You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Finances thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I would be interested to see proof that he did cover the costs himself.

Is it possible to perjure yourself at an Oireachras hearing? 

I wouldn't have thought so. 

Wouldn't have thought so myself but heard someone use it as an explanation for his legal advice on weds. 

Pure speculation but given that the FAI are talking to the ODCE, that might have influenced his silence.

Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 10:58am
Just thinking - that €100k loan happened 2 years ago and it's only come to light a few weeks ago!  So I dread to think what revelations are going to emerge in the next few years about last year's and this year's accounts.

And if there is to be a forensic audit of their books, surely JD & co should then be trailed back in (whether they're still in office by then) to appear before the government committee about all the shenanigans that have been going on at Abbottstown (rather than this week's appearance being mainly about the loan).  I dread to think how long that would take though if their behaviour on Wednesday is anything to go by!!! Dead

Either way, this story will definitely run and run...wonder how long before the JD/FAI Controversy thread on here runs to 1,000 pages! LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 12 Apr 2019 at 11:01am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 11:00am

If someone got a hold of the itemised expenses, I'm sure it would be quite interesting. 
El Puto Amo
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

If someone got a hold of the itemised expenses, I'm sure it would be quite interesting. 

I am in no doubt that the FAI will burn to the ground if these itemised expenses are revealed from the past 5-10 years. No doubt at all in mind they would be an utter disgrace and that certain folk have been bleeding the organisation dry with disgusting expenses. 

I pray that every bit of this comes out. This is the only way things will change and proper structures put in place. The amount if money wasted that should have been spent on developing the game here, I shudder to think.

It's all about numbers. You can't bluff your way around black and white numbers. That's why the Oireachtas meeting was so damaging for the FAI. By the end there were so many unanswered questions about FAI accounts etc., these are all hanging in the public domain now. The only way forward now is to disclose everything I reckon. That Oireachtas performance was one of the biggest PR own goals I've ever witnessed.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:29pm
I don't think evidence to Oireachtas committee hearings is taken under oath, therefore perjury isn't an issue. It has to be on oath to be perjury.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I don't think evidence to Oireachtas committee hearings is taken under oath, therefore perjury isn't an issue. It has to be on oath to be perjury.

But somebody could, in theory, incriminate themselves....
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:38pm
Possibly... although what they say at the committee hearing might not be admissible as evidence in criminal proceedings against them.
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:56pm
aha!!!

I wondered where this thread had got to!! :)
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:00pm
Hi

is anyone able to download the FAI Annual Reports for 2018 and 2017?
I can't atm -maybe it's me firewall blocking it but just checking:

any help appreciated. Given this thread started in 2014, its interesting to see how things have moved along.......or not....
To drink all your beer,
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:06pm
In 2017 we generated an Operating Surplus of €7.2m, with a Retained Surplus of €2.8m. This strong operating performance is in line with our long term business plan.

INCOME AND EXPENDITURE Overall our turnover was €49.0m (2016: €50.4m). The revenue in 2017 decreased in comparable terms due to the receipt of a significant 4-yearly grant in 2016. Annual operating income year-onyear remained stable with Match, Commercial, Technical and other income solidifying the long-term future of the Association. The Irish Sports Council/Sport Ireland continued to provide strong support to the Association by allocating €2.7m in grants (2016: €2.7m) to the FAI’s football programmes. The Association continued to have strong sponsorship income which was €8.3m in 2017 (2016: €8.2m). These partnerships include strong companies like Aviva, 3Mobile, Toplion (New Balance), Diageo, Ford, Airtricity, Continental Tyres, Spar, BOI, Irish Daily Mail, Celtic Pure, Trackchamp Bwin, DID Electrical, Ladbrokes, Tetrarch, EA Sports, Panini, O’Driscoll O’Neill, Bartoni, Kepak, Ipro Sport, Fota Island Resort and Castleknock Hotel. The Association continued to work at reducing costs and implemented a number of cost saving measures in 2017. Cost control will continue to be a key priority for the Association together with a strong focus on revenue generation to ensure the Association is positioned to meet its financial commitments and invest in the future of the game. 2017 was our seventh full year in the Aviva stadium where the amortisation costs for 2017 were €1.4m (2016: €1.4m). In addition to amortisation, bank and other charges relating principally to borrowings to support the construction of the stadium amounted to €2.0m (2016: €4.7m). Following the successful refinance of bank loans with Bank of Ireland during 2016, the Association benefited from a lower interest rate on a lower principal. Our development and operating grants were €2.4m (2016: €2.3m) which shows our commitment to providing funding at all levels of the game. The underlying retained surplus was €2.8m after taking all income, expenditure, investment income, interest costs, amortisation, grants into account.

FINANCIAL REVIEW 2017 OVERVIEW BALANCE SHEET As at 31 December 2017, the Association had net assets of €22.4m, an increase of €2.8m from 2016. The Association has assets of €93.4m and net borrowings of €39.6m. Once these borrowings are repaid, the Association will realise the full benefit of owning its own stadium, which will allow for significant funding to be invested in to the game in Ireland.

FUNDING AND FUTURE CHALLENGES The Association recognises the current economic climate throughout the country and the common challenges faced by all businesses in Ireland. The Association remains committed to securing long term revenue streams including the UEFA TV contract which came in to effect in 2014 and currently extends to 2022, UEFA Hattrick Programme funding and commercial contracts. These revenues, allied to future income from the resale of Stadium naming rights and premium seats, our strong day-to-day revenues, provides a strong foundation for the Association. We continue to challenge our costs to ensure we meet our financial obligations while focussing on growing revenue and generating funds to strengthen our game for future generations. 

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:48pm
bump!!!!

5 years. FS!

Well indeed. This thread was started by concerned irish football fans in 2014.

5 years later and the rest of the world seems to have eventually figured out what was going on at the FAI.

I want to pay tribute to those who have been vilified for being brave enough to ask questions about the finances of the FAI for a long time.

You guys know who you are and hopefully when the FAI becomes a new organization, you will be exonerated and allowed back to doing your jobs again.

However, why did it take 5 years to get to this out in the open?Angry

I have my own opinions about that.

To drink all your beer,
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

bump!!!!

5 years. FS!

Well indeed. This thread was started by concerned irish football fans in 2014.

5 years later and the rest of the world seems to have eventually figured out what was going on at the FAI.

I want to pay tribute to those who have been vilified for being brave enough to ask questions about the finances of the FAI for a long time.

You guys know who you are and hopefully when the FAI becomes a new organization, you will be exonerated and allowed back to doing your jobs again.

However, why did it take 5 years to get to this out in the open?Angry

I have my own opinions about that.

FIVE years feckin ridiculous.

Embarrassed
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:12pm
....and wheres roverstillidie when you need a laugh???

people should read back this thread and see some of the posts that tried to defend the FAI when people were starting to ask questions about the FAI.

Risible garbage.

well those of us who felt that the Emperor had no clothes have been proved right - 55 million times.

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
To drink all your beer,
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:14pm
What happens if the FAI have to close down?  Who pays for the team to play the playoff?  Who pays for the maintenance of the training ground?

Will we even be able to play the play off?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Mongo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:15pm
Train to Belfast!
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:31pm
it will close down a body will be formed taking all assets leaving th sh*t behind just like Rangers did in 2012

Edited by Missy - 06 Dec 2019 at 3:32pm
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

GG morphing into Baldrick. LOL

I take that as a compliment.
AKA pedantic kunt
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 4:39pm
I wonder if this shambles will impact players with dual nationality decision to play for ireland... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic