Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525526527528529 539>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by DubLife DubLife wrote:

How much of a discount used they get? 

I dont see anything wrong with them getting a slight discount seeing as theres 1200 odd in their club all getting ST's through them.
FAI were looking for 150 for the March package off them regardless if you were an adult or child.

there's discount and there's entitlement  - i suspect its the latter 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 10:51pm
IF the discounts were passed onto the members fair enough.

For example even €1 on thousands of tickets and loads of games adds up to a lot of money, now imagine it was €5, or €10 etc 

I have no idea how the club was run but this is what I'm inferring from the comments on this thread. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by DubLife DubLife wrote:

How much of a discount used they get? 

I dont see anything wrong with them getting a slight discount seeing as theres 1200 odd in their club all getting ST's through them.
FAI were looking for 150 for the March package off them regardless if you were an adult or child.
What they and only they had was a Delaney era ‘deal’. Sure its common knowledge that he asked them to move to premium to fill seats that his doomed Club Ireland sales scheme failed to do. Its also worth noting that it was members of this SC that opposed and tried to counter any protests against Delaney, with some of them even being put forward by JD to fight his battles on the likes of radio talk shows. 

I know lads in other SCs, and their clubs have all signed up to the new ticket regime months ago and had no issue with the level playing field for everyone. As NewryRep says above…its the latter and not the former..
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:25am
I suppose everyone cant be wrong.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:13am
They are probably still defending JD.

In their defence regarding the discounted tickets, for right or wrong they did a deal that on the back of they got probably an extra few hundred season ticket holders on board and locked in (family, friends, colleagues). So with the deal gone that is impactful to the recruiters. 

However, if there was a deal more readily available to all (e.g. buy 10 get discount for example) then I'm sure there are a lot of independent fans who could also recruit guaranteed season ticket holders too. I personally recruited 5 people to get the season tickets this year who wouldn't have been that motivated/bothered to seek out a season ticket and would have missed the boat if I hadn't had pushed them. I'm sure loads here the same. All fans should get same treatment. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 02 Feb 2023 at 9:22am
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:54am
Weren't they also the crowd who did us out of a fans' match v Austria a few years ago by organising their own game against them in Bray behind our backs (during the away trip in Vienna)? Unhappy
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:51am
Jd played with them on another trip . Lovely photo on their fb page and they were guests at his 50th in the KClub
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Jd played with them on another trip . Lovely photo on their fb page and they were guests at his 50th in the KClub

All 1200? no wonder we are bankrupt LOL
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:24pm
😂😂😂 not them all just 2/3 of the men in charge.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:44pm
Screen grabs of an email from them to various TDs. All I can say is, wow. The sense of entitlement is outrageous. Absolutely pathetic behaviour. Meanwhile, every other SC members have their STs secured months ago, amongst the record number of ST sales overall. 

I really hope the many decent members of that club who have been used as pawns manage to get sorted for the upcoming year and then get themselves sorted with their own accounts and the benefits that go with it when ST sales commence for 2024.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:38pm
Member of said club got me in a headlock before while taking a picture of his then partner dancing with a friend, said JD had asked him to look after her. There's a few lines on it on Champagne Football. 

He also brought them along to defend him the day a few of us met him in the pub in Stillorgan. 

Hate that it's fans divided but the entitlement is unreal, it's chickens coming home to roost for them propping thay prick up for so long. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:29pm
all fans are equal, some were more equal than others 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Member of said club got me in a headlock before while taking a picture of his then partner dancing with a friend, said JD had asked him to look after her. There's a few lines on it on Champagne Football. 

He also brought them along to defend him the day a few of us met him in the pub in Stillorgan

Hate that it's fans divided but the entitlement is unreal, it's chickens coming home to roost for them propping thay prick up for so long. 

Which was secretly recorded by them and then released to the media.

What does the confederate think of all this? Were they given special discounted ST's? Why was just one favorite S.C?

Edited by darmack - 02 Feb 2023 at 3:49pm
The dark side.. And the light
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

😂😂😂 not them all just 2/3 of the men in charge.

I gathered LOL
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

question to Leo from RBB yesterday - RBB obviously isn't very well informed about the less than egalitarian behaviour of those he is representing here: 

https://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2023-01-31a.32#g101

Perhaps someone from our mandate group might drop him an email with a primer on the situation?

Let me try and get this right their STs cost €235 and it was for the Premium Level? That couldnt be right surely..1200 of themConfused
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

question to Leo from RBB yesterday - RBB obviously isn't very well informed about the less than egalitarian behaviour of those he is representing here: 

https://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2023-01-31a.32#g101

Perhaps someone from our mandate group might drop him an email with a primer on the situation?

Let me try and get this right their STs cost €235 and it was for the Premium Level? That couldnt be right surely..1200 of themConfused

dont think in theory anybody has a problem with discount for  STH if you were buying a fair few geg  for a supporters clubs 

Be curious what the sliding scale ( I assume its a sliding scale ) of discount is available something along the lines of ?

No of STH Agreed Discount 

10-50 5 %
50-100 10%
100-500 15%
500+ 20%

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 4:47pm
I don’t agree with discounts like above. There are other ways to reward loyalty and numbers. These lads profess to be die hard yet have thrown a wobbler because they cant continue to deprive the cash strapped FAI of roughly half of whats owed for the category ticket they previously held and that was basically given away to them by the most corrupt fcuker to ever hold office in the FAI.

The ST is great value as proven already and represents a decent discount on single match. That should be the one and only perk on its price. The fact that it sold put and every other SC has signed up to waht was on offer speaks volumes about the reaction of Ballybrack.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 6:24pm
Did the FAI give them enough notice that they wouldn't be giving the same deal? Did members get a chance to move out of the premium and buy family tickets instead for example?

Or are there some stuck now without a ST (unless they pay 400 euro for the ST)?

Edited by t_rAndy - 02 Feb 2023 at 6:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525526527528529 539>
  Share Topic