You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 499500501502503 539>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I'm still surprised no journo has tried to track him down in London

That assumes we have Journalists worthy of the name in this country.

They didnt exactly cover themselves in glory. The story literally landed on your mans desk.

Jesus the journalists were doing as much as they could. 

This for example was being written less than 2 months beforehand.

I’m not sure as to why JD got such cold feet over the €100k story and didn’t do what he did for years and mug off our politicians. Very strange. Maybe it was company law breach but again he could have thrown Breen under the bus on the disclosure requirements. The straw that broke the camels back was how Delaney handled it and the attempted injunction. Otherwise; we’d still be where we are I think. 
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:23pm
Post Dated cheques are a very Irish business culture from the 80s. Its actually illegal to write a post dated cheque.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I don't know do people remember in the john the Baptist doc when he was talking about running the bakery and how he'd write checks for the future and wasn't sure if they'd clear. It seems like that was the deal with the fai when the Aviva stadium ticket deal went tits up.

There were a number of people (probably a very small number) that actually took up a number of tickets at the inflated prices.

They then realised that there were people in their area who had been given wither free tickets or tickets that were heavily discounted. 
https://www.orourkeda.blog

orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

They didnt exactly cover themselves in glory. The story literally landed on your mans desk.

I’m not sure as to why JD got such cold feet over the €100k story and didn’t do what he did for years and mug off our politicians. Very strange. Maybe it was company law breach but again he could have thrown Breen under the bus on the disclosure requirements. The straw that broke the camels back was how Delaney handled it and the attempted injunction. Otherwise; we’d still be where we are I think. 

As I've said I probably overstated that a little but I still believe they could have done a little more

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:26pm
The Sky sports doc is even better than john the Baptist

Alan partridgeesque 
AKA pedantic kunt
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:28pm

We may not have heard of it yet but I dare say that it was almost inevitable that it would have broken anyway at some stage. That financial black hole was simply too big 

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:33pm

We may not have heard of it yet but I dare say that it was almost inevitable that it would have broken anyway at some stage. That financial black hole was simply too big 

A black hole that could well have been covered up by a large pandemic that happens 12 months later?
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:35pm

A black hole that could well have been covered up by a large pandemic that happens 12 months later?

But their revenues would have been decimated as well.

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:35pm
Anyone have any thoughts on whether Mike Ashley would have called in the 6.5m loan if Delaney was still there? I guess possibly rearranged the facility and he would have gotten more cash.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:36pm

See post on Sports Direct loam. This could have come again this year. Recognised as revenue etc. as done previously.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:37pm

Anyone have any thoughts on whether Mike Ashley would have called in the 6.5m loan if Delaney was still there? I guess possibly rearranged the facility and he would have gotten more cash.

Perhaps. I think its fair to say that Ashley would have  gotten the better side of the deal no matter what happened.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The Sky sports doc is even better than john the Baptist

Alan partridgeesque 

Think might still be on YouTube?
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:41pm

See post on Sports Direct loam. This could have come again this year. Recognised as revenue etc. as done previously.

Now that it has come to light surely that must constitute accounting fraud. I understand that it may not have been revealed if things had panned out differently but Mike Ashley had Delaney by the stones and he knew it.

He would have negotiated a deal that would have been hugely favourable to himself and not to the fai.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:16am

Here is what I wrote about that last week:

"As I understand it, 'The document left on my desk when I was out to lunch' is just a common journalistic device to put arms length between the journalist and his/her source - 'plausible deniability' if you like. 'The envelope pushed under my hotel door late last night' is another variant. In fact, the journalist often knows exactly who is behind it, indeed may have been cultivating/pursuing the source for some time.

This is especially important should the reporter be subpeona'd to appear in court and asked to reveal the source - he/she can plead ignorance. (Also helps if the informant has received a payment for blowing the whistle.)

Which is not in any way to criticise either journalist or informant - without it- there'd be far less exposure of the likes of Delaney and their carry-on."
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

"As I understand it, 'The document left on my desk when I was out to lunch' is just a common journalistic device to put arms length between the journalist and his/her source - 'plausible deniability' if you like. 'The envelope pushed under my hotel door late last night' is another variant. In fact, the journalist often knows exactly who is behind it, indeed may have been cultivating/pursuing the source for some time.

This is especially important should the reporter be subpeona'd to appear in court and asked to reveal the source - he/she can plead ignorance. (Also helps if the informant has received a payment for blowing the whistle.)

Which is not in any way to criticise either journalist or informant - without it- there'd be far less exposure of the likes of Delaney and their carry-on."

Exactly.. there is a reason Tighe got the tip off. Not a fluke. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Tighe knew exactly who the source was did he not mention in the book how he got a taxi out to meet the source at a secret location after some persuading to get the source to meet him incase they were found out?
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 4:56am
 in Australia here, would love to watch the show that was on last night, anyone know how I could? Not the best at getting shows etc On streams haha. Any help appreciated. 
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 7:27am
You should get it on Virgini Media Player site
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 499500501502503 539>
  Share Topic