You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 347348349350351 539>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

What a pair of hero’s ClapLOL

You’re the real hero HeartHeart
Lads dreaming that their money doesn’t make a difference to a corrupt institution who were nearly bankrupted when the government pulled 3mill LOL 
I understand lads want to support the team but look at the bigger picture for jaysus sake 

Unfortunately most will whinge in pubs, on social media and on forums like this - but at the end of the day if they’re contributing to the coffers of the fai, they’re contributing to the problem. So empty words as far as I’m concerned.

Nothing will change until the fai feel the hit from supporters financially 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

What a pair of hero’s ClapLOL

You’re the real hero HeartHeart
Lads dreaming that their money doesn’t make a difference to a corrupt institution who were nearly bankrupted when the government pulled 3mill LOL 
I understand lads want to support the team but look at the bigger picture for jaysus sake 

Unfortunately most will whinge in pubs, on social media and on forums like this - but at the end of the day if they’re contributing to the coffers of the fai, they’re contributing to the problem. So empty words as far as I’m concerned.

Nothing will change until the fai feel the hit from supporters financially 
After all that has come out the last few months, anyone that thinks a few supporters staying away from Lansdowne will change anything. And arguments with other fans that don't have that mindset won't turn their opinion.

The only way that a boycott will make any difference is if there is a united stance taken from all fans; i.e. CRISC, YBIG and the independent supporters clubs choose a match to boycott and they drive a media campaign. That is the height of it but won't happen as there isn't the hunger for it.

All power to those who protest in other ways inside the ground. Whoever orchestrated the tennis ball protest sublimely did a hell of a lot more for Irish football than me or you sitting on bar stools that night.

Edited by Pipkin - 11 Aug 2019 at 7:42pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:47pm

Your protests in dalymount really makes a difference ClapClap
Is not giving the fai money a protest? 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:12pm

No it’s not because plenty of other SUPPORTERS will attend in your place rendering your absence fckin futile and irrelevant, you want to make yourself out to be some sort of crusader that’s fine ( do you do away games ?) but as pipkin alluded to its better to be seen to be doing something that is noticed in the stadium than some handful of hard done by LOI fans patting themselves on the back for not supporting their national team because they believe their few quid is absolutely vital to the association
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:17pm

No it’s not because plenty of other SUPPORTERS will attend in your place rendering your absence fckin futile and irrelevant, you want to make yourself out to be some sort of crusader that’s fine ( do you do away games ?) but as pipkin alluded to its better to be seen to be doing something that is noticed in the stadium than some handful of hard done by LOI fans patting themselves on the back for not supporting their national team because they believe their few quid is absolutely vital to the association
When did I make myself out to be a crusader? 
I don’t want to give the fai money so I don’t, it’s that simple for me. I do understand lads want to support the team, but I struggle when people can’t see the link between financing the fai and the fai misusing funds. 

Edited by 9fingers - 11 Aug 2019 at 8:22pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:25pm

I don’t want to give the fai money so I don’t. 
And that is your choice fingers, if you feel better off not supporting the team and actually doing nothing but say you are not giving them money fine, again do you do away games ? The king is dead and this chapter is soon to be closed and hopefully all the culprits will be fcked out which I think they will, one thing is for sure we all want the same outcome I am not busting your balls I just don’t think it is achieving what you would like to think it is Thumbs Up
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:44pm

And that is your choice fingers, if you feel better off not supporting the team and actually doing nothing but say you are not giving them money fine, again do you do away games ? The king is dead and this chapter is soon to be closed and hopefully all the culprits will be fcked out which I think they will, one thing is for sure we all want the same outcome I am not busting your balls I just don’t think it is achieving what you would like to think it is Thumbs Up
1 person won’t make a difference, but there’s plenty of fans in a similar position I’d imagine. I emailed McGlue after the America game in 2015 and told him to get f**ked over how fans were being treated. That was it for me, now with all the stories coming out I’m glad I haven’t given them a penny. 
I haven’t done an away since late 2017 for money/family reasons sadly 

Edit; and I’ve been blocked by the FAI on all social media since LOL

Edited by 9fingers - 11 Aug 2019 at 8:48pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 10:06pm
LOL
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 11:13pm
I cannot see a situation where I will boycott the team I have loved all my life. It is just not going to happen, in spite of the FAI. 

The difficulty with boycotts is than nobody can tell the difference between a genuine Ireland supporter who is taking a stand and some lazy w****r who would rather watch it in the pub while wearing his EPL club jersey.  

As things stand, the supporters don’t really need to do anything. The combination of media and politics is tearing the FAI down far more effectively than boycotts or tennis balls.  Let it happen.  

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:22am
I think the best attack now is to continue to protest and be seen at the matches. Let them know that the fans are still not happy. 
Tennis ball protest did so much good and something similar vs. Switzerland will keep the pressure on the FAI and the media to report on it
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

All your season tickets paying for this ClapClap 

I'm delighted I haven't given these clowns a cent for a number of years now. 

Until supporters do something worthwhile, nothing will change - holding protest banners or throwing tennis balls while at the same time financially supporting the disgraceful regime is not worthwhile.

Stop financially supporting the fai - until enough people stop, nothing is going to change going forward 

110%

this is what ybig should be doing and promoting. Boycott everything FAI and attend away games only.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 12:16pm

1 person won’t make a difference, but there’s plenty of fans in a similar position I’d imagine. I emailed McGlue after the America game in 2015 and told him to get f**ked over how fans were being treated. That was it for me, now with all the stories coming out I’m glad I haven’t given them a penny. 

Arguing with someone from Abbotstown, he probably blocked you on their social media pages as well LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Arguing with someone from Abbotstown, he probably blocked you on their social media pages as well LOL
Jaysus foreskin I am really under your skin LOL still at the oul abbotstown shoite LOL
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:39pm
Lads take your childish argument somewhere else. Any protest inside the ground should be one that doesn’t draw the fai a fine.

Donal Conway has said he doesn’t object to protests so get people recording the searches at the entrance to the singing section and  any confiscations that happen.

The mandate committee should contact the fai to notify them of the protest and tell them that any clampdown will be highlighted on social media. We hold the high ground don’t let one fool blow that . Just remember what one clown on here gave jd an excuse over cyber bullying to dodge a bullet nearly 5 years ago.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 6:52pm
Really thought that this upheaval was the beginning of a new beginning.  It will take at least two decades to recover from the destruction imposed on our beautiful game by JDFAI but better to start now but it seems that there is still a lot of sh*te still to come out and every few weeks new revelations are coming out so it is quite clear that many on the board and Council obviously know a lot more that they have been letting on so Board and Council must now be got rid of in its entirety. 

So the protests need to be reactivated to rid our game of the cronies of JD.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Lads take your childish argument somewhere else. Any protest inside the ground should be one that doesn’t draw the fai a fine.

Donal Conway has said he doesn’t object to protests so get people recording the searches at the entrance to the singing section and  any confiscations that happen.

The mandate committee should contact the fai to notify them of the protest and tell them that any clampdown will be highlighted on social media. We hold the high ground don’t let one fool blow that . Just remember what one clown on here gave jd an excuse over cyber bullying to dodge a bullet nearly 5 years ago.
2 questions, 1) who’s the fool that will blow it and 2) who’s the clown involved in cyber bully gate ?
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 7:23pm
The cyber bullying was utter bullsh*t. F*ck all in it, but a beautiful play by JD and his football family to deflect from the scandalous behaviour of himself and the FAI at the time. Of course, this being Ireland, most fell hook line and sinker for it. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 12 Aug 2019 at 7:23pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:02pm
Lads, let's remember where the real issues are here. Fans arguing with each other over how they individually protest is pointless and a waste of time. The vast majority of us want the same thing but may go different ways about it. It's not a contest. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 347348349350351 539>
  Share Topic