Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 539>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:55pm
You are consistently making out as if you cannot fire someone for 6 months plus. It is utter nonsense.

There is a reason that John Delaney is on gardening leave. If there were any proof of gross misconduct, of course John Delaney could be fired in a far quicker timeframe than 6 months to a year later.

Are we to believe that there is no evidence of gross misconduct? That it is taking up to year to find such evidence? 

Your logic is utterly bizarre. Are you saying that any person being fired in a company will get 6 months plus gardening leave, fully paid, before any action is taken against them? What world are lads living is where this is happening?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 9:22am
If he was to be sacked now, and won his case in an unfair dismissal claim, the FAI could be on the hook for a lot more than the €360k per year, to the end of his contract. He would argue that his future earnings have been affected by the bad publicity of his sacking!

If he is found to have been fraudulent, do the FAI have any chance of recovering any of the payments they made to him?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 9:29am
At least the FAIL haven't had to pay any of his girlfriends lately for a change 

Edited by Saint Tom - 28 Sep 2019 at 9:29am
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:27pm
If he’s charged with anything his bank accounts could be frozen at a certain level.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

At least the FAIL haven't had to pay any of his girlfriends lately for a change 
You have to be careful dismissing the gardeners too! 
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:13pm
Resigned with immediate effect lads.

Edited by eboue16 - 28 Sep 2019 at 11:14pm
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:16pm
Will get notice and pension obligations as agreed between the two parties 
AKA pedantic kunt
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:17pm
Yyyyeeeeesssssss!!!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:23pm
Something smells funny here
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:24pm
Great news but seems very odd.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I'm trying to translate that bit. What I've come up with is; 

''I'll bog you down in expensive litigation for years, or ye could settle now. I don't wan't my full entitlements, but I do want XXX amount''. 

FAI, being broke & reliant on UEFA for cash (wouldn't be surprised if they had an input, even an informal one) - ''Aye, probably the least expensive way out, and makes us look like we have resolved the issue, away you go so''.

The other possibility is that Delaney has seen some initial report findings and realised he could be in even more bother by sticking around, so he bailed out. My money's on option one though. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:26pm
As always, the FAI statement leaves you asking more questions than the details provided. 

"Certain notice and pension obligations as agreed between the parties" is the line that sticks out. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:29pm
The timing so that it won't come up front page news in tomorrow's papers LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:29pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:38pm

Despicable stuff if they've settled with him. The FAI are the sh*t on the shoe of this country.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:41pm
Mark Tighe Clap
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

I'm trying to translate that bit. What I've come up with is; 

''I'll bog you down in expensive litigation for years, or ye could settle now. I don't wan't my full entitlements, but I do want XXX amount''. 

FAI, being broke & reliant on UEFA for cash (wouldn't be surprised if they had an input, even an informal one) - ''Aye, probably the least expensive way out, and makes us look like we have resolved the issue, away you go so''.

The other possibility is that Delaney has seen some initial report findings and realised he could be in even more bother by sticking around, so he bailed out. My money's on option one though. 

Either way, good riddance to him. Like many others here, I often wondered would we ever get rid of him as he survived one controversial incident after another - now the day has finally arrived. ClapParty
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The timing so that it won't come up front page news in tomorrow's papers LOL
The Irish Times Clap were running with the story that he was on his way out, the “new” fai obviously saw it and sped the announcement up 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 539>
  Share Topic