You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL FANTASY THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 68>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 1:19am
Stat of the day: Wicklow Warthogs had more points from one player on the bench (Le'Veon Bell with 41.50) than the entire team scored (36.80). Yikes.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 5:01am
Just had a look through tiebreakers etc etc. It looks like the picture is going to be relatively clear ahead of next week's games. It seems unlikely to change regardless of what happens tomorrow night.

Super Marino and the Green Wizards will be into the playoffs, definitely, after this weekend, if they weren't already.

First point: If Ray Lewis's Suit defeat my team, the Night Trains, after tomorrow night's game (unclear at the minute), then the playoff lineup will be set, as the AFC Shenhua Bills and Ray Lewis's Suit will join Super Marino and the Green Wizards in the playoffs.

My Night Trains will be 8-6, along with the Cooley Mucksavages, and the Bills will be 9-5 with the tiebreaker over both of us (Ray Lewis's Suit will move to 10-4 and the playoffs, along with the two eleven win teams). Even if Castel di Flanno7hi somehow manage to finish the season 9-6 (quite unlikely it seems, given that they need to avoid Aaron Rodgers scoring more than 11.36 points tomorrow night to even get to 8-6) and tie with AFC Shenhua Bills, they lose in the tiebreaker to any of three of us, as they lost to each of us (the Bills, the Night Trains and the Mucksavages). The lineup will be set if I lose tomorrow night, with Super Marino, the Green Wizards, the AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow and Ray Lewis's Suit all into the final four.

Second point: If I defeat Ray Lewis's Suit after tomorrow's game, then it will be two from three between the Night Trains, the Bills and Ray Lewis's Suits to progress to the playoffs.

The following will determine which two of the three make it:

1) The winner of the game between the Suits and the Bills will definitely make it. I will also make it if The Night Trains defeat the Boston Tebow Party, regardless of the other result.

2) If I lose and the Bills win, then The Night Trains will go through and the Suits will go out. I would be 2-0 against the Suits and, if they also finish 9-6, 1-0 against the Mucksavages.

3) If I lose and the Suits win, then the Bills will go through and The Night Trains will go out. The Bills would be 1-0 against both the Night Trains and the Mucksavages and thus in.

Like I pointed out before, even if Castel di Flanno 7hi manage to finish 9-6, they lost to all four of other potential tied teams and would thus be out regardless.

I am 99% sure this is accurate at the minute based on the head to head tiebreaker. A lot turns on how tomorrow night's game goes. My 41.62 point lead should, hopefully, be enough, but with the Suits having Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson and the Packers defence up and me only having Eddie Lacy, I need a little luck. I'd say I'm favourite to hold on for the win as it stands but not necessarily.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 08 Dec 2014 at 5:16am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 10:43am
excellent stuff SDClap
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 11:08am
having a mare since my 6-0 start

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 4:19am
A minute to half time and I'm over 43 points clear of the Suits.

Then Nelson scores.... then in the second half, Jones scores. Then Nelson again on a 60 yarder, about one minute later. Jones is having a career night, over 250 yards. A 3.12 point lead with 6:15 remaining. I'm right on the edge now, thanks to outrageous second half performances from both Jones and Nelson after mostly quiet first halves. I just need Green Bay to run the goddamn ball with Eddie Lacy and I might have a chance but otherwise I'm screwed.

I was over 43 points clear with the Suits only having two players scoring. 3 second half touchdowns and about 400 yards from the two of them in a little over half the game.... you have got to be kidding me. I am going to have the highest scoring team in the league and I may very well not make the playoffs. Jokeshop.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Dec 2014 at 4:21am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 4:48am
Okay, seeing as I (just about) held on to win tonight, the position in advance of next week is as outlined above, namely:

1) The winner of the game between Ray Lewis's Suit and the AFC Shenhua Bills will make it to the playoffs.

2) The Night Trains will also make it if The Night Trains defeat the Boston Tebow Party.

3) If The Night Trains lose:
a) and the AFC Shenhua Bills win, then The Night Trains will go through and Ray Lewis's Suit will go out.
b) and Ray Lewis's Suit wins, then the AFC Shenhua Bills will go through and The Night Trains will go out.

Cooley Mucksavages go out regardless, even if they win and finish 9-6, as they lost to each of the Night Trains, the AFC Shenhua Bills and Ray Lewis's Suit.
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 8:18am
Some performance outta Jones and Nelson alright. Wudda been a famous win
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 7:25pm
Hope none of ye get in as I dont think I'll get within 30 points of anyone the way the eagles offence performed last week LOL

Resting all my stars(ie eagles) this week for the craic as its a nothing game given Super Marino have the Fudge Bay Packers
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 7:43pm
Wouldn't be so quick. The Packers only win was against me when they somehow scored 96 points, easily their highest score of the season. They lost a load of games because of bye weeks and injuries but those have cleared up now.

Super Marino will probably still win, admittedly, and leave you as second seed.

Then again, the other thing is, there is little enough difference between the potential third and fourth seeds. We're all 8-5 at the minute, so there will likely be little difference between being first and second seed anyway.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 12:40am
play offs babyCool

Just hope Jennings is fit, Philly has a nice matchup for his Eagles @Redskins next week
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 10:28am

Yup, Ray Lewis's Suit (JH91) needed to win this week to make the playoffs but lost (barring a miracle 40-pointer from a kicker).

Playoffs should be....
AFC Shenhua (nvidic) V Super Marnio (nvidic's mate)
Green Wizards (PhillyK) V Night Trains (SuperDave84)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 9:56am
My Mate (1) plays SuperDave(4)
I (3) play Philly (2)

Eagles have the Redskins this weekDead
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 4:59pm
In this league, I'm obviously in the semi final. In the other league, we are a week ahead (don't include week 17 as they are too many variables and risks of rested starters) and I am in the final there.

Both my opponents have DeMarco Murray. Is it really wrong to wish injury on an individual? Or at least that he doesn't recover?

Edited by SuperDave84 - 16 Dec 2014 at 4:59pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

In this league, I'm obviously in the semi final. In the other league, we are a week ahead (don't include week 17 as they are too many variables and risks of rested starters) and I am in the final there.

Both my opponents have DeMarco Murray. Is it really wrong to wish injury on an individual? Or at least that he doesn't recover?

not at all, I was sick when I saw I got 3rd as wanted Murray this weekLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 5:18pm
Now, given that I have a higher waiver priority than your mate, would it be *really* wrong to claim Joseph Randle off waivers?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:17pm
Blake Bortles or Charlie Whitehurst? This the championship game in my other league so I need to get these decisions right. It's a two QB league, with ten teams, hence the mediocre options. Jacksonville play Tennessee tomorrow night and I have their two starters (assuming Bortles is passed fit) to pick between for my QB2 position (Russell Wilson is QB1).

The alternative is hoping that Cam Newton gets fit as it is his injury that is causing me this headache to begin with. I had Wilson and Newton for the season after trading Flacco away early on to strengthen elsewhere.

The other call is Tre Mason or Jonathan Stewart. I'm leaning towards Mason but I'm not sure.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:19pm
Think Newton will play myself, would lean towarrds bortles

Cleveand gave up a lotta running td's last week..
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:21pm
Just threw all the eagles into the team there and hope for a miracle result on saturday now Ouch though did manage the miracle last year if memory serves me correctly 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 68>
  Share Topic