You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 7:13am
Anyone know why on PP when you withdraw money sometimes it says your money will be with you in 2 hours while at other times it says 2-5 days 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Anyone know why on PP when you withdraw money sometimes it says your money will be with you in 2 hours while at other times it says 2-5 days 
All depends how much it is & what card it’s going to 

Withdrew €1400 earlier in the year and it took 6 days, whereas a €100 withdrawal is instantaneous 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 8:02am
No idea how social distancing is going to work in a bookies. It’s one place where people get in very close to each other reading the form and not sure how the clientele will appreciate having to stand in a queue as that rarely happens in the bookies.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 16 Jun 2020 at 8:03am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

No idea how social distancing is going to work in a bookies. It’s one place where people get in very close to each other reading the form and not sure how the clientele will appreciate having to stand in a queue as that rarely happens in the bookies.
Would have thought they're one of the industries best suited to close up physical shops. A main street Paddy Power shop is basically a advert these days surely?
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Would have thought they're one of the industries best suited to close up physical shops. A main street Paddy Power shop is basically a advert these days surely?
No not yet there’s still a certain age group of men who would make up most of their business mid-week say who wouldn’t have any online accounts and even at the weekends lads running from pubs into the bookies next door is still quite popular.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 16 Jun 2020 at 12:31pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:47pm
Pp and ladbrokes not opening for another while.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Paddy Powers are opening up 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:53pm

Paddy Power has opened up some shops in Dublin yesterday, and will be opening up more through the week and weekend
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:56pm

I go to the bookies to do a fiver bet for Soccer Saturday. I don't like the idea of being able to bet on a phone when I'm bored or drunk. It can also cause problems if you want a loan. The bookies are always packed anyway.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Paddy Power has opened up some shops in Dublin yesterday, and will be opening up more through the week and weekend

They've been told to close according to Johnny Ward on twitter
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I go to the bookies to do a fiver bet for Soccer Saturday. I don't like the idea of being able to bet on a phone when I'm bored or drunk. It can also cause problems if you want a loan. The bookies are always packed anyway.

I think that's a bit of an urban myth tbh, if you're only a small time punter who likes a couple of casual bets every week and the deposits aren't anything mind blowing you'd be fine.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:23pm
Hate going to the bookies. Much prefer betting on my phone. Can’t see physical shops remaining for much longer anyway.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Hate going to the bookies. Much prefer betting on my phone. Can’t see physical shops remaining for much longer anyway.

People go physically for the craic

I live next door to a William Hills and I miss having me morning smoke while hitting up some outrageous 100,000/1 acca, most matches pure guessing,  and I come in next morning fuming cos 1 team let me down
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I think that's a bit of an urban myth tbh, if you're only a small time punter who likes a couple of casual bets every week and the deposits aren't anything mind blowing you'd be fine.

This is true from any experiences i've had.

A lad in work had his finances so in check when applying for a mortgage that the advice from the underwriter was to live a little. Because they don't expect you to live like a monk for your life.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I live next door to a William Hills and I miss having me morning smoke while hitting up some outrageous 100,000/1 acca, most matches pure guessing,  and I come in next morning fuming cos 1 team let me down
You can put a bet on your phone and still have a cigarette. What am I missing here?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 2:49pm

You can put a bet on your phone and still have a cigarette. What am I missing here?

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 3:15pm

Can you talk to other people face to face when you're betting in the house?

Stupid question if you live with someone.. But put it this way, what's the difference between drinking in the house and going to the pub?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 3:21pm
I do like watching a horse race in the bookies I must say, but wouldn’t miss them if they’re gone 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic