You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 397398399400401 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:51pm
Also, when we hear today, "we're 55m in debt", this time last year anyone reading the report knew we were 22m in debt, when we really were 57m in debt, and are now 55m in debt, so no financial damage done in the past 12 months.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:58pm
I thought we were on sound financial footing when we could now pay the wages of the management team on our own after DOB pulled out?

That's what I was led to believe
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:00pm
They've 1,250 in Prize Bonds  LOL

Favorite line in it: "There were no bridging loans provided to the Associateion by the Chief Executive Officer in 2018." - Thanks for clarifying that
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I thought we were on sound financial footing when we could now pay the wages of the management team on our own after DOB pulled out?

That's what I was led to believe

Apparently DOB's fortunes have taken a turn for the worse, I heard it on Eamonn Dunphy's podcast. 

He won't be subsidising any manager wages in future, I can tell ye that.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Also, when we hear today, "we're 55m in debt", this time last year anyone reading the report knew we were 22m in debt, when we really were 57m in debt, and are now 55m in debt, so no financial damage done in the past 12 months.

Eh uefa have funded them upward 15m this year alone, so I'd imagine plenty of financial damage. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:51pm
I think john just needed one more year to turn things around.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 9:08pm
 Another sponsor raises concerns over FAI crisis

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I see crisc clubs finally waking up . Wonder if them ,co 88 , Ballybrack etc . Liked the cake at jds birthday 

Out of interest who in Class of 88 was at the party?  I didn't make the invite list and none of the committee were there.  

I'm only going by social media as a well known fan was there not that there is anything wrong in attending a birthday party.   

I'm assuming you just missed the cut as well.  Big smileBig smileBig smile
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 9:46pm
Nobody in the FAI seems to think it's strange that his pay off was worth more than the league and cup champions' prize money. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 9:58pm

Went through the figures there with the wife who's an Accountant, they basically had the wrong numbers for 2017. They've redone those numbers in the report.

On the Profit and Loss account (which shows what went in and out that year), originally they thought they made 2m profit that year, but actually made 2m loss. "Admin Expenses" were understated (were quoted at 11m rather than 15m).

Then on the balance sheet (which shows what the position at the end of the year, what you have in the bank, what you owe etc), there's a line to show how much you need to repay in the next 12 months (would have been 2018). When they did the figures first they told us they had 21m due, when it actually was 64m. That extra 43m was a bank loan, in the category amount you need to repay more than 12 months away. So sounds like sometime in 2018, they realised they had to repay the bank loan a lot sooner than they realised.

Did they give any detail today as to why the bank loan was changed (or what it was for?)

Poor mrs shedite was expecting a nice Friday evening of a possible meal and a glass of wine and maybe a bit of oral pleasure. Instead she gets “will you take a look at the fai’s finances there for the lads in ybig. 
AKA pedantic kunt
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:02pm
LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:04pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Went through the figures there with the wife who's an Accountant, they basically had the wrong numbers for 2017. They've redone those numbers in the report.

On the Profit and Loss account (which shows what went in and out that year), originally they thought they made 2m profit that year, but actually made 2m loss. "Admin Expenses" were understated (were quoted at 11m rather than 15m).

Then on the balance sheet (which shows what the position at the end of the year, what you have in the bank, what you owe etc), there's a line to show how much you need to repay in the next 12 months (would have been 2018). When they did the figures first they told us they had 21m due, when it actually was 64m. That extra 43m was a bank loan, in the category amount you need to repay more than 12 months away. So sounds like sometime in 2018, they realised they had to repay the bank loan a lot sooner than they realised.

Did they give any detail today as to why the bank loan was changed (or what it was for?)

Poor mrs shedite was expecting a nice Friday evening of a possible meal and a glass of wine and maybe a bit of oral pleasure. Instead she gets “will you take a look at the fai’s finances there for the lads in ybig. 

She got a 69 earlier

Then realised it was only 55 million they owed. Didn't add her figures correctly.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
cinelli View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:09pm
The accounts show the average salaries were 66k in 2018.
We are told that a substantial number of admin staff are on relatively low salaries so there must a good few high earners (apart from Delaney himself).
One wonders what a certain former failed international under-age "manager" is receiving in the cushy number set up for him.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:53pm
Hard not to come to the conclusion the whole thing needs to be wrapped up. Sport Ireland should disband the current FAI and leave the current board there as a kind of a shadow operation to see out the playoffs and/or Euros, but make it clear to all sponsors/affiliates/UEFA that this is a wind down operation and what remains is just to see out those campaigns and those of the various Irish representative teams. Government steps in & funds them separately, like they seem to have done with the womens team. 

If UEFA get on board, great, if they don't fcuk them. Announce new FAI under new name, sell the stadium back to the IRFU for whatever they can get, invite applications for a slimmed down board, only those with professional business related qualifications that never had anything to do with JD's operation need apply. 

Announce this as the new governing body, then announce new structure for all affiliated leagues, councils and representatives-  again, slimmed down, and again, recommend that only those with suitable qualifications will qualify for places on councils. The likes of 'hear no evil, see no evil' Mr Earley should also be allowed apply, but there should be a rule that says the new main board can reject applicants/representatives if deemed unsuitable by new board. So if the schoolboys sector see fit to nominate him again, or the lads in Kerry district league elect their hero, the board can say 'No thanks, now fcuk off and elect someone else, otherwise no funding for a decade' They'd get the message fairly quick, money talks. 

I think its gone well beyond desires to implement change, to a stage where change must be forced, whatever the short term cost. Even the short term cost is unlikely to reach €55 million. And that's only the 2018 accounts remember, the 2019 accounts are yet to come. Probably nothing too mad in them other than some expensive away trips and another overpaid manager, but only the very brave would predict a profitable year. 

Disband or at least disaffiliate all SCs from anything to do with the new FAI. I'd accept they didn't cause the problem, but Jesus some of the social media posts today are sickening in their hypocrisy. Expressing sympathy for the ordinary FAI staff (fair enough in itself, I think we all feel the same) but zero acknowledgement of the fact they wouldn't raise even the mildest of criticism of the great leader when he was supplying them with the all important match tickets, access to the players lounge, invites to the AGM, providing selfie opportunities with players, invites to the Euro draw etc. Load of absolute bollix. 

55 million bonus points for the first SC to publically admit their actions in tacitly supporting the Delaney regime were completely self serving. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Another sponsor raises concerns over FAI crisis

The way the domestic game was being mismanaged has been clear for years. Airtricity are jumping on the bandwagon here to pull out at this time. 
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:28pm
Having supported our team for around 50 years I’ve seen some bad times with the FAI but the current mess reaches a new low.
Desie is right, we need to start again. Reform will not happen quickly enough with guys like Early still on the board or anyone who had any connection with the FAI at board of council level previously.

Despite being a ST holder and regular away traveler my interest in the rest of this euro campaign is zero.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:04am
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

Having supported our team for around 50 years I’ve seen some bad times with the FAI but the current mess reaches a new low.
Desie is right, we need to start again. Reform will not happen quickly enough with guys like Early still on the board or anyone who had any connection with the FAI at board of council level previously.

Despite being a ST holder and regular away traveler my interest in the rest of this euro campaign is zero.

I take your point but I think we have distinguish between our team and the incompetent clowns who administer football. I will never stop supporting the lads who wear the shirt. They are us and we are them. That includes  buying a ST ( not as a support for the FAI but as a saving on the cost of attending every game, which we do anyway). 

As for the FAI, the board and the Council have betrayed Irish football. Nobody who sat on the discredited board should ever be involved again. Either they went along with this sh1t or were too stupid (there is some evidence of this) to see what was going on. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 397398399400401 539>
  Share Topic