Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:50pm
The sfa is not at fault , the fai ticket office is not at fault and the supporters clubs are not either.

John Delaney is the gaffer , what he says goes.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

If it becomes an sc vs. non sc shoot out now Delaney is laughing.

As Ive already said, divide and conquer !!!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:59pm
We need all supporters United on the Ticket Scheme That NR outlined to the FAI 18 months ago. If we don't it will be another group of Supporters even SC's who will get shafted next time.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:01pm
In the Mullingar Club yes. The Club might be 2 years old but a lot have been going since pre Charlton times. The Denmark friendly that was called off due to ice on the terraces I personally got a refund for 35 tickets
They way we allocate tickets is
ST 5 points every home game 1 point every away 1 point use club bus to 5/6 games 3 points.

All we organise for aways is tickets then members post the way they are travelling to games. This works best for us as members for different commitments with work and family.
I help run the Mullingar Club and will not discuss club allocation with members of this group until things calm down.I will gladly meet reps here from the 22nd of November onwards to try and improve relations between SCs and YBIG. I'm willing to travel to Dublin to meet up.
I agree ticketing is not ideal and this is something we can work on together and get some in place for the Poland home game to ensure this never happens again. I don't see why we can't work together a
even tough there is a lot of hatred or Jealously towards RISSCW and some of it very personal.
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:11pm
Good question personally I never even thought about it until now which seems crazy. I will look into seeing how we can get the word out maybe in the match programme and see if we can get national print media to do a piece I'm open to other suggestions. Like most of you we are regular Joe Soaps trying to get to as many games for as cheap as possible and mistakes will be made we will learn as we go along and hopefully improve the situation for all fans sooner rather than later
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:11pm
We are all supporters of the team Mullingar . YBIG has no gripe with SCs . None at all .

The more people that travel away the better . The simple point of it all is the FAI aren't willing to break down the figure of 1,700 . That's the dodgy part of the whole thing because it's ruined what should have been an enjoyable build up to a huge game. The fact that people who support the team are arguing with each other is an important one . They should be ashamed that Ireland fans are nit picking each other just because they are in a certain group . Absolute nonsense it is . The FAI have failed miserably here and they are to blame , no one else . Give us a transparent system where the most loyal fans , no matter what group they are attached to , are fairly rewarded for their efforts in supporting the team , it's not a lot to ask.

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:13pm
Request minutes from Gerry Read on who they all know
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:17pm
Jaysus , some bitching going on here . Who gives a f**k about SC getting tickets . They have a right to tickets aswell , Im not in a SC or travelling to many away games but if I want to start going to more away games then how am I suppose to get on the ladder to entitle me to away games ? I know people who have a history going to away games are more entitled to a ticket but at the same time others need be giving tickets aswell
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:21pm
Butch, you'd have gotten tickets to Germany and Georgia if you wanted to go. You'll also get tickets to Gibraltar so what's your point.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:22pm
The guarantee was made at first meeting pre Austria in March 2013. We had an AGM that afternoon and the only FAI employee there was Gerry Reardon whose idea this wad to bring clubs under the one umbrella.

The evening was Q & with Martin O Neill and music afterwards. John Delaney was there and only talked about football in the community.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Mullingar Mullingar wrote:

The guarantee was made at first meeting pre Austria in March 2013. We had an AGM that afternoon and the only FAI employee there was Gerry Reardon whose idea this wad to bring clubs under the one umbrella

There was no guarantee. I was there FFS and I think I would remember that considering I am not a SC member and would be up in arms if that happened
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:27pm
Agree
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Butch, you'd have gotten tickets to Germany and Georgia if you wanted to go. You'll also get tickets to Gibraltar so what's your point.

Point is if some lads just wanted to go to the Scotland game they would not get a ticket because they didn't have a good previous record . For some people they can not travel & Scotland is an easy destination as for Georgia it is more difficult for others . Germany yes there was tickets but at the same time there was more buying up & swapping on this site for tickets . A lot of people on here snapped up the tickets & didn't bother travelling to the game . I remember somebody commenting that there was some heap of tickets floating around
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Point is if some lads just wanted to go to the Scotland game they would not get a ticket because they didn't have a good previous record . For some people they can not travel & Scotland is an easy destination as for Georgia it is more difficult for others . Germany yes there was tickets but at the same time there was more buying up & swapping on this site for tickets . A lot of people on here snapped up the tickets & didn't bother travelling to the game . I remember somebody commenting that there was some heap of tickets floating around

If you want to start going to games do not pick the biggest game and easiest game and expect to get a ticket.  

My first away was Scotland actually but it as a friendly.  My second game happened to be Switzerland away which was a nightmare to get tickets and many loyal fans missed out. I was lucky and got tickets from the Swiss.  

But if I did not get a ticket I would have no right to complain.   If you are starting to go to games build up a good record by picking the games which are not as popular and are not over subscribed. 

If a game is over subscribed the FAI should have a system which rewards those that go to the games regularly. 

It is up to the FAI to put this into place and if a SC member is lucky enough to get a ticket for Scotland due to flaws in the FAI system and its his first time to an away game that is not his fault. It is the fault of the FAI pure and simple.  

The SC's do not have any questions to answer only to the their own members.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:39pm
I agree with some of what has been said here since the dreaded emails came out but an awful lot of it is pub talk and way off the mark.

1. yes we do need a fair and open ticketing system

2. We need to meet and then meet see what common ground we share which in fairness should be 95% of the time. Then meet with FAI reps re our joint proposals. As somebody rightly posted this cannot become a war of words between independent fans and SCS. Most SC members started out as independents.
3. I will not discuss a our away allocation with anyone.We have 71 Season Tickets but got nowhere near that for Scandinavian rightly so.
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:49pm
I could be wrong but did one of you or 2 of you not have to leave early netting ran way over time

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:52pm

I agree with some of what has been said here since the dreaded emails came out but an awful lot of it is pub talk and way off the mark.

1. yes we do need a fair and open ticketing system

2. We need to meet and then meet see what common ground we share which in fairness should be 95% of the time. Then meet with FAI reps re our joint proposals. As somebody rightly posted this cannot become a war of words between independent fans and SCS. Most SC members started out as independents.
3. I will not discuss a our away allocation with anyone.We have 71 Season Tickets but got nowhere near that for Scandinavian rightly so.
Whats That?Wink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:52pm

I could be wrong but did one of you or 2 of you not have to leave early netting ran way over time

I was there for the whole meeting and the drinks after. Cant recall whether Gerk was but dont recall him leaving early.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 539>
  Share Topic