You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuart McCall in the Evening Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuart McCall in the Evening Times
    Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:48pm
"McCall believes that having the vast majority of the 60,000-strong crowd firmly behind the home team will help enormously.

He explained: "We had a good win at Ibrox in our last match and played well.

"Now the lads are looking forward to playing at Celtic Park. The good thing is that we will have 95 per cent of the crowd behind us.

"The Irish will only have a little singing section of 3,000. They could get drowned out.

"I'm sure they will have other supporters dotted here and there around the ground but it doesn't really matter.

"It is an old cliché but the Tartan Army can definitely be a 12th man for us. It is going to be a full house and the majority of the 60,000 supporters will be backing us..

"This match is going to be something to really relish"

Touts Out!
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:53pm
Poor lad is in for some shock on the night for sure LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Eire93 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eire93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:57pm
I would love a picture of his face and Gordon McQueens face when the Fields of Anthry is belted around Park Head!
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:23pm
What's he smoking?
June 2012 party time!!
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:25pm
LOL
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:31pm
It would be interesting to know just how many Irish are going. Do we reckon 12,000 or so with 3000 in the away end?
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:13pm
Sounds like the TA board on here when fellow Scotland fans think we will have 10k in every stadium we go to 'taking over' stadiums even though the stadium we are going to holds 60k, 5k of us usually grouped together as an away section and the other 5k are dotted all around the ground in amongst the 55k home support.... LOL
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

Sounds like the TA board on here when fellow Scotland fans think we will have 10k in every stadium we go to 'taking over' stadiums even though the stadium we are going to holds 60k, 5k of us usually grouped together as an away section and the other 5k are dotted all around the ground in amongst the 55k home support.... LOL

In fairness we only had 5k in gelsenkirchen lichtie and everyone was texting me to say we could be heard on german Telly and on sky
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Shango View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:27pm
He will only be proven wrong if the Irish are vocal in the home end and wear their colours. 
All the lads I know going are wary of wearing their colours. 
I think we need to encourage everyone on this forum to man up and wear the colours. 
Together we are stronger!!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

In fairness we only had 5k in gelsenkirchen lichtie and everyone was texting me to say we could be heard on german Telly and on sky

Im not doubting the singing volume im saying its not going to be the takeover some are suggesting on here, will be 15 percent of the stadium supporting you tops. The other 85 percent will be accepting your sing off challenge with pleasure. TongueBig smile 

Also outsinging the Germans was easy, it reminded me of being at Old Trafford, home support full of families and people expecting to win, wait till you lads see what the atmosphere in Warsaw is like, absolute different level from the Poles. Crazy bastards. Wink

Edited by 1320Lichtie - 11 Nov 2014 at 3:38pm
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:48pm

Im not doubting the singing volume im saying its not going to be the takeover some are suggesting on here, will be 15 percent of the stadium supporting you tops. The other 85 percent will be accepting your sing off challenge with pleasure. TongueBig smile 

Just as it should be and hopefully between the 2 sets of supporters we will create a great atmosphere.  The German supporters were very muted in Gelsenkirchen and the Georgians weren't much better in Tbilisi.  I'm looking forward to the atmosphere almost as much as the match.  The TA will give a great account of themselves and so will we.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:52pm

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Also outsinging the Germans was easy, it reminded me of being at Old Trafford, home support full of families and people expecting to win, wait till you lads see what the atmosphere in Warsaw is like, absolute different level from the Poles. Crazy bastards. Wink

No doubt we will we well outnumbered but there will be a huge crowd of us there, a lot more away supporters than you are use to seeing in Scotland. You are still right though it will probably only be about 15% of the stadium. 

Yeah I look forward to Warsaw! (Hopefully by that stage we will be qualified haha)
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:39pm
The Scots can belt out Flower of Scotland. Actually better stick to the sound of music pish lads
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:44pm
Flower of Scotland surely won't be sung, unless they replace Scotland with England?

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:57pm
The Irish seem to be struggling to take the result of the referendum worse than we are...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:58pm

The Irish seem to be struggling to take the result of the referendum worse than we are...
LOL
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:59pm

Ye agree. We will have about 7/8, 3,200 together and the rest drowned out.
Don't think McCall is far off. Hope he is
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Flower of Scotland surely won't be sung, unless they replace Scotland with England?

Why should I not sing it? I sung it 10 year ago when support for Indy was only 20 percent, why not now when its 45, surely its more relevant than ever now we are so close. I voted yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic