FAI Finances thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAI Finances thread
    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:09pm
 This fella from England that is supposed to be the new CEO is a Delaney stooge
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:57pm
I agree that it won't be another Delaney. Next time it will be someone who appears more competent, is more eloquent and the destruction more subtle. More Coveney or Varadkar than gombeen FF man. More Hank Scorpio than Lyle Lanley.
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The unfortunate thing about football is that it reflects society. As football, and society, becomes more and more about vulture capitalism, it would be a huge surprise if more and more John Delaneys aren't trying to worm their way in as we speak.
I hope the regulations are put in place to make it more difficult, but I feel until there is real change that it's inevitable. 
TBH Pre, if another Delaney shows up at the FAI, then shame on everyone of us.

we've seen what has happened. 

It's up to decent people to ensure that this kind of thing NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!!

thankfully with the Internet and international media, there are now journalists beyond the reach/influence of the blazers/FAI/politicians to ensure the boat is not rocked. 

This is a healthy development as it gives avenues to voice concerns that otherwise wouldn't be there.

That aside, it's up to us, the fans to keep an eye and raise concerns when necessary.

Clap
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:15pm
The unfortunate thing about football is that it reflects society. As football, and society, becomes more and more about vulture capitalism, it would be a huge surprise if more and more John Delaneys aren't trying to worm their way in as we speak.
I hope the regulations are put in place to make it more difficult, but I feel until there is real change that it's inevitable. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Maybe I'm just over reacting, but your "Shame on you, shame on you" post came across preachy. Maybe I'm becoming a snowflake in my old age. Absolutely hats off to call out JD 6 years ago, it was far before I was calling it out. 

And no, I'm not defending "these people" Baldrick
Still don’t get your point.  All the people he said shame on them he was dead right to say it and shame on them is right.  

I would agree with you if he was calling out Ireland fans who did nothing and just attended the matches but he didn’t.  He just said shame on you to the board members and the fans who verbally abused other fans for highlighting these issues.   So I am with GG and I am sure most Irish fans are in saying Shame on you to
Them.  

6 years ago was still more than two thirds into the reign.  Some
On here and beyond were calling him out long before this.  Mark Tighe made reference to 2007 and San Marino when the rise Delaney banners were unveiled.  I Am not sure they were the first. Many followers who also followed the league were suspicious long before that.  
Baldrick, you're absolutely right. 

Both Bunny and I and others only started discussing the finances thread in 2014, and it was well known in irish footballing circles that all was not right within the FAI and across football in Ireland.

there are many others who deserve mention for being brave enough to raise questions/criticisms of JDFAI before us and i want to thank them too.

Shedite- thanks for the clarification but just to clarify - calling Shame on someone is not preachy -its the only thing I feel that genuine irish fans can do at this point. Cry shame! We're truly impotent in this matter, despite knowing what we all now know.

That said I am of the strong belief that there will be no court actions into the future, even though there is overwhelming evidence of financial irregularities.  This matter is now dead AFAIC. I really do hope i'm wrong however, but recent court nonsense gives me little hope that there will be proper accountability enforced.

The FAI has been saved by us the taxpayer and hopefully the new governance structure will never facilitate the rise of such an individual again, or the mismanagement of a game we all love.

Edited by greengooner - 14 Oct 2020 at 1:45pm
To drink all your beer,
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:23pm

Maybe I'm just over reacting, but your "Shame on you, shame on you" post came across preachy. Maybe I'm becoming a snowflake in my old age. Absolutely hats off to call out JD 6 years ago, it was far before I was calling it out. 

Still don’t get your point.  All the people he said shame on them he was dead right to say it and shame on them is right.  

I would agree with you if he was calling out Ireland fans who did nothing and just attended the matches but he didn’t.  He just said shame on you to the board members and the fans who verbally abused other fans for highlighting these issues.   So I am with GG and I am sure most Irish fans are in saying Shame on you to
Them.  

6 years ago was still more than two thirds into the reign.  Some
On here and beyond were calling him out long before this.  Mark Tighe made reference to 2007 and San Marino when the rise Delaney banners were unveiled.  I Am not sure they were the first. Many followers who also followed the league were suspicious long before that.  

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Oct 2020 at 1:26pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:19pm

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:11pm
Hi there. 

Shedite-you either misread what i posted or you're trying to misrepresent what i've posted - in either case you're doing yourself a disservice. Please re-read what i've said. 

Firstly thanks to all who posted in my defence and who checked back to page 1 to see who Bunny Munro was.

You ask me where i was in 2012 -tbh -i've no recollection lol but that's an age thing. WinkWink

Seriously though, during the period 2011 to 2014, i was trying to understand the financials of the FAI annual "Reports" at that point. it became apparent by 2014 that they raised more questions than they answered - questions which were being ignored or worse. AngryAngry

(Techy bit - As i said at the time any organisation which had "intangible" (aka not physically real aka makey-uppey) assets of 88m out of a total assets base of 93m with physical liabilites of  around 80m needed to have a long look at itself in terms of solvency.)

I'm restating that anyone here who defended the actions/behaviour of the FAI and JD from 2014, anyone who criticised or threatened legal action on fans/newspapers/journalists for asking questions, dissenting, protesting, carrying banners, throwing tennis balls, etc etc has no right to call themselves an Ireland supporter or a supporter of irish football, simple as. The entire structure at that time was rotten to the core. 

Finally, I'm not gloating - gloating is defined as "to feel or express smug self-satisfaction about something such as an achievement, a possession, or somebody else's misfortune" . I'm calling SHAME on those in the FAI who knew and who could have made a difference but chose to either turn the other way because of benefits like free trips, free coffee, free tickets, free photos with famous people etc etc. 

I'm certainly not gloating about the FAIs misfortune. I'm devastated and embarrassed as an Ireland fan, and disgusted as an Irish citizen.

To drink all your beer,
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:16pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

Bump.....

Well.im.sitting here watching virgin tonight and I want to thank bunny munro for raising this......in 2014.......

Shame on ANYONE who supported delaney at board level. Hell has a place for you.

Shame on those on here who pretended to be ireland fans and who lied bullied and carried out nazi style propaganda to support the myth of the FAI over these years..  Hell  would refuse you guys a place. Disgusting creatures. 

At least those of us who were prepared to ask questions are now being vindicated.

if there's one thing to be learnt its to ASK questions and raise issues and don't be bought off with free drink free tickets and the promise of being brought into an inner circle.

Mods on this forum also deserve great credit for not bowing to the legal threats being chucked around as the circle tightened. 

Maybe we can learn to trust the FAI again in time.

Mighty high horse you've got there Captain Heinsight
LOLLOLLOL
Go back to page 1 ffs. GG along with others were right from the start Clap
Fair play to him, but I don't get the abusing those who didn't feel like him in 2014. Where was GG in 2012 when Delaney was up to nonsense with the 10 year tickets and antics in Poland. Where do you draw the line?

Fair play GG for posting about it on a forum in 2014, but leave off the silly stuff. Gloating ain't cool
Who’s he abusing? 
He was right end of. He was asking the right questions 6 years ago on this forum & if anything he was getting abuse from RTID & the lad from the supporters club for questioning our financing. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:14am
Who is he abusing?  Read his mail I don't think he is abusing anyone..  he is calling shame on those at board level who let this happen and those in the fanbase who abused people verbally who raises this issue. 

Are you really sticking up for and defending those people.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:12am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Bump.....

Well.im.sitting here watching virgin tonight and I want to thank bunny munro for raising this......in 2014.......

Shame on those on here who pretended to be ireland fans and who lied bullied and carried out nazi style propaganda to support the myth of the FAI over these years..  Hell  would refuse you guys a place. Disgusting creatures. 

At least those of us who were prepared to ask questions are now being vindicated.

if there's one thing to be learnt its to ASK questions and raise issues and don't be bought off with free drink free tickets and the promise of being brought into an inner circle.

Mods on this forum also deserve great credit for not bowing to the legal threats being chucked around as the circle tightened. 

LOLLOLLOL
Fair play to him, but I don't get the abusing those who didn't feel like him in 2014. Where was GG in 2012 when Delaney was up to nonsense with the 10 year tickets and antics in Poland. Where do you draw the line?

Fair play GG for posting about it on a forum in 2014, but leave off the silly stuff. Gloating ain't cool
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:58am
Thanks!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Bump.....

Heinsight.

Well i'll just take a wander over to the phrases people get wrong thread cos that is a good un. 

There's been a few more over the past couple of days too. There was a 'gun-ho', 'born and bread' and another that I have forgotten. 

Apart from the protagonist in the Nick Cave novel, who or what is 'Bunny Munro'?

Bunny Munro - poster from page 1.

Edited by horsebox - 14 Oct 2020 at 9:45am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:42am

Bump.....

LOLLOLLOL

Edited by 9fingers - 14 Oct 2020 at 9:43am
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

is it not hindsight and was GG not the one on this thread asking the best questions and banging the drum here more than most with really pertinent questions. 

He certainly was. Top man GG Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:16am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Bump.....

Heinsight.

Well i'll just take a wander over to the phrases people get wrong thread cos that is a good un. 
There's been a few more over the past couple of days too. There was a 'gun-ho', 'born and bread' and another that I have forgotten. 

Apart from the protagonist in the Nick Cave novel, who or what is 'Bunny Munro'?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:02am
is it not hindsight and was GG not the one on this thread asking the best questions and banging the drum here more than most with really pertinent questions. 

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Oct 2020 at 9:03am
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:02am

Bump.....

Heinsight.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic