You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 471472473474475 539>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:25am
The 10 year rule is really important. Even more so than the 6 + 6 split of the board. Having the same dinosaurs on the council will mean the same politics on the board
It's not me it's you:-)
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 10:24am
This is beyond a joke now. The game is on its knees and we have point scoring and faction fighting rather than moving on and sorting the mess left by jd who was given free rein to do as he pleased with no dissenting voices.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:26am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

This is beyond a joke now. The game is on its knees and we have point scoring and faction fighting rather than moving on and sorting the mess left by jd who was given free rein to do as he pleased with no dissenting voices.

Agreed. But Owens needs to step up now. If he is releasing statements he needs to be 100% sure he is correct because any mistake will be seized upon by the old boys brigade. 

Even if your in favour of the reforms, which i think most people on this thread are, you would have to be worried by the statement issued last night. Either the board was given a chance to approve the MOU in advance or it was not. Surely in a proper functioning board the members would have got Owens to correct the record rather than issuing their own statement.

In a funny sort of way I think this only emphasises the need for a clear out. I hope the government step in on the 10 year rule. That cannot be watered down.
It's not me it's you:-)
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:49am
The fact that this couldn't have been sorted in house shows the level of distrust and encampment between differing groups. Are we moving forward or backwards??
One fact is that if finance doesn't come into fai quick then they fooked. Also I'm a bit surprised not more postings on this forum about MoU vote as for me after JD departure its the most important issue in future of irish football. As I said before blazers have now their chance to show whats more important... the future of irish football or themselves. Owens and Quinn were worried that vote wouldn't carry so smartly changed to 10 year rule. 
Obviously the FAI is far from a happy football family with staff caught up in all the mess.

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 06 Aug 2020 at 11:49am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:51am
Anything to be said for hounding these dinosaurs protest style? Make it very uncomfortable for them. Although lets be honest here too, they still have support from a sizeable enough cohort of JDs fanboys.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 12:47pm
The sh*t show goes on. Its obviously poison within the FAI. Joke that the dirty laundry is being sorted out in public and not in house, or rather, just goes to show how far they are away from moving forward as a new FAI

Edited by t_rAndy - 06 Aug 2020 at 12:48pm
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Anything to be said for hounding these dinosaurs protest style? Make it very uncomfortable for them. Although lets be honest here too, they still have support from a sizeable enough cohort of JDs fanboys.

Can we throw cans are them from moving cars?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

We most certainly can
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 2:58pm
Red Cow this Friday there is a meeting, right?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Red Cow this Friday there is a meeting, right?

Red Cow tomorrow at 4. Will report back here afterwards or over the weekend. Total sh|tshow at the moment.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

What about Tennis Balls? I think they would get the message againLOL
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:14pm

Statement on behalf of Roy Barrett, Chairperson of The Board of the Football Association of Ireland
As chairperson of the Board of the Football Association of Ireland, I wish to highlight a number of facts around the Memorandum of Understanding with the Irish Government which I signed on behalf of the Association on January 30th last.

At a Board meeting of the FAI on January 28th, I updated my fellow directors on discussions with the various stakeholders and they mandated me to reach agreements with the Government, Bank of Ireland and UEFA on a financial package to secure the future of the Association.

Late on the evening of January 29th, I was furnished with a copy of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of Ireland and the Football Association of Ireland in respect of the restoration of funding and the provision of additional funding support to the FAI for the period 2020-2023.

On the morning of January 30th, I circulated the Memorandum of Understanding to my fellow Board members. Some expressed discontent with elements of the MoU via email but we had all previously accepted that the overriding need was to ensure the financial future of our Association. I subsequently had no hesitation in signing the MoU on behalf of the Association later that day.

The FAI released two statements (attached), both seen by the full Board, in support of the MoU that afternoon with quotes attributed to our President Gerry McAnaney and myself as chairperson of the Board of the FAI. Both statements welcomed the announcement of the Memorandum of Understanding by Minister Shane Ross and both the President and I thanked all involved in making the agreement possible. 

I also note a statement that day from Marc MacSharry TD, welcoming the agreement, calling it a fresh start for the Association and insisting that the conditions of the MoU must be adhered to https://www.fiannafail.ie/fai-deal-welcome-as-new-era-can-begin-for-irish-football-mac-sharry/

As we prepare for Friday’s Special Council meeting of the FAI, and for an EGM at the end of the month, it is vital that we don’t lose sight of the perilous financial situation that the Association was in last January and continues to face today. 

At this point it is imperative that we all work together as an Association to guarantee the funding becomes available to protect our game, our staff and football in Ireland. I look forward to discussing the MoU with Council on Friday and with our AGM members at our EGM on August 31st.

Whatever views people may have on the MoU, it has always been the case that the ultimate decision as to whether or not the MoU is agreed to and the funding is released, rests with voting members at the EGM.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:21pm
MacSharry is a snake, obviously got a spoke in with the blazers..

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:29pm
MacSharry the f**king weasel. Don't bet against some of these f**kers burning down the association rather than refrom 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:51pm
anyone who heard his performance on OTB this morning must realise what an ass clown this guy really is. Come September if this hasn't been ratified the banks, uefa and any other creditors are going to roll into abbotstown, shut the place down and sell off what ever assets the fai still own. Might be time to dust off one off one of those  official ybig statements. The lads on here helped to take down Delaney. Might be time to shine a light on macsh*t bag too.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:57pm
As much as he tried to insist he was non-partisan to both the "old guard" and the "new guard", it couldn't have come across any clearer that he is using his Dail privilege on behalf of the old guard. 

Couldn't give any other objection to the 6&6 split other than "improper governance", only being able to say "sure what other organisation has that many independent directors". Couldn't give one example about how he raised concern for the improper governance of the previous board.

A spoofer, and a snakey one at that.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:44pm
what’s the story with Cooke. Was he not lauded when he got involved. Although at this stage I’m not sure what’s what!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 10:36pm
It’s baffling what’s going on here. There’s more to it than meets the eye also. 

What is for sure; there seems to be a heave-ho against either one or all of Barrett, Owens and Quinn. I can’t see for the life of me what Barrett could have done in the normal course of business to piss them off - it’s not as if this is the only thing he does. My guess is that it’s the clique between the 3 of them that the Board aren’t comfortable with and will probably end with Owens and Quinn taking the high road in the near future. 

There is no doubt that the MOU will be approved on 31 August. They all know that and all elected Board members are therefore vying for re-election and 8 into 6 doesn’t go. If any one of them yesterday went out on their own and didn’t sign the statement; they may as well have resigned there and then. There is no particular love in with any of these from the newer Council members with less baggage. McAnaney doesn’t come out smelling like roses doing a big U turn and Barrett was happy to go down that road for whatever reason but these guys all have other priorities and know Council will not heed this when the time comes.

None of this would fill you with confidence but what’s new?  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 471472473474475 539>
  Share Topic