You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 539>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:57pm
@Baldrick - Same thing will happen again next October & the same arguments will take place about the allocation . If away games are sold out & people on here have received tickets & don't travel they distribute them on here . Who is to say that the next person that gets it deserves it because he was 1st on a list ? The same could be said that a SC giving a ticket to a 1st time away match goer
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

@Baldrick - Same thing will happen again next October & the same arguments will take place about the allocation . If away games are sold out & people on here have received tickets & don't travel they distribute them on here . Who is to say that the next person that gets it deserves it because he was 1st on a list ? The same could be said that a SC giving a ticket to a 1st time away match goer

Take YBIG out of the equation here Butch for a start.  

Everybody should be calling for a fair and transparent system that rewards people who  attend games. Not just YBIG (not saying its only YBIG by the way)

If that was in place next year when the allocation is tight and demand exceeds supply, in the main tickets would go to those with the most amount of away game attendances until the allocations is fully allocated.  Under the system one person one ticket and one point this would reward people for going to away games. 

If this system is in place then the  practice that you suggest happens on here would be less likely to occur as people who actually go to games would get tickets. 

If you say that people on here are gaming the system and are not going but are applying for tickets.  (why would someone do that considering the FAI had no system in the first place) 

I say all of this as someone who was not in Georgia and could not make Germany at short notice. 

Edited by Baldrick - 03 Nov 2014 at 11:14pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:06pm

There was a scheme proposed, read the op in the reminder thread, it will answer all your questions and it covers everything but as Baldrick emphasises

Don't expect a ticket to the a game that is either a handy to get to , in a glamourous destination, or of greater significance or a combination of all three
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Mullingar Mullingar wrote:

Request minutes from Gerry Read on who they all know

Sorry are you saying that the clubs proposed to the FAI before the the Austrai home game that they effectively should deal with away ticket allocations and this was accepted ?

Because if you are its the first anybody on here knew about it ?
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:12pm
Spell check on phone lol
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:14pm
I never said they were gaming the system as there is no system but how is it that when it comes to a game there is people sorting other people out with tickets ? I am not saying join a supporters club but it seems that when there is a shortage of tickets for a big game and YBIG posters does not get a good share of them then they fight there corner as a group . But at the same time you don't want to be an officially associated SC to the FAI ? Groups distributing tickets could be just be easily called SC .
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:14pm
Did ye leave to put a flag into the ground for half an hour or so
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:20pm

I never said they were gaming the system as there is no system but how is it that when it comes to a game there is people sorting other people out with tickets ? I am not saying join a supporters club but it seems that when there is a shortage of tickets for a big game and YBIG posters does not get a good share of them then they fight there corner as a group . But at the same time you don't want to be an officially associated SC to the FAI ? Groups distributing tickets could be just be easily called SC .

Most people on here have called for the FAI to introduce a clear and transparent system.  Some very good communicators such as Babbsballs and Kev and Brianie have taken to the airwaves to get this point across.  These people do not want just this system for people who log onto YBIG but for all of the Irish fans. This will take out uncertainty about tickets if the system is brought in and it will mean people can be safe in the knowledge that they will get a ticket and will go to the game accordingly.  

In the absence of a system tickets are handed out in a haphazard way and you would need the mind of Soloman to figure out how the FAI go about doing it. 

For most away games there are lots of spares hanging about and as a result lads on here give tickets to people on here who have either forgot to apply for tickets or were late in doing so etc.  

How many times can it be stressed. What people on here and I am sure in other places is a clear and transparent system that rewards people for attending away games.  In its absence you are going to get anarchy which is what happens any time there is a huge demand for tickets. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:20pm
We put a purposal to them which was accepted by Tony and John but had to be cleared at board level. BUT as some people say JD seems to run the show. Since then Mullingar has always gotten aways for every game. Before this we were applying independently and we're victims of the dreaded ballot on many an occasion.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

There was a scheme proposed, read the op in the reminder thread, it will answer all your questions and it covers everything but as Baldrick emphasises

Don't expect a ticket to the a game that is either a handy to get to , in a glamourous destination, or of greater significance or a combination of all three

I did read it & I don't expect a ticket but if anybody wants to get a ticket badly enough they will ... I will be travelling to the away games this campaign & do not expect a ticket but I will be there at the games . I have never had problems getting tickets & have been to many home games & a few aways over the years but none of it can be proved so it makes no odds to me to apply through the FAI for away tickets as I have no history
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:24pm
Kerrzy sent you a pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:27pm
Well, even if they did, a major policy change like that shouldn't be announced at a meeting without also being publicised. SCs might have known but they were among the lucky few.

How are independent fans who aren't necessarily the most tech savvy meant to know?

Long and short of it, the FAI have a lot of questions to answer.

I don't blame anyone in any SC from doing whatever they can to get tickets for their members. The questions all fall to the FAI.

Also, how could there have been a meeting with Q and As with Martin O'Neill in April, 2013? I assume you mean April, 2014.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 03 Nov 2014 at 11:27pm
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:36pm

We put a purposal to them which was accepted by Tony and John but had to be cleared at board level. BUT as some people say JD seems to run the show. Since then Mullingar has always gotten aways for every game. Before this we were applying independently and we're victims of the dreaded ballot on many an occasion.

How many did you get for Georgia

How many Germany

Do you not think Scotland should have been pro rata.

Say the same as Germany?
I know nothing :-)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:38pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I did read it & I don't expect a ticket but if anybody wants to get a ticket badly enough they will ... I will be travelling to the away games this campaign & do not expect a ticket but I will be there at the games . I have never had problems getting tickets & have been to many home games & a few aways over the years but none of it can be proved so it makes no odds to me to apply through the FAI for away tickets as I have no history

Butch individual stories take away from the point that there should be a system in place.  Just because you happen to get your hands on tickets at games etc.  

Some people are not like you and will not travel unless they are guaranteed a ticket.  

If an aul fella in Donegal goes to every game and is not a member of a SC or does not log onto YBIG.  
Shouldn't they be looked after by the FAI's system with a ticket when demand is tight.   
They should not have to rely on the kindness of strangers or some sort of random wild goose chase in the city of the game.  
They should be safe in the knowledge that they go to every game and travel all over the world and the system is in place that means they are guaranteed a ticket even when demand is high.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:44pm
Pros of a ticket system:

It's fair
It's clear
It's reliable
It's predictable
It rewards loyalty

Cons of a ticket system:

JD can't fix it

Now, for the vote.

Yes - 1
No - 1,000,012

But there were only twelve voters?

Doesn't matter, JD has a million and one votes.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

How many did you get for Georgia

How many Germany

Do you not think Scotland should have been pro rata.

Say the same as Germany?

On a side note 'the scheme' refers to clubs getting their 'usual' allocation for big away games

Club allocation to remain as existing, but where tickets are scarce their normal allocation should be honored before any additional tickets are offered, same as any individual application.
•     Self explanatory Where tickets are scarce a club/individuals get their normal/regular allocation, where tickets are not scarce they can have as many tickets as they want

If a club on average takes 10 tickets then they should get 10 tickets for a 'big' game
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 7:27pm
@ Baldrick - I agree with the ticket system being introduced , I'm more concerned for people who have no way of tracking their history and how far to you go back ? That's why I say people in the SC are just as entitled for tickets . A lot of the SC are sending bus loads up to the home games adding a lot of numbers to attendances , and spending a lot of time on the road getting back from home games after 1am . I have been at home games since the turn of the 90's and have no way to prove what games I was at . I have previously praised the work YBiG have done in regards the ticket fiascos but it has happened before and won't be the last . I know people say you need to build a good profile to get away tickets but this takes time and people that are starting out tryin to follow the national team on aways will find it hard getting tickets for glamour games that everyone wants to get to but are not "entitled" to it because they are not getting tickets and they are being put off following the national team .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 7:55pm
Going through the three issues in your post:

One: how far you go back

You go back ten games..... easy to understand, easy to implement. Even if you disregard games were supply exceeds demand, that still only means going back ten games. The last ten games have not had demand in excess of supply..... the England game was eleven games ago now, and it was the last time demand exceeded supply. Sweden was the game before that and I don't think demand exceeded supply there.

The last ten aways were Germany in Gelsenkirchen, Georgia in Tbilisi, Portugal in New Jersey, Costa Rica in Philadelphia, Italy in London, Poland in Poznan, Germany in Cologne, Austria in Vienna, Wales in Cardiff and Spain in New York. England in London and Sweden in Stockholm were before that. That's ten out of ten games where demand from our side did not exceed supply, as far as I know, or else it was very close. Before that it was the Faroe Islands in Torshavn, Kazakhstan in Astana and Serbia in Belgrade - certainly, demand did not exceed supply for those games.

It takes little effort to identify the last ten games where demand did not exceed supply.

Two: Supporters' clubs

There are plenty of independent travellers who travel from down the country to every game as well, without going on a jollyer on a bus (which happens). That is not a reason for special treatment. No-one is denying that supporters' clubs do good things but they are no different from any other supporters.

Three: People starting out

Why does anyone starting out trying to follow the national team on aways deserve tickets for a glamour game where demand is limited? Why should they get one at the expense of someone who has been at plenty of games previously? Have you any evidence that people are being put off following the national team as a result? It is easy to get tickets for home games - since going back to Lansdowne Road, season tickets have always been available for anyone who wants one.

And as pointed out above, one game in the last fourteen away games has had demand exceed supply. I repeat, why should anyone starting out trying to follow the national team on aways deserve tickets for a glamour game where demand is limited? There has literally been one game since the Euros where demand exceeded supply, before the Scotland game.

The Scotland game is the second game we have played in the last two and a half years (give or take a month, and the England game) where demand has exceeded supply.  To suggest that limited access to tickets is putting people off following the country is simply laughable.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 04 Nov 2014 at 11:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 539>
  Share Topic