Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 415416417418419 539>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

What happened Rea Walshe? Is she gone off thr board?

That was John Delaney in a costume.  Can't believe you fell for thatLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 11:43pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:34am
So negotiations with banks not going too well then. Ross would want to be careful enough how far he decides to push the FAI, its one thing refusing them funding, he has the right to do so, but what we aren't seeing is any actual plan or leadership from either the Govt or Sport Ireland on what is a calamitous issue which will likely shortly result in staff job losses and possibly start affecting various representative teams. 

In fact, beyond the desire to immediately appoint independent directors, they haven't even suggested a direction for the FAI to go in (other than fcuk off away from here). I think its a dangerous limbo, because if the FAI do obtain short term funding from elsewhere (UEFA maybe), they are unlikely to take on too many other Government suggestions.  Rightly or wrongly, as there's only so many times the new board will decide they're quite OK with being humiliated repeatedly, for no particular reason other than tis politically easy for the politicians to do so. Appointing independent directors, even by tomorrow, isn't going to solve much of the immediate financial issue, which presumably is what the FAI are concerned with in the short term. 

On the other hand, if the Govt do think there is a possibility of winding up the FAI or the FAI going bust, this is a massive opportunity to put in place whatever reforms they see fit, complete with terms & conditions attached, so it looks like an opportunity missed too. The Govt itself and Minister will likely change somewhere between Feb & May next year, might not be hard to imagine we get a better Minister than Ross, but tis equally likely we get a worse one. 

The way its looking, the next FAI board meeting won't be a public one, it will be a private one with the IRFU to see how amenable they are to buying half a stadium at a knock down price. Surely the Govt/Sport Ireland should be advising on things like this, where decisions taken today will affect the future of football for decades rather than doing the same shoulder shrugging they have been at for the last 15 years and pretending JD/FAI were doing a great job. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:46am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Rumour : Denis O Brien lined up employment in London for the bluffer who Denis reckoned could run FIFA ?? 
Anyone else hear this ??

I heard it a couple of weeks ago. Don't know how true it is but it would have been handy for him going to the Chelsea game if he was already working in London. LOL
Let Christy Take It.
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:20am

Rumour : Denis O Brien lined up employment in London for the bluffer who Denis reckoned could run FIFA ?? 
Anyone else hear this ??
I didn't hear it but I'm not surprised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhTMK9BemU 

lest ANYONE FORGET who considered JD the great man these people adored in this video.

DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Utterly utterly unbelievable stuff, except in Ireland.

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:33am
Grown every business run

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:19am
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

Anyone else hear this ??
I didn't hear it but I'm not surprised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhTMK9BemU 

lest ANYONE FORGET who considered JD the great man these people adored in this video.

DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Utterly utterly unbelievable stuff, except in Ireland.

I got as far as 6mins in,I cannot physically stomach the rest atm.

Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:20am
Catherine Murphy on Morning Ireland saying the FAI debt could be up to 80 million Euro, it's worse it's getting.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

Catherine Murphy on Morning Ireland saying the FAI debt could be up to 80 million Euro, it's worse it's getting.

55m in end of 2018 books. 15m UEFA loan. 8m loss in 2018 so can  probably expect similar for 2019. There's your 80m roughly. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

55m in end of 2018 books. 15m UEFA loan. 8m loss in 2018 so can  probably expect similar for 2019. There's your 80m roughly. 

What has the loan from UEFA been used for? has any of it been used to pay off debts owed this year?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

What has the loan from UEFA been used for? has any of it been used to pay off debts owed this year?

I was under the impression it was for to keep the association going on a day to day basis.  
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:38am
80million. Unf**king believable - where has it gone John?

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:02am
the UEFA money is cash flow to keep wages and bills paid . Ross is loving this but could make a total f**k of it if he’s not very careful. 
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:26am
Its a rock and a hard place.The government is reluctant to give funding with the board still in place which is understandable considering the backlash it would cause with an impending election.We are in the hole for 70m year ending 2018.God knows what of figure we are looking at today and Ross knows this.Funding at this stage,is to keep the FAI afloat which I dont believe he wants to do.Its like throwing buns to a bear,the 30m requested isn't quite gonna cut is it.I would be very cautious in guaranteeing any loans
on behalf of the fai to the banks.Too much water under the bridge in that respect in this country.
Bust. 

Edited by fochie - 17 Dec 2019 at 10:35am
opa01 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:58am
Nurtured growth...... Sevenfold.

Of debt????
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:09am
Originally posted by opa01 opa01 wrote:

Nurtured growth...... Sevenfold.

Of debt????
Nah think he means his bank accounts
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:13am
Is he been actively investigated for misappropriating of funds or such like by Gardai or CAB or has the fcker got away Scott free ?

Edited by daithi - 17 Dec 2019 at 11:14am
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:30am
their investigations are ongoing and as far as I know they have knocked on at least 2 former directors doors already !!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 415416417418419 539>
  Share Topic