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
  Share Topic