You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:44pm
I tend to use Boylesports
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:51pm
Did they take his 4k bet on Barcelona or did they return that? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He had a second account with them though,which their rules don't allow, although it is coincidental that they only had a problem when he had a 7k bet on.
He also had 4k on Barcelona.

They're also trying to say he had a deposit limit on... But they accepted the 7k and as you say they coincidentally cancelled it as soon as Monaco led by 2.

Feel like they should pay out is what my instincts are telling me, they accepted the bet in the end.

For their own sake they should pay out as they will lose more than 21k due to the publicity. They are the worst company of all to bet with though.

Exactly. I dunno why people bet with them, they're brutal in plenty of respects

Rarely use them either .Power of marketing has them so popular,I'd say most casual punters use PP without even bothering to look at alternatives .
Who would be the best to bet with online?

Depends what you are betting on.365/BV are usually best for football.Skybet usually have good offers/prices on football.

I use oddschecker and then pick whoever has best price.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Rarely use PP myself these days. I use BET365 90% of the time.

I used PP during Cheltenham as they've better odds and each way terms on horses than BET365. BET365 generally has better odds on football and they've much better cash out options. The vast majority of my gambling is on football. Apart from Cheltneham I'd rarely bet horses, I'd occasionally bet on darts, snooker and tennis. 

got to disagree there. bet365 were offering 1/4 odds on a lot of races whereas PP were 1/5 odds on everything. and I found that bet365 were consistently giving better odds. having said that, I'd to use a VPN in order to bet due to French laws and it wouldn't work for bet365 so did all my bets on PP!

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Did they take his 4k bet on Barcelona or did they return that? 

Returned it
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:39pm
Heard a story recently of a friend of a friend who won a bet for a couple of thousand from PP. They refused to pay him out and cancelled his account as they pointed out that he was 15 when he set the account up a few years ago and therefore underage
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Heard a story recently of a friend of a friend who won a bet for a couple of thousand from PP. They refused to pay him out and cancelled his account as they pointed out that he was 15 when he set the account up a few years ago and therefore underage

And he would have also gotten back all his losses if that is the case.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:55pm
On the same subject, I noticed early last month that Coral had Brazil at 15/8 to beat Paraguay at home. I never put big money on so I added it in an accumulator with 9 or 10 'certs' in the qualifiers - the likes of Spain Iceland, Austria Moldova. I put down €20 with a return of €1,000. I kept an eye on the Brazil odds and a week or so before the game, it changed to 4/6. A few days before the Brazil game I got an email from Coral saying that they had changed the odds on the Brazil part of my accumulator to 2/9. They quoted some part of the terms and conditions that I signed up to when joining that says where the odds are clearly wrong, they reserve the right to change them. It must be the only business where you can't be penalised for a cock-up...I was ready to fight once all games came in but then fcking Belguim drew at home to Greece...Angry
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

On the same subject, I noticed early last month that Coral had Brazil at 15/8 to beat Paraguay at home. I never put big money on so I added it in an accumulator with 9 or 10 'certs' in the qualifiers - the likes of Spain Iceland, Austria Moldova. I put down €20 with a return of €1,000. I kept an eye on the Brazil odds and a week or so before the game, it changed to 4/6. A few days before the Brazil game I got an email from Coral saying that they had changed the odds on the Brazil part of my accumulator to 2/9. They quoted some part of the terms and conditions that I signed up to when joining that says where the odds are clearly wrong, they reserve the right to change them. It must be the only business where you can't be penalised for a cock-up...I was ready to fight once all games came in but then fcking Belguim drew at home to Greece...Angry

All Bookies are the same - They'll cover themselves with the small print.
Had a similar situation a few years ago with Paddy Power who actually sent a word experience person (or somebody similar) to search the web to find something that got them out of paying me for a bet.

Edited by Borussia - 21 Apr 2017 at 2:00pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Had a similar situation a few years ago with Paddy Power who actually sent a word experience person (or somebody similar) to search the web to find something that got them out of paying me for a bet.

Mental though. If you go into a shop, they have to sell to you at the price marked on the shelf regardless of what comes up at the till if they've fogotten to update the system. Would be an interesting case for someone if a lot of money was involved. I wonder if they'd just pay up if you threaten to publicise it.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:16pm

Mental though. If you go into a shop, they have to sell to you at the price marked on the shelf regardless of what comes up at the till if they've fogotten to update the system. Would be an interesting case for someone if a lot of money was involved. I wonder if they'd just pay up if you threaten to publicise it.

That's just not true
@AntrimMan85
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

That's just not true

At all LOL

Go into a shop and they have marked a top of the range telly for €10 in error, do you think you are going to get the telly for €10? Do you think any court in the land would agree with you that they are compelled to sell you the telly for €10?

As regards your bet and you potentially fighting it if the bet came in, it would be a complete and utter waste of your time.

Edited by the_walls - 21 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm

That's just not true

You're right...Embarrassed

If a shop incorrectly labels something with the wrong price, and it is lower than the price charged at the till, you do not have an automatic right to buy the goods at the marked price. As long as the seller tells you before your money is taken that the higher price applies, you can decide not to buy it.

For bets though, I would have thought they'd have to stick with the odds given - a contract once you bet but clearly not..
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:29pm

That's just not true

If a shop incorrectly labels something with the wrong price, and it is lower than the price charged at the till, you do not have an automatic right to buy the goods at the marked price. As long as the seller tells you before your money is taken that the higher price applies, you can decide not to buy it.

For bets though, I would have thought they'd have to stick with the odds given - a contract once you bet but clearly not..

It's not that long since the law meant that didn't legally have to pay you out on any bet, well certainly in the UK.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:31pm

That's just not true

I don't argue the point all the same. Bookies are absolute gangsters and its an area that should be regulated much tighter or dealt with by legislation i.e, a bet should be like a contract, enforceable by law. 
@AntrimMan85
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:31pm

That's just not true

So hang on, you acknowledge that a normal retailer can fix an obvious price error but not a bookmaker?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:34pm

That's just not true

I don't argue the point all the same. Bookies are absolute gangsters and its an area that should be regulated much tighter or dealt with by legislation i.e, a bet should be like a contract, enforceable by law. 

I agree
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:36pm

That's just not true

It's not that long since the law meant that didn't legally have to pay you out on any bet, well certainly in the UK.

The house always wins..

So technically it seems there's nothing to stop them changing odds on already placed bets whenever they like. Only thing stopping them doing it regularly is that people would go somewhere else I suppose.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
  Share Topic