You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 539>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Giles on Off the Ball claimed he fell out with Martin a number of years ago and had nothing to do with the Foundation.

So why was he being paid ...

This is exactly the problem when it comes to removing individuals off the payroll. There could genuinely be 20 long investigations that need to be completed before all answers are available to the public.

In the meantime what happens? The FAI pay John Delaney until every single issue is cleared up? I'd say Delaney is p*ssing himself laughing still getting paid huge sums of money months later. Has he pocketed 100-150 grand now since he's been on gardening leave? That is disgusting.

Yes it’s a disaster Irish football is still paying for him but he is living in hiding, has rarely been seen in 4 months and can’t even communicate with anyone in the place where he worked for 20 years. This is a man who craved attention and back patting. It’s an existence, not a life the last 4 months
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 9:44pm
Can I have his existence? 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Can I have his existence? 

Count me in 2 ffs LOL

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:48pm

Giles on Off the Ball claimed he fell out with Martin a number of years ago and had nothing to do with the Foundation.

So why was he being paid ...
Also claims CM had nothing to ever do with the Golf Classic... 

The above says different.. Ermm

Edited by ShamtheRam - 29 Aug 2019 at 10:49pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 11:23pm
Couldn’t help but laugh at Noel Mooney over on that group on Facebook replying to posts after being on twitter yesterday. Expect to see him on here tomorrow or maybe it’s instagrams turn first.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 6:44am

Tom Humphries is a very different case though. There are very few cases like what is going on in the FAI currently.

Btw, by implicated what I meant is somebody was signing off on payments here, there and everywhere. Whether that was illegal on their part or unethical or whatever, I'm happy to wait and see about other parties at the FAI and where a trail might end.

From everything that has been leaked, and no doubt there's way more going on that we haven't a clue about, I simply don't see how John Delaney is still being paid. They, like any employer, surely only need 1 serious breach of contract to dismiss an employee. Of course all boxes should be ticked. Of course all i's should be dotted and t's crossed. There is no way that it should take this long though, with all of the information the FAI have at hand. Remember, they have huge amounts of this info themselves.

Again, I'll go back to 1 single strand. Susan Keegan. That payment made. Who ordered the payment and on what grounds? Susan Keegan denies ever seeing that money, knows nothing about it. There are hundreds of issues that could lead to a sacking for FAI personnel here. Imo, to be paying 30k a month in such circumstances is scandalous.

Btw, feel free to edit or delete any posts if they are stepping overboard. I don't think they should be though as all of this has been leaked by Mark Tighe from the FAIs own minutes.

Agree on everything but this is a complex issue with very high stakes. 
Like it or not, Delaney is entitled to fair process.
We don't know the smaller details. He could be on 'stress leave', he may not be playing ball, he may be digging his heels in behind a lawyer.

Certainly, another six months or so I may change opinion. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 7:07am
Again not sure how all this legal stuff works but it kind of reminds me of the time Saddam . Now he murdered thousands , but instead of trying to prove all the cases they went for one where he killed 13 , got him for that one only and hung him .
Could the same be had with JD, pick one out where all trail lead to his involvement and nail him for that one only cut off the payments and then go for the rest later ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Again not sure how all this legal stuff works but it kind of reminds me of the time Saddam . Now he murdered thousands , but instead of trying to prove all the cases they went for one where he killed 13 , got him for that one only and hung him .
Could the same be had with JD, pick one out where all trail lead to his involvement and nail him for that one only cut off the payments and then go for the rest later ?

Please don't care Saddam and John Delaney. Its very unfair on Saddam
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 8:36am
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Any streakers among yiz? Bit of body art alluding to the Fai and JD on the front and a W on each cheek of your arse. That’ll make the papers.

I nominate greenforever
At least you could get a lot more letters on his arse cheeks
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 9:30am

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/soccer/kerr-rejected-mooneys-offer-to-become-fais-media-watchdog-947168.html

For f*ck's sake. Mooney coming across as a gobsh*te of the highest order.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 9:48am
If an organisation is so dysfunctional that if puts no real constraints on its CEO, and pretty much anything goes, it is going to have a problem showing how he has misbehaved.  Frustrating as it is, the various processes have to take their course. The most interesting will be the ODCE investigation as the potential consequences for individuals are more serious and incompetence is no defence.  
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:01am

Has anyone seen the media watchdog job advertised? 

Kerr, it's like something from the Soviet era LOL LOL

We have a good one in Mooney. Media watchdog. The more things change the more they stay the same.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:22am
Quote Noel, from his seat three rows back from me at a St Patrick’s Athletic game last month, said he was disappointed that I wasn’t going to the presentations by Niall Quinn and Kieran Lucid to League of Ireland clubs. I said I wasn’t available

Hadn't even got the decency to get up out of his seat ffs LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 12:15pm

We have a good one in Mooney. Media watchdog. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Kerr has let himself down badly here. 

A - He went public with private emails
B - It seems he has taken it up all wrong
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Have to agree 100% here with you GerK. Reading between the lines it seem Mooney was trying to make peace with Kerr, Kerr also turned down an invitation to participate in some capacity at the u17's euros. Anyway a private email should have remained private. While personally I don't have much time for Kerr, I respect what he has achieved in the game even if much of his success with the Irish underage teams was with a real golden generation. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 12:22pm
''In response, the FAI last night issued the following statement: “The FAI can confirm that general manager Noel Mooney recently made contact with Brian Kerr – after they had met briefly at a League of Ireland game - in an effort to bring Brian back into the football family.''

The 'football family'.  The most annoying term I think I have ever heard.  Fook off.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

It’s very strange. 
Kerr, Mooney & his wife and Paul Doolin were all together in Dalymount a few weeks back. Seemed on reasonable terms 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 539>
  Share Topic