You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 539>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Had a guy involved in football down here telling me to f**k off and mind my own business as I know f**k all about grassroots football when I shared the article on facebook lastnight.. the problem runs much deeper than the top level of the FAI

100% on that. The local FAI reps around the country have had their palms greased for years. Have heard some stuff about the one around this end of the country. They are all very quiet now, which says a lot. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 29 Nov 2019 at 2:55pm
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 3:52pm
nobody who served on the board of the fai or Council under Delaney can hide behind the I didn’t know excuse. Anyone that dealt with jd back as far as the shafting of Bernard O’Byrne knew exactly what he was at .

Edited by gufct - 29 Nov 2019 at 3:53pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
cinelli View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 7:33pm
Any idea who took on the poisoned chalice of auditing the 2018 accounts?

These accounts should have been filed with the Companies office by now and  FAI Ltd could be struck off for non-filing.

Deloitte were auditors from 1997 to 2017 and even though they belatedly reported the FAI for not keeping proper books of account they (Deloitte) must have questions to answer as to how they signed off on the accounts up to 2017.
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Just drags the sorry mess out even further, the other reports due (forgot how many more of them exactly, Mazars and the ODCE are 2, but there's at least one or 2 more) probably won't be published either as they will probably have to go to the Gardai as either corroborating or contrasting evidence, while anyone named in the report and charged with anything by the Gardai will also have their legal teams get copies of all of them. 

Something will leak somewhere (if not this report, then one of the other ones) and then persons named in report ''won't be able to get a fair trial'' if charged with anything. We'll probably end up with a tribunal, or an FAI undertaking to implement the findings of one or all of the reports (same as they implemented Genesis) and nothing much will happen other than maybe certain persons being barred from being company directors for a period. 

Any good news ? Well, I don't think it is a massive stretch of the imagination to think that some persons named in the report may not not employed by the FAI any longer. Which means those persons might have to spend their own money on any legal defence, rather than the FAI's money. That's probably the only positive to come out of it that I can see. 

I agree with all this. My take is the same. 

We are looking at two potential outcomes:
1. One of the reports gets leaked (there's little chance now they will be made public) and any defendant will get off on the 'unfair trial/already judged in the court of public opinion' argument.

2. The reports are kept private, and if a trial ever comes to court, the 'defendant' will hire the best and most expensive legal team and no prosecution will follow.

The only positive of this whole sorry mess is that the old guard MIGHT be swept out. Wouldn't be too sure about that, but any argument about continuity is nonsense. Get rid of them all, install a totally new board and executive. There are plenty of able and talented people here and abroad who could run the FAI. You don't need any link with the past. The past is just poisonous.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 12:06pm
Would or do many really want the CEO FAI job ?? The way the association is financially and with definite job cuts not so far away my guess is no. Unfortunately football in this country is going to take a serious hit in the next few years or longer. 
If we had or do qualify for Euro 2020 it would help but looks like that's another dead duck. It's horrible to see the game you love being brought to it's knees and maybe ankles by greed. 
I just hope whoever was involved in this "greed" pays for it.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 12:07pm
The questions that still need to be answered in FAI reports as Council member suggests little has changed

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/the-questions-that-still-need-to-be-answered-in-fai-reports-as-council-member-suggests-little-has-changed-38737009.html

The silence from ybig and crisc is deafening time to distance ourselves from fai until any link with the past is removed.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 12:16pm
Tommy maybe I'm wrong but things did and have improved since Mooney took over. I think we were going in right direction but now he's gone it may go backwards once again. Definitely full clear out at top table needed to start a full re build
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:20am
What improvements has Mooney made, of his own accord?
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 9:05am
Mooney is a waste of space.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

He unblocked me from the FAi twitter account! 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:14am
time’s reporting another breach of Company Law today where the FAI paid €69k for Delaneys 50th party. He repaid €50k so €19k was funded by the FAI. All should’ve been disclosed in the accounts. This is on top of the Times reporting a few months ago that FAI staff were involved in the organisation of the party

Imagine having an ego to justify that for your own 50th LOL
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:29am
ah now he invited powerful people in UEFA  over  to it wined and dined them to  help with Euro bid
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 11:46am
the euros were sorted at that stage just pure vanity.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:04pm
Certain prominent Irish supporters were in attendance at his 50th. Perhaps they could provide some context...
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 1:39pm
lots of supporters of the great man and Dunphy and Giles!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

He unblocked me from the FAi twitter account! 

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

lots of supporters of the great man and Dunphy and Giles!
To easy Tommy.
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:33am
Foley not taking over as interim CEO

Total shambles Bill 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 539>
  Share Topic