You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I bet with BET365 and have a visa debit and it still takes 2 days

Just started today that the withdrawl is now pretty much instant

On another note, did over 10 corners in the Spurs game last night with my £25 free bet
there were 9 corners in the first half,
10 by the 65th minute onwards
Finished on 10 Angry

When 365 were offering £25 or £50 (not sure which it was) free in play bet in last season's champions league, my brother backed for there to be no penalty inside the first minute at 1/1000 LOL (just to qualify for the free in play bet) Good old Sissoko Clap

LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 1:12pm
They only give me a fiver for the free inplay bets now. Cry

Remember about 2 or 3 years ago, there was a risk free €50 bet. If you put the right bet on, you'll be guaranteed a profit. €50 on BTTS first half, then as soon as the game starts €50 BTTS no for first half. Think you'd end up about €150 with yes or €5 up with no.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 11:00pm
there was a match in Argentina tonight, Huracan against San Lorenzo
In the 90th minute (score was 2-0 to Huracan)I noticed the odds on bet365 on huracan scoring the next goal was 6/4 and San Lorenzo getting it was 7/4
There were 5 mins of added time 
The odds on no third goal was 2/1

Hard to believe, couldn’t work out what the catch was 
Could have been a mistake by them 

Anyway, finished 2-0 and I was left disappointed that I didn’t put more on it! 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 8:58am
That sounds like a price error to me. If it's a decent amount of money I'd be withdrawing it right now. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:09am
Just got a message on my account this morning to say it was an error and the price should have been 1/20 and not 2/1

they've taken the money back off me

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:24am
That's bollox.

Had you lost, do you reckon they would have contacted you to give you your stake back?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

That's bollox.

Had you lost, do you reckon they would have contacted you to give you your stake back?
Probably not because a 2/1 loser and a 1/20 loser are the exact same thing.

As You Were
Three in a row
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 10:38am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

That's bollox.

Yes, but you would be more likely to back it at 2/1. I don't believe he would have placed a bet at all had it been 1/20.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 11:00am

That's bollox.

Bookmaker in having rules that benefit the bookmaker shocker! 

That's the nature of the beast, if people think the rules are bollocks then they should stay away from gambling altogether.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 11:21am

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

That's bollox.

Yes, but you would be more likely to back it at 2/1. I don't believe he would have placed a bet at all had it been 1/20.

To be fair too, most people who see a blatant price error like this know that the market is massively over priced and are trying to pull a fast one. There is nothing wrong with that but in my view you can't cry foul if it then goes against you when it will be inevitably corrected, as provided for in the rules. 

It's interesting though because with these fast withdrawals now, bookies are potentially going to take a hit when customers win on these errors and manage to withdraw the funds straight away. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 11:30am
If you are having bets on the number of corners in a game, I would advise deleting your online accounts 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 11:32am
Yeah but if they do manage to withdraw their funds straight away, their account balance will then be a negative number whenever the bookmaker corrects the mistake and they go to use their account again. So effectively they will have to withdraw their money and then never use their account again.

Has happened me before, not for big amounts or anything.
I've done a bet on both teams to score, or over a certain number of goals in a match, get a notification that a goal has gone in, go and hit cash out (the bet is up but it just hasn't updated onto my balance yet) then minutes later after a VAR review the goal is disallowed so they take the money back off you, or if you've already withdrawn it your balance is now a minus number

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Oct 2019 at 11:32am
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 12:29pm
Why?  can make the worst game interesting to watch
Why no wine??!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 1:25pm

Yeah but if they do manage to withdraw their funds straight away, their account balance will then be a negative number whenever the bookmaker corrects the mistake and they go to use their account again. So effectively they will have to withdraw their money and then never use their account again.

Has happened me before, not for big amounts or anything.
I've done a bet on both teams to score, or over a certain number of goals in a match, get a notification that a goal has gone in, go and hit cash out (the bet is up but it just hasn't updated onto my balance yet) then minutes later after a VAR review the goal is disallowed so they take the money back off you, or if you've already withdrawn it your balance is now a minus number

Yes it will be absolutely a minus balance but if it's a proper amount of money so what, there is loads of bookies out there. If I earned a lot of money off a blatant price error it wouldn't bother me that I couldn't use that account again unless I paid the money back. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Then don't watch the match, your man who lost a couple of million and wrote the book about it said the first time he should've known he had a gambling problem was when he was having a bet 'to have an interest in the match'. 
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Then don't watch the match, your man who lost a couple of million and wrote the book about it said the first time he should've known he had a gambling problem was when he was having a bet 'to have an interest in the match'. 

Oh well if the gambling addict says so.........

I have the odd football bet , I backed corners in the CL final this year between Liverpool and spurs , as a neutral watching on it made it more interesting , the match was also sh*te , but would you turn off a European cup final cause i wouldn't?
Why no wine??!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 5:54pm
I love a corners bet. BTTS is another one I tend to go for.

As You Were
Three in a row
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 6:12pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Oh well if the gambling addict says so.........

I have the odd football bet , I backed corners in the CL final this year between Liverpool and spurs , as a neutral watching on it made it more interesting , the match was also sh*te , but would you turn off a European cup final cause i wouldn't?

Mistook you, but different doing it now and then than every weekend or not being able to watch a match without a bet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic