You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 539>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

2 JD supporters been drafted in to clear up the mess created by JD. You couldn't script it, although perhaps you could

What's gonna come first on all this, a documentary, a mini series, a film or a sitcom
Neither - anyone who approaches a tv/movie company with a series of events like this at the FAI can expect to be chased out of the office for presenting them with something so ridiculous and far-fetched. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 1:14pm
The Legacy of JD...Stadium will be paid off between 2025 and 2030.  The €8 to €10 million funding from Uefa will have to be repaid.

So very little money will be invested in grassroots and development over the next decade at least which will have grave implications for decades after.

The Legacy of JD has left our game in a dire situation. Yet there are people around the country who still think he was the Messiah but the Cult of Personality works like that.

Edited by ontheball - 19 May 2019 at 1:36pm
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 1:40pm
I think they will push up season ticket costs significantly which i dont think anyone would argue that they have been brilliant value for money in recent years
royal rover
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

I think they will push up season ticket costs significantly which i dont think anyone would argue that they have been brilliant value for money in recent years

You'll probably find there'd be a large number against an increase but I agree with you they've been excellent value and given how the coming years season ticket has 2 big home qualifiers and potentially playoffs an increase could be justified.

Certainly been value for money for myself anyway 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

You'll probably find there'd be a large number against an increase but I agree with you they've been excellent value and given how the coming years season ticket has 2 big home qualifiers and potentially playoffs an increase could be justified.

Certainly been value for money for myself anyway 

They might increase the prices for certain seats, whether with recategorisation of certain seats or an increase in the number of categories. I'd be surprised if they kept the same model but just increased the prices.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:08pm
Value for money is subjective. The quality of football has been appalling and  recently, up to 10,000 other spectators have been there on a free ticket.

Buying a season ticket again for next season will be a tough enough decision given the recent revelations, putting the price up will make it an easier decision.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Value for money is subjective. The quality of football has been appalling and  recently, up to 10,000 other spectators have been there on a free ticket.

Buying a season ticket again for next season will be a tough enough decision given the recent revelations, putting the price up will make it an easier decision.
Well for me it's value for money as I go to every game regardless. So €160 per season instead of 50 per game. Pays for itself.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:03pm
So the ST holders will be asked to pay more for the ticket to make up for the free loaders, fck that
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoco Santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:47pm

Well for me it's value for money as I go to every game regardless. So €160 per season instead of 50 per game. Pays for itself.

Its not 50e a ticket for Gibraltar, nor the friendlies v Bulgaria/New Zealand. 

The only way they can try to justify a price increase next year would be to package it as increasing your chances of picking up a ticket for the Euro 2020 games...

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

Its not 50e a ticket for Gibraltar, nor the friendlies v Bulgaria/New Zealand. 

The only way they can try to justify a price increase next year would be to package it as increasing your chances of picking up a ticket for the Euro 2020 games...

50 Is an average. For Gibraltar It's 45 for where my season tickets are. Parts of the stadium are 65 so yes it is over €50 in parts and nearly 50 in others.

They won't do that. Its technically an away tournament. Those with away records will get priority and then you would assume all other season ticket holders 

Edited by wanderer - 19 May 2019 at 6:22pm
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoco Santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:38pm
Fair enough on your ticket but they will advertise season tickets as increasing your chances of getting Euro 2020 tickets. Like they currently do - priority on tournament tickets is one of the benefits currently listed. I'm sure they will push this point more next year as having a season ticket will give you priority over someone without one. (Even though its unlikely to get you a ticket)
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

Fair enough on your ticket but they will advertise season tickets as increasing your chances of getting Euro 2020 tickets. Like they currently do - priority on tournament tickets is one of the benefits currently listed. I'm sure they will push this point more next year as having a season ticket will give you priority over someone without one. (Even though its unlikely to get you a ticket)
100% agree they'll say it'll give you priority when realistically it won't get you near a ticket as you say. If we qualify you'll need a season ticket and away record.

Alot of people going to feel hard done by if we get through. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:36pm
Noel Mooney confirmed as acting CEO more or less (his role is described as General Manager for Football practices and partnerships) with Walshe moving back to  being COO. Mooney will go back to UEFA on 30th November

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 May 2019 at 9:38pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:18pm
From 1 clusterfck to another really
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:06am
Don't know anything about the man, but the fact he referenced JD as doing a great job at a recent AGM should ring alarm bells. Unfortunately, I suppose Uefa's ''interference'' rules and the fact they are loaning the FAI 8-10 million means that they are going to have one of their men (or women, if they have any) on site anyway, if it wasn't Mooney, it would be someone else. 

What would worry me though is there are striking similarities with this and how JD got the job in the first place, he went from treasurer to ''interim'' CEO in a time of crisis, and used that time to put his people in place to ensure he got the job permanently later on. If Mooney has designs on the job permanently, he can also use the time to persuade the right people that he's the man for the job, and effectively it then becomes another FAI insider job rather than a proper process. 

Maybe Sport Ireland will be on top of it, but wouldn't be holding out too much hope on that either. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Polug View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 2:24am

https://twitter.com/BennyDlk/status/1130215518147883008https://twitter.com/BennyDlk/status/1130215518147883008https://twitter.com/BennyDlk/status/1130215518147883008http://https://twitter.com/BennyDlk/status/1130215215049619025921

Edited by Polug - 20 May 2019 at 2:42am
Polug View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 2:45am
https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/1129425639633817601

With Mooney and Walsh, who would have thought Pat Dolan could have predicted the future again.
https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/1129425639633817601https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/1129425639633817601
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:07am
I wonder how many posts on Mooneys hair transplant will appear here As well as his hair transplant advert on Sunday World :) Mooney a good guy but has too many connections to FAI power brokers so big worries there !!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 539>
  Share Topic