You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 11:49am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

So I have 4 teams backed for the mayo quarter finals. 2 done, one game to go today, but one was postponed due to a bereavement. What happens with me bet?

Bet stays in play until the final game is played. It's not like the game is cancelled indefinitely due to the bereavement so as a result the bet will stay in play. Just wait a week or so until the last game is played.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 12:14pm
Sound thanks Richie
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 12:16pm
With soccer anyway if the game isn't played within two days it's void so yours would become a treble
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 1:05pm
as Vidic says check the rules it may become void so it you will have a treble.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 6:57pm
I can cash out now anyways might do that so I have a few notes for NFL later
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 10:46pm
Well check and see. If the cash out is lower than the treble would be (which is pretty likely knowing bookies), and it is going to be voided, don't accept the cash out.

I fear this may be too late, of course.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 7:56am
That bet will become a treble if it's not played within 24 hours.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 9:39pm
Had arsenal -1.5, -2 on the asian handicap earlier, so half a win, half a refund. The frauds settled the bets as a loser so I pointed this out to them at 6pm, they said it was settled incorrectly and would be fixed soon. 9.30pm and still not fixed so said it to them again, said the settlement team were working on it, how hard can it be?

Four and a half hours+ to be paid out on a premier league betAngry
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 9:57pm
Bet on Walters to score stoke to win 1-0 for the craic at 66-1. He didn't start and they were 2-0 up before he came on. Thought grand my bet would be refunded as he wasn't on the pitch to make the bet possible. Logged in and it had Walters to score VOID - Stoke to win 1-0 LOSE. I find that to be an absolute joke as it wasn't 2 separate bets made in the beginning 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 10:39pm
Would have thought the same
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 10:59pm
If they had won 1-0 and he hadn't played you would have won the 1-0 win part of the bet. It's fair enough really. Similar concept to a NR in one leg of a double.

They didn't win 1-0 and he played and didn't score. What is the complaint in fairness!!

Edited by eire77 - 05 Dec 2015 at 11:08pm
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 11:10pm
Because the bet couldn't have won, theyve always treated that bet as one bet, always have had them
Voide

him playing affects what the score is also, had he played chances are good score would have been diff
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 11:25pm
It's clearly stated in the rules. Type in "scorecast" into help center and it's there in black and white. Why make a presumption that you know how a bet type works and then get annoyed when your presumption is wrong?

You may not agree with the rule but it is the rule nonetheless and it would be prudent to make yourself with familiar with the bet type you are placing before placing the bet.

Edited by the_walls - 05 Dec 2015 at 11:27pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 11:40pm
Has it always been like that? Ive often had them voided

Whats the story with my bet not being paid out six hours later? Was hoping for you on the chat!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Has it always been like that? Ive often had them voided

Whats the story with my bet not being paid out six hours later? Was hoping for you on the chat!

I dont know to be honest. Maybe it was gone as a goodwill gesture.

Im not on chats anymore thank god. It is a crazy length of time to be fair but all the guys on the chat can do is send it on to the settlers. Nothing more they can do other than apologise. 

Edited by the_walls - 05 Dec 2015 at 11:46pm
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 11:47pm

Because the bet couldn't have won, theyve always treated that bet as one bet, always have had them
Voide

him playing affects what the score is also, had he played chances are good score would have been diff

Of course it could have won. If he scored and they won 1-0.

Or if he didn't play and they won 1-0 it would still be a winning bet.

This is an example of the punter not knowing how a bet is structured more than a bookie getting one over in the punter.

The lad backed a 66/1 shot and didn't even get the result part right never mind the scorer. Yet the bookie is at fault

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 12:02am
Very rarely have done that type of bet, but always presumed it was a total non runner of the player didn't play. So the bet actually would just go onto the correct score as a single then? Seems odd to me.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 12:35am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Voide

Of course it could have won. If he scored and they won 1-0.

Or if he didn't play and they won 1-0 it would still be a winning bet.

This is an example of the punter not knowing how a bet is structured more than a bookie getting one over in the punter.

The lad backed a 66/1 shot and didn't even get the result part right never mind the scorer. Yet the bookie is at fault

Actually before you get off your high horse there chief i though i'd let you know i'm not a big gambler, hadn't got much on it and only did it on the back of a mate doing it plus the habit of Walters scoring recently against the big teams in the bigger games. I wasn't complaining about the score or anything of that sort, i was complaining about how the bet got transferred from 1 initial bet to another.

Just assumed, and obviously wrongly, that when it's offered as 1 combined bet, that when you bet on it and a part of the bet can't happen because the players on the bench but the team score that it's just voided. You are backing Walters to score and Stoke to win 1-0. He's not on the pitch therefore he cannot score nor can he affect the game. The bookies have essentially just taken the original money you put on and put it on a different bet at different odds to which i never picked. If i wanted to back 1-0 then i'd have backed just 1-0. If they'd won 1-0 with Walters on the pitch and he didn't score the bookies would have paid out but when someone else scores and he's not playing they shouldn't just be able to transfer the bet to something which is a lot shorter in odds, which is essentially what they've done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>
  Share Topic