You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 539>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:56pm
Bosnia 800 Moldova 900 Serbia 600 says different.
Sponsored Links

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Where did you get those figures from?

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I may be missing something but with Delaney seemingly shafting the Welsh, what's to stop them changing the allocation ? The game isn't for 9 months after all...

Signed contracts 

Worth nil.

What is binding about it?

What are potential repercussions if they renege?

If they are still in it we wont get 11%. I'll put money on it. And then the usual suspect will blame the Welsh. Deja vu
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 6:10pm

Bosnia says last minute in Nov

Moldova says 1 of 3 after 2 weeks in france

Serbia says 1 of 3 after 2 weeks in france and after Moldova

why not Vienna which says 1 of 3 after 2 weeks in france Moldova and Serbia or or does that not count ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 6:12pm

How exactly ?
I was at one of those 3 : For Bosnia, I was away with work so couldn't make it. For Serbia, I had no holidays left having already used a load at the Euros so given I had to make a choice, I chose Moldova.

By your crude calculations, I'm not a regular away traveller.

I use myself as an example, nothing else - Am sure there will have been a number of people who may not have been able to make some or all of the three you mention so similar reasons given the circumstances (One being a playoff and the others following a tournament summer).

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 6:51pm

That doesn't mean there are only 900 total.

It's 2,300 tickets across three games. If we assume that some people went to all three games, some went to two and some went to one game, let's say 250 went to all three, 400 went to two of the three and 750 went to at least one of the three.... that's 1,400 total people.

Obviously the figures aren't 100% accurate but it does mean there are more than 900 total people who went to any one of those games. Whatever way you cut it, there were plenty more than 900 different people at those games.

And that's even leaving aside the Austria game, or those heading to Georgia.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:01pm
Emmet Malone article in the Times an hour ago about the meeting with the joint committee sums it up really.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 7:01am

We had 600 in Serbia and 900 in Serbia and 800 in Bosnia som At least 20% of these got there tickets through Football Family and Abbey Travel. So 1400 is more than enough for regulars which number 700 Max and I'm been generous with 700. It is twice the number of aways regulars.

What about the 2000 members of the confederation, what is they all want to go?
What if the 1000 fd all want to go? And we haven't even mentioned thuse who are not members.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 10:34am
There is no way everyone in the 40% will be satisfied. Seen a post here which states FAI said SCs have 2000 STs.
The problem is I cannot find anywhere how many STH are in FD. To the best of my knowledge at this time our 40% is 1400 for CCS and this is split between STs in SCs and FD.
For maths sake and laziness say FD have 2000 STs so 700 each.
Last season split was 61/39 in SCs favour.

Those who are not members of FD or SCS may hope their football club can get them sorted other it will be Abbey Travel for them.

Now we know that there are away regulars who buy tickets off the home nation because they hate the FAI for whatever reason and don't want to give them €€.

Some bragged about this like a kid trying to impress their friends on this forum. They knew this day was coming when they started down this road. As they don't buy STs Match tickets in their name for home games and have no away points they don't deserve a ticket through the FAI.
Hopefully they will be able to get sorted by the Welsh.

Edited by Missy - 19 Jan 2017 at 10:49am
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:07am
People don't buy off the home association because they hate the FAI that's complete rubbish.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:19am
Members of this forum have posted stating they do maybe they lied they even have done this for Gibraltar when   tickets were plentiful. They don'twant to support the FAI financially.

Edited by Missy - 19 Jan 2017 at 11:21am
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:12pm

Members of this forum have posted stating they do maybe they lied they even have done this for Gibraltar when   tickets were plentiful. They don'twant to support the FAI financially.
buying away tickets benefits the fai how? More bluster
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:15pm
how come its everybody on here that's lying Missy can we only trust the crisc and Fai to be honest emmmm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:22pm

They don'twant to support the FAI financially.
You are correct.

I supported the FAI financially from 1979 to 2012.

Then I copped on.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:40pm

How can you use them figures to back up a debate on number of away regulars

1 was a playoff with very little time to arrange travel etc

1 was a game in Belgrade 10 weeks after the euros

1 was a game in Chisinau 14 weeks after the euros

Alot of fans could only do 1 out of the 3 aways after the euros and choose Vienna as that game so why is that not included in the figures?

I'd call myself a regular at away games and only attended 1 of the 3 games you listed due to number of reasons (missed playoff due to starting new job and choose to miss serbia as could only do 2 of the 3 after the euros) and I'm sure there is many more like me in that regard. You would need to include Vienna etc to get a true reflection on numbers
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 2:30pm

There is no way everyone in the 40% will be satisfied. Seen a post here which states FAI said SCs have 2000 STs.
The problem is I cannot find anywhere how many STH are in FD. To the best of my knowledge at this time our 40% is 1400 for CCS and this is split between STs in SCs and FD.
For maths sake and laziness say FD have 2000 STs so 700 each.
Last season split was 61/39 in SCs favour.

Those who are not members of FD or SCS may hope their football club can get them sorted other it will be Abbey Travel for them.

Now we know that there are away regulars who buy tickets off the home nation because they hate the FAI for whatever reason and don't want to give them €€.

Some bragged about this like a kid trying to impress their friends on this forum. They knew this day was coming when they started down this road. As they don't buy STs Match tickets in their name for home games and have no away points they don't deserve a ticket through the FAI.
Hopefully they will be able to get sorted by the Welsh.

It probably hasn't increased that much given its been 'closed for applications' probably 15 of the last 16 monthsOuch
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 9:16am

Is Shane Ross actually going to challenge Delaney on implementing the Genesis report or are we being served up more big talk?

El Puto Amo
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 9:33am
Holy f**k Genesis still hasn't been fully implemented 15 years on
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 539>
  Share Topic