You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL FANTASY THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 68>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL FANTASY THREAD
    Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 7:58pm
fantasy chat in here
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 8:06pm
Fair enough. I have been talking a lot of fantasy related shyte on the other one.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 9:18pm
Good call
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:35pm
Copying this conversation across.....

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Incidentally, while the tiebreaker is head to head, the Commissioner of the league (whoever that is) has the power to seed the playoffs directly in the event of ties. He can select who he wants but obviously the published rules say head to head, so that should probably be used. There may be some controversy over what happens if there is a head to head tie (say two teams have a 1-1 record against each other), as to whether it goes to net head to head points, overall points or overall net points..... that would be a matter for discussion and the rules are not clear. They should probably be agreed upon in advance.
Commissioner Anseo!

I have it still set to the default so as you'll read here....

By default, tie breakers for final regular season standings in the case of an overall W-L-T record tie are as follows:

• Head-to-Head Record (NFL-Managed Default)
  • Points Scored For 
  • Points Scored Against (Most Difficult Schedule)
  • Coin Flip
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:36pm
When does the play-off fantasy game start?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

When does the play-off fantasy game start?

Plays off starts jan 3rd
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:57pm
Im defo in for the Play Off challenge.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 02 Dec 2014 at 10:57pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:58pm
Just a quick thing:

Say there is a tiebreak situation where there are three teams tied, and they are 2-1, 2-1 and 1-3 in the head to head. Would the second tiebreaker go back to the head to head between the first two teams? That might not be even - you could have a case where they are 1-0 and 0-1, being 1-1 and 2-0 respectively against the third team. Or would it go to the second tiebreaker then, overall points for?

I think the NFL rules say that once a team has been eliminated on a tiebreaker it goes back to the first tiebreaker again between any teams who remain tied.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:17pm
Here are some tiebreaker head to head scenarios as I see them (in each case I am counting Super Marino and the Green Wizards as having better than 10-5 records as they are both 10-3 at the minute):

If The Night Trains, AFC Shenhua Bills and Cooley Mucksavages end up tied on 10-5 (Ray Lewis's Suit would have to be 9-6):
AFC Shenhua Bills 2-0 - IN
The Night Trains 1-1 - IN
Cooley Mucksavages 0-2 - OUT

If The Night Trains, Ray Lewis's Suit and Cooley Mucksavages end up tied on 10-5 (AFC Shenhua Bills would have to be 8-5 or 9-6):
The Night Trains 3-0 - IN
Ray Lewis's Suit 1-2 - IN
Cooley Mucksavages 0-2 - OUT

I'll have a proper look at more scenarios after this weekend's games. There are far too many permutations to have a proper look right now. There could be plenty of teams end up on 9-6 and it could get very, very messy. It will be clearer after the weekend and we'll it properly then.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Im defo in for the Play Off challenge.

+1

Have to retain my silver medal from last season.

Regular season is for losers.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:33pm
still hoping to retain both crowns!

JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 3:12am
Was their much trading done this year. Good bit done in my other league but not much here
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:46pm
I missed the draft and forgot about it, to my shame. I have been setting my lineup the last few weeks however and am on a 2 loss streak, so no change there LOL
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 6:58pm
yeah well up for the playoff game 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 7:00pm
There's less need for trading when there are small squad sizes as you can generally pick up what you need.

The other league I play in has ten teams but starting teams of 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 Flex (R/W/T), 2 DEFs and 1 K. Plus a bench of about ten each. Trading becomes a necessity when you suffer injuries if you are short at one position and an opponent has someone spare. Bye weeks too played havoc to some people.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 8:26pm
35 so far from Newton.... a waiver wire pick up on FridayCool
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 11:15pm
Yeah I have him in my other league. Top fantasising.

Have Stafford and Joique Bell in this league. That batted pass TD was the best.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 12:29am
Raiders against 49ers, so I have the Niners defence. That'll be good for a few points, right? 7th highest number of points against opposition defence.

2 points. Jesus tittyfocking Christ.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 68>
  Share Topic