You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 511512513514515 539>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

When will it ever end?.....the damage done by this man.  This week alone, we had almost daily news on yet more damage left behind.  

We found out a few days ago that 25 clubs in Kilkenny and 43 in Cork were promised €1.9million by the Great Leader who was throwing promised money around like confetti during the festival of football weeks a few years ago but none of these deserving clubs got a cent.  The FAI has promised clubs it will try and accommodate them.

Then we had the Gardai needing to be paid nearly €400,000 for policing at the Aviva from a number of years ago.

Now we have the ODCE wanting five more people to assist it in examining files seized the the FAI.

And all this is only from this week.  Unfortunately, Football in the this Country will take decades to recover, that is the legacy of John Delaney.  My fear is that the Pro Delaneyites will start to reemerge and criticize the present regime who are trying to clean up the mess.  Unfortunately the present regime while well intentioned in general has still some of the remnants of the JD era.

If Deleaney had been head of the GAA, most of this would never be public news and would be brushed under the carpet. Football in Ireland has little political power. The attacks on Delaney are actually often an attack on the game itself.
Sponsored Links

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 4:32pm
That's BS.

What happened with Delaney and the FAI wouldn't happen with the GAA. The GAA actually publish their accounts unlike Delaney. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

When will it ever end?.....the damage done by this man.  This week alone, we had almost daily news on yet more damage left behind.  

We found out a few days ago that 25 clubs in Kilkenny and 43 in Cork were promised €1.9million by the Great Leader who was throwing promised money around like confetti during the festival of football weeks a few years ago but none of these deserving clubs got a cent.  The FAI has promised clubs it will try and accommodate them.

Then we had the Gardai needing to be paid nearly €400,000 for policing at the Aviva from a number of years ago.

Now we have the ODCE wanting five more people to assist it in examining files seized the the FAI.

And all this is only from this week.  Unfortunately, Football in the this Country will take decades to recover, that is the legacy of John Delaney.  My fear is that the Pro Delaneyites will start to reemerge and criticize the present regime who are trying to clean up the mess.  Unfortunately the present regime while well intentioned in general has still some of the remnants of the JD era.

If Deleaney had been head of the GAA, most of this would never be public news and would be brushed under the carpet. Football in Ireland has little political power. The attacks on Delaney are actually often an attack on the game itself.
Get rid of AVFC of the forum posting absolute nonsense on every thread looking for a reaction. An attack on the game itselfLOLLOL
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 4:41pm
that post proves avfc is a a poor mans scientist.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

That's BS.

What happened with Delaney and the FAI wouldn't happen with the GAA. The GAA actually publish their accounts unlike Delaney. 
Really?????

I'm no Delaney fan BTW
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:04pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:55pm
AVFC is clearly wumming 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

AVFC is clearly wumming 
Your word is good enough for me. Have a week off AVFC. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

AVFC is clearly wumming 
ClapClapClap Everyone it’s safe to return to the Stephen Kenny thread now. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

AVFC is clearly wumming 
ClapClapClap Everyone it’s safe to return to the Stephen Kenny thread now. 

All of us ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 8:19pm
We’re gonna need a bigger boat
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 9:02pm

AVFC is clearly wumming 

I’m not saying he is.....

But in the Steve kenny thread he reminds me of a journo trying to stir it and trying to sway public opinion against him (or at least a journo may be the ring leader behind it). You can see the clear agenda with him.

Reminds me of when a few journalists tried to do similar in relation to drogheda united years ago, organised wumming on messageboards with clear agendas, etc 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

AVFC is clearly wumming 

But in the Steve kenny thread he reminds me of a journo trying to stir it and trying to sway public opinion against him (or at least a journo may be the ring leader behind it). You can see the clear agenda with him.

Reminds me of when a few journalists tried to do similar in relation to drogheda united years ago, organised wumming on messageboards with clear agendas, etc 
I don’t think its his first appearance on here under one guise or another. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 10:07pm

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

AVFC is clearly wumming 

I don’t think its his first appearance on here under one guise or another. 
And it probably won't be the last...Ermm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 1:51am
Very very concerning

I find this very very concerning. These are terms the FAI knew they had to abide by since September and really, last January when they signed the MOU. Why are the FAI still paying a second CEO? Is Hill not capable of rolling this out? If not, why was he appointed? 

This appears to be another squandering of monies by the FAI due to a poor governance structure and a cosying  up with certain individuals. I hope the mandate committee are more vocal going forward and addressing such concerns. Otherwise, I will be withdrawing support unfortunately. We need a strong fans group that doesn’t stand for rubbish like this. 
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 7:40am
The FAI has not changed at all since Delaney left. Still chancing their arm at every opportunity they can. 
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 1:07pm
Based on Champagne Football it is obvious in my opinion that John Delaney was only part of the problem. The FAI will continue to spend more money than they take in for years to come. They will be back to the Government, UEFA, and Bank of Ireland with the hand out again within a year or two. Meanwhile there will continue to be no money or plan to develop elite football properly in this country.
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

Based on Champagne Football it is obvious in my opinion that John Delaney was only part of the problem. The FAI will continue to spend more money than they take in for years to come. They will be back to the Government, UEFA, and Bank of Ireland with the hand out again within a year or two. Meanwhile there will continue to be no money or plan to develop elite football properly in this country.

In my opinion he is the major problem, and agree with the rest of your statement. Becauce of him we will have the hand out for years, and will continue to have no money for grassroots and elite football. He has ruined football for years. Sadly the new FAI will continue to pay the price for years. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 511512513514515 539>
  Share Topic