You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

On the same subject, I noticed early last month that Coral had Brazil at 15/8 to beat Paraguay at home. I never put big money on so I added it in an accumulator with 9 or 10 'certs' in the qualifiers - the likes of Spain Iceland, Austria Moldova. I put down €20 with a return of €1,000. I kept an eye on the Brazil odds and a week or so before the game, it changed to 4/6. A few days before the Brazil game I got an email from Coral saying that they had changed the odds on the Brazil part of my accumulator to 2/9. They quoted some part of the terms and conditions that I signed up to when joining that says where the odds are clearly wrong, they reserve the right to change them. It must be the only business where you can't be penalised for a cock-up...I was ready to fight once all games came in but then fcking Belguim drew at home to Greece...Angry

All Bookies are the same - They'll cover themselves with the small print.
Had a similar situation a few years ago with Paddy Power who actually sent a word experience person (or somebody similar) to search the web to find something that got them out of paying me for a bet.

Mental though. If you go into a shop, they have to sell to you at the price marked on the shelf regardless of what comes up at the till if they've fogotten to update the system. Would be an interesting case for someone if a lot of money was involved. I wonder if they'd just pay up if you threaten to publicise it.

That's just not true

You're right...Embarrassed

If a shop incorrectly labels something with the wrong price, and it is lower than the price charged at the till, you do not have an automatic right to buy the goods at the marked price. As long as the seller tells you before your money is taken that the higher price applies, you can decide not to buy it.

For bets though, I would have thought they'd have to stick with the odds given - a contract once you bet but clearly not..

I don't argue the point all the same. Bookies are absolute gangsters and its an area that should be regulated much tighter or dealt with by legislation i.e, a bet should be like a contract, enforceable by law. 

True.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:44pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:46pm
Was just about to say that, I heard years ago that there is no contract with a bet and that the bookies don't have to pay you a penny of any bet
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:09pm
Madness...Wacko
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was just about to say that, I heard years ago that there is no contract with a bet and that the bookies don't have to pay you a penny of any bet

Always the case,can tell you to get f**ked but they obviously aren't going to last long doing that.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:15pm
The bet I had with PP was a novelty one - When Letterman announced he was leaving The Late Show, they opened a market on who the new host would be. Wouldn't normally be my type of bet to be honest, but then I saw rumblings on Twitter that Stephen Colbert was getting the job. Knew PP had a market open and saw the price was 5/1 or something like that so I backed it. An hour later and still no official announcement from CBS, but obviously people started to hear the same rumblings and had backed him also as PP had cut the price and he was 7/4 or something similar. So, I had a second bet. I did check the CBS website and Twitter accounts and no official announcement.
Anyways, he was duly announced as the host later that day but PP didn't pay out and voided the bet. The pulled up a rule saying they had the right to do that if the outcome of a market was known and they had made a mistake in not closing the market. I challenged them on the result being known and a day later they came back with a story posted online about this which was time stamped a few mins before my first bet. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:23pm
Whatever about their rules their staff are even worse, not the ones in the shop, the other ones. Horrendous people altogether
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Whatever about their rules their staff are even worse, not the ones in the shop, the other ones. Horrendous people altogether

LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:48pm
PP aren't really helping themselves by continuing to ignore it and try go about their Social media nonsense as usual. It's just raising public awareness of what happened.

Today they tweeted "How are you all doing this Friday"
And about 30 people responded with "Probably better than the guy you refused to pay out to" LOL

Edited by coyne - 21 Apr 2017 at 3:48pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 6:07pm

On the same subject, I noticed early last month that Coral had Brazil at 15/8 to beat Paraguay at home. I never put big money on so I added it in an accumulator with 9 or 10 'certs' in the qualifiers - the likes of Spain Iceland, Austria Moldova. I put down €20 with a return of €1,000. I kept an eye on the Brazil odds and a week or so before the game, it changed to 4/6. A few days before the Brazil game I got an email from Coral saying that they had changed the odds on the Brazil part of my accumulator to 2/9. They quoted some part of the terms and conditions that I signed up to when joining that says where the odds are clearly wrong, they reserve the right to change them. It must be the only business where you can't be penalised for a cock-up...I was ready to fight once all games came in but then fcking Belguim drew at home to Greece...Angry

Had a similar situation a few years ago with Paddy Power who actually sent a word experience person (or somebody similar) to search the web to find something that got them out of paying me for a bet.

Mental though. If you go into a shop, they have to sell to you at the price marked on the shelf regardless of what comes up at the till if they've fogotten to update the system. Would be an interesting case for someone if a lot of money was involved. I wonder if they'd just pay up if you threaten to publicise it.

That's just not true

If a shop incorrectly labels something with the wrong price, and it is lower than the price charged at the till, you do not have an automatic right to buy the goods at the marked price. As long as the seller tells you before your money is taken that the higher price applies, you can decide not to buy it.

For bets though, I would have thought they'd have to stick with the odds given - a contract once you bet but clearly not..

It falls under the heading of unilateral mistake. If, say Real Madrid are playing Ballinamallard's U17s and Madrid are listed as 3/1, It will be assumed that you either know or ought to know that this is a mistake made by the bookies then they have the right to pay you out at the odds they should have applied, that being something like 1/100. This is the rule that applies in all businesses so its not just bookies that get away with cock-ups - if a car dealership advertises a Nissan Micra for 30 cent by accident they can get that set aside.
Of course, that'd be contingent on them agreeing that there's a contract there. They could just decide not to honour the bet at all and say there's no contract there, and they'd win. But on the other hand that's very bad for business

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 21 Apr 2017 at 6:10pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

That's just not true

It falls under the heading of unilateral mistake. If, say Real Madrid are playing Ballinamallard's U17s and Madrid are listed as 3/1, It will be assumed that you either know or ought to know that this is a mistake made by the bookies then they have the right to pay you out at the odds they should have applied, that being something like 1/100. This is the rule that applies in all businesses so its not just bookies that get away with cock-ups - if a car dealership advertises a Nissan Micra for 30 cent by accident they can get that set aside.
Of course, that'd be contingent on them agreeing that there's a contract there. They could just decide not to honour the bet at all and say there's no contract there, and they'd win. But on the other hand that's very bad for business

Once money changes hands there's a contract no? If the Micra was advertised for 3k and some part timer sold it for that and the customer had a receipt there'd be no way back for the garage?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:33pm
That would be covered by te sale of goods and supply of servivces act , gambling is not.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:46pm
A gambling contract should be no different of course. They're making enough to swallow their mistakes.

Edited by Hickster74 - 22 Apr 2017 at 1:36am
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 9:59am
I got 3 numbers and 4 numbers up in the lotto 375/1 and 3800/1 a few weeks back. Account was suspended until I provided proof of ID and address even though they had this on file. Once they got what they needed, I won on a €10 bet at 6/1 and they restricted my account. Joke of a bookmaker, as if I had inside knowledge of the lotto results LOL never won more than a few hundred on horses/football so absolute no need to restrict the amount I could bet
GWAN YBIG
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 7:42pm
Remember that Paddy Power were the one accepting bets on the next Liverpool player to be burgled when the Reds were suffering a spate of robberies.

Paddy Power also offered odds on Obama being assassinated before the end of his presidency.  Utter scumbags.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 7:45pm
Don't think that Obama one is true? Any link?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Don't think that Obama one is true? Any link?

I dont think they specifically said assassination,It was more that he wouldnt finish his first term and I think it may have added in some nonsense in the adds about "for any reason".
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 2:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
  Share Topic