Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 408409410411412 539>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:57pm
What do you want Hans? You just keep posting the same stuff over and over again. If everyone just says that you’re right, will that satisfy you?

There’s no new points being made. It’s just post after post of ranting.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:18pm
I think Bob's point is that it's easy to be outraged and vocal about it yet, when the main man was in charge, nothing was actively being done to change things.

The point seems to be that there are plenty coming out criticising Delaney after the horse has bolted but did little enough when Delaney was in charge and is implicitly contrasting it with what plenty of others on here and off here were doing: protesting, organising, coming up with a mandate for change, getting people to sign up to it, engaging with the FAI on foot of that mandate, and trying to effect change, but without being compromised by involvement with the FAI, and avoiding what otherwise appears to be empty criticism or what could easily be dismissed by the FAI as hurling from the ditch.

That seemed to me to be the basis of the question but I could be wrong. It does come across that it could be an ad hominem attack but it doesn't seem to be the most egregious example; it's not awful to ask someone to show what they did when Delaney was in charge.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:24pm
Rumours in schoolboy football circles that the national u13 & 15 leagues will be scrapped to save costs. Anywan hear anything?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Rumours in schoolboy football circles that the national u13 & 15 leagues will be scrapped to save costs. Anywan hear anything?

Would be typical fai given its a success story
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Would be typical fai given its a success story

The SFAI aren't supporting it as it weakens their power, influence and potential for making money. They're lookint to ban any players who play in the underage LOI from the Kennedy Cup. They've refused to move to summer soccer despite the consistent cancellations due to bad weather during the winter. They hate the concept. 

Personally I think that 13s is too young to be going to LOI (or elite football full stop)and the concept is flawed at present becuase of the 2 year age gap. They'd have been better off bridging one of those gaps from the 15s up instead of introducing the 13s but that's a different argument.  
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:28pm
Should never have introduced u13s.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I think Bob's point is that it's easy to be outraged and vocal about it yet, when the main man was in charge, nothing was actively being done to change things.

The point seems to be that there are plenty coming out criticising Delaney after the horse has bolted but did little enough when Delaney was in charge and is implicitly contrasting it with what plenty of others on here and off here were doing: protesting, organising, coming up with a mandate for change, getting people to sign up to it, engaging with the FAI on foot of that mandate, and trying to effect change, but without being compromised by involvement with the FAI, and avoiding what otherwise appears to be empty criticism or what could easily be dismissed by the FAI as hurling from the ditch.

That seemed to me to be the basis of the question but I could be wrong. It does come across that it could be an ad hominem attack but it doesn't seem to be the most egregious example; it's not awful to ask someone to show what they did when Delaney was in charge.

That's fair enough. My issue being very few have any idea what I or others have or haven't done regards removing Delaney from the FAI. Tbh, I just think it's a really strange line to go down, especially when the FAI are burning to the ground. It is a forum after all, is the whole point not debate and discussion? 

I think my comment today was fair. I was just mentioning the FAIs no show  at the Oireachtas and how little has changed imo. I would like to see them gone at this stage. I think the pay off to Delaney was the last disgusting financial act of a despicable organization. I hope a new organisation comes in in the next year or 2 and Irish football really gets to ground zero and starts to move forward.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

What do you want Hans? You just keep posting the same stuff over and over again. If everyone just says that you’re right, will that satisfy you?

There’s no new points being made. It’s just post after post of ranting.

Meh tbh. If that's what you take from mine and others input on this thread today. Meh.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 10 Dec 2019 at 8:40pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:03pm
To be honest I have no issue with the FAI not turning up at the Oireachtas meeting tomorrow.

Paul.Cooke, and whoever else is now running the FAI, are better served in meeting their bank etc and trying to finalise their new banking arrangements. They are crucial at the moment, far more important than an opportunity for a group of politicians to grandstand. 

Need to make sure the show is kept on road and job losses are limited as much as possible,, will be plenty of time.in new year for enquiries and blame games
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

To be honest I have no issue with the FAI not turning up at the Oireachtas meeting tomorrow.

Paul.Cooke, and whoever else is now running the FAI, are better served in meeting their bank etc and trying to finalise their new banking arrangements. They are crucial at the moment, far more important than an opportunity for a group of politicians to grandstand. 

Need to make sure the show is kept on road and job losses are limited as much as possible,, will be plenty of time.in new year for enquiries and blame games

I immediately thought of Rangers trying to fix their accounts and this sketch 

El Puto Amo
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:37pm

Yeah some of the committee members when they speak about the topic I find they are spoofing. Looking to ask questions on less important issues. None of the other bodies asked to appear before them bothered show up either. 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:42pm
FAI to be rebranded as Confederation of Irish Football 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

FAI to be rebranded as Confederation of Irish Football 

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:00pm
Me thinks it need something a tad stronger than CIF pal
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:13pm

Can't agree. What possible benefit is it to Irish football to try repay that debt? Start again as a new company, hopefully the government step in with a direct contract scheme to the coaches, everyone else who ever worked directly for them is a part of the problem. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:18pm
The proposed Oireachtas committee appearance was mainly for the benefit of politicians gearing up for an election next year. Highly unlikely a single different question would be asked to the ones that were asked by the media last Thursday. Just different people asking the questions and hoping to get their heads on the 6-1 news to remind constituents who they are. Equally unlikely that anything has changed re the FAI's appalling finances since last Thursday. 

Minister already wasn't going, neither were Sport Ireland, all this would have been was a charade. In the current climate and entirely because of the FAI's own behaviour previously, some will equate accountability to being at the beck and call of politicians to appear before them and justify their existence, it isn't. They are better off working on their refinancing (if that proves possible, which it may not- but one way or another, that issue will have to be settled definitively) and getting on with the appointment of their independent directors than providing some backbenchers with air time. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:22pm
FAI refinancing exclusive photo courtesy of an inside source

Image result for broken piggy bank
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:23pm
looks like  Earley is stepping down which means the old board is effectively gone now. The council still needs to be sorted as a lot of jd’s gravy train buddies are still there. 
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 408409410411412 539>
  Share Topic