Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 359360361362363 539>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Has anyone seen the media watchdog job advertised? 

Kerr, it's like something from the Soviet era LOL LOL

We have a good one in Mooney. Media watchdog. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Kerr has let himself down badly here. 

A - He went public with private emails
B - It seems he has taken it up all wrong
It’s very strange. 
Kerr, Mooney & his wife and Paul Doolin were all together in Dalymount a few weeks back. Seemed on reasonable terms 

First of all, why should Kerr give Mooney the time of day? Mooney has been allies with John Delaney for years, was part of the FAI not too long after Kerr was gotten rid of.

This runs far than just a lad asking Kerr if he's interested in a job. I wouldn't blame Kerr for one second for slapping down anyone from the old FAI regime trying now to pander to him. This is still the old FAI, no doubt about that. I strongly believe that if there was a proper clear out of the FAI as there should be (Mooney should be nowhere near the place either), that Kerr would be receptive to some sort of role with them.

Btw, I take the point about the private email. This though is the FAI we are talking about. Are people actually going to talk about proper ethics regarding that f*cking poisonous lot.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 12:43pm

We have a good one in Mooney. Media watchdog. The more things change the more they stay the same.

It’s very strange. 
Kerr, Mooney & his wife and Paul Doolin were all together in Dalymount a few weeks back. Seemed on reasonable terms 

I think Kerr has let his bitterness get the better of him. 
Although he is right to be bitter about his disgraceful treatment in the past, it seems he was offered the chance to discuss coming on board and being part of reform. 
Instead he took something way out of context and tried to make headlines. 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 12:44pm

It’s very strange. 

I think Kerr has let his bitterness get the better of him. 
Although he is right to be bitter about his disgraceful treatment in the past, it seems he was offered the chance to discuss coming on board and being part of reform. 
Instead he took something way out of context and tried to make headlines. 

Reform? Seriously?

Under Mooney and Conway? Ah lads cop on ffs
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 2:05pm

It’s very strange. 

First of all, why should Kerr give Mooney the time of day? Mooney has been allies with John Delaney for years, was part of the FAI not too long after Kerr was gotten rid of.

This runs far than just a lad asking Kerr if he's interested in a job. I wouldn't blame Kerr for one second for slapping down anyone from the old FAI regime trying now to pander to him. This is still the old FAI, no doubt about that. I strongly believe that if there was a proper clear out of the FAI as there should be (Mooney should be nowhere near the place either), that Kerr would be receptive to some sort of role with them.

Btw, I take the point about the private email. This though is the FAI we are talking about. Are people actually going to talk about proper ethics regarding that f*cking poisonous lot.
Have a day off will ya ffs. 
That’s all conjecture and has little to do with what GerK or myself posted 

Edited by 9fingers - 30 Aug 2019 at 2:06pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 2:11pm

It’s very strange. 

Have a day off will ya ffs. 
That’s all conjecture and has little to do with what GerK or myself posted 

So me saying Kerr won't go near the FAI as long as the likes of Mooney Conway and any of the old guard are still there is conjecture.

Yet Gerk posting that Kerr is bitter about his treatment by the FAI and that's why he won't get back involved is not conjecture?

I tip my cap to you sir.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 2:37pm
LOL  I see this lollipop is still at it on every thread
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 3:11pm

Why would the FAI or Mooney be looking to fund a 'media watchdog'? Of all people, I thought that this would have been particularly concerning to you. And they didn't deny the use of that term.

What Kerr did or didn't do is beside the point. This thread is about the FAI

Edited by Pipkin - 30 Aug 2019 at 3:12pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 3:28pm

Why would the FAI or Mooney be looking to fund a 'media watchdog'? Of all people, I thought that this would have been particularly concerning to you. And they didn't deny the use of that term.

Kerr was never asked to be a media watchdog

Edited by The GerK - 30 Aug 2019 at 3:30pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 3:33pm
What is a media watchdog?

Esther Rantzen?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 3:39pm

Kerr was never asked to be a media watchdog

Says who, Cathal Dervan? 

It's one man's word against another and I know neither so I am not going to cast judgment on who is bluffing but the salient point here is that the FAI didn't deny that the term was used which would have been very easy.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 4:45pm
Nope. 
I can categorically tell you that he was never asked that and I would hope Kerr clarifies this soon.

Aside from that, you honestly think Kerr would be asked to join the FAI to read papers?

What's more realistic. That or Kerr totally misinterpreted the real question?

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 5:14pm
Bad form from Kerr alright. Bitterness will get you nowhere.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 6:01pm
Kerr and Niall Quinn over the past week have done a great job of highlighting that the FAI are still a farce of an organization. It's the same old heads running the show, the same lads who have bankrupted football in this country, and Kerr and Quinn will go nowhere near this lot.

Hilarious to see lads on here having pops at Kerr.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 6:20pm

Kerr and Niall Quinn over the past week have done a great job of highlighting that the FAI are still a farce of an organization. It's the same old heads running the show, the same lads who have bankrupted football in this country, and Kerr and Quinn will go nowhere near this lot.

What's hilarious is that some people jump on one side of a debate simply because who is on that side.
Brian Kerr can be criticised for doing wrong as much as he.can ne praised for doing right.
In this case, he didn't do the right thing. 
He made a headline out of a private email chat by putting out false information. 
That doesn't help anyone. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 6:33pm

Calling out Kerr for silly behavior does not equate to a) supporting the FAI or b) or erasing his past in rightly calling for change. 

And as for the Quinn, there’s a reason the LOI clubs aren’t going near him and his ideas 

Edited by 9fingers - 30 Aug 2019 at 6:34pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 6:36pm

[QUOTE=Hans Moleman]Kerr and Niall Quinn over the past week have done a great job of highlighting that the FAI are still a farce of an organization. It's the same old heads running the show, the same lads who have bankrupted football in this country, and Kerr and Quinn will go nowhere near this lot.

Calling out Kerr for silly behavior does not equate to a) supporting the FAI or b) or erasing his past in rightly calling for change. 

And as for the Quinn, there’s a reason the LOI clubs aren’t going near him and his ideas 

[/QUOTE

Exactly.  By all accounts Quinn's plan lacked substance
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 6:43pm
Does communication through email get special privilege or something? It was obviously a private email, but it was Kerr's decision to disclose or not as he was a party involved.  If Kerr had a private conversation face to face with Mooney and disclosed the details of that, would that be as bad? There seems to a strange fixation on the email aspect of these communicationd Kerr had.

Kerr is perfectly entitled to disclose anything regarding his own personal dealings, is he not? Would there be a journalist employed on the planet if no details of private conversations were ever disclosed?

You and others are really making a fuss of Kerr disclosing details of a conversation involving himself. You mention bias, but it seems clear to me that the bias in the few comments made here is clearly against Kerr.

This is all singing and dancing around some ludicrous privacy notion. The gist of what has happened here is that Kerr is publicly communicating that he wouldn't go near the FAI as it is. That is great stuff from Kerr imo. Just like Quinn saying similar in the last few days. The more it is highlighted that the FAI has not changed, that the same incompetent people are running the show, the better. Well played Kerr and Quinn Clap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 9:16pm
Bad form from OTB

Disappointing standards shown by last night. They allow John Giles to read a prepared statement on air and agree not to ask him one single question. Statement attacked ST but no opportunity given to us to respond. Then they post the statement up as a story.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 359360361362363 539>
  Share Topic