You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:51pm
I got a picture with him in Budapest in 2012 and think that tweet is fair enough. I got sucked into his personality cult, his accessibility at away ganes and the occasional free pint, like many others. The whole thing blinded many, myself included, to his shambolic running of the FAI, should have been able to look past the veneer to see what was going on.

How an administrator managed to get the public to see himself as a celebrity I don't know but we fell for it and we all do own a bit of the debacle.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

• Reading about the FAI's finances and jobs that may be lost, every clown who ever posed for a selfie with John Delaney owns a little piece of this debacle

That's a bit much. I had my picture taken with a lot of people, including JD after the N Ireland game in the Nations Cup thingy...I didn't know at the time the crap that the w**ker was getting up to. I don't consider years of FAI mis-management to be my fault though

I’m not one to point the finger but everything that’s wrong with Irish football is entirely your fault DangerHere.  
    El Puto Amo
    seanyshuffler View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton
    PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:52pm

• Reading about the FAI's finances and jobs that may be lost, every clown who ever posed for a selfie with John Delaney owns a little piece of this debacle

That's a bit much. I had my picture taken with a lot of people, including JD after the N Ireland game in the Nations Cup thingy...I didn't know at the time the crap that the w**ker was getting up to. I don't consider years of FAI mis-management to be my fault though

Why would you want to get a picture taken with an administrator? Confused Would you look for a photo off the CEO of Morgan McKinley or some other company?

I think what the tweet above refers to is that things such as the above feeds an ego, which by the looks of things is after doing a lot of damage to Irish football. 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:59pm
    Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I’m not one to point the finger but everything that’s wrong with Irish football is entirely your fault DangerHere.  

LOL
    Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
    gufct View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton
    Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:05pm
    All those free pints were on the back of volunteers and the lower ranked employees in the Fai who couldn’t even apply for expenses. I see there are 3 meetings for the board today will they all be applying for 3 different sets of expenses and viaticum that was the norm during jd’s reign ???

Edited by gufct - 15 May 2019 at 3:11pm
    One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
    DangerHere View Drop Down
    Liam Brady
    Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:07pm
    Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Why would you want to get a picture taken with an administrator? Confused Would you look for a photo off the CEO of Morgan McKinley or some other company?

I think what the tweet above refers to is that things such as the above feeds an ego, which by the looks of things is after doing a lot of damage to Irish football. 

I got a picture with him because I had been having a back an forward with him over email about what I thought was wrong with how things are done at Lansdowne Road for match day. He talked openly and frankly with me about things I said or ideas I suggested...agreed with me on some, disagreed on others. He then invited me into the players bar in the stadium after the game where I was delighted to meet Liam Lawrence, Sean St. Ledger, Robbie Keane, Shay Given, Kevin Moran, Keith Andrews, Damien Delaney and got my jersey signed. A little while later JD came in so I went to thank him for the experience, and my bro took a photo of us. Simple as that really
    DangerHere View Drop Down
    Liam Brady
    Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:08pm
    Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

LOLLOLLOL Well I did warn you all I was dangerous...it's right there in the name
    Hans Moleman View Drop Down
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane
    Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:55pm
    I always found it odd that fans thought that when JD was buying them cans on a train or handing them complimentary tickets that they believed this was somehow coming out of his very own pocket. Every little stroke that JD has pulled over the past decade or so has come at a cost to grassroots football, staff at the FAI etc. It has never, ever come at JD own personal expense. Amazing how many got sucked in by this shyster.

I'm surprised that the FAI is still liquid tbh. It's clear as day that they've been robbing Peter to pay Paul in all of their bank accounts. Accounts that should be ring fenced for LOI prize money, UEFA monies for grassroots development, Sport Ireland monies for grassroots development, all of these have been plundered to pay JD wages, JD trips to the Ritz Carlton etc. over the past few years. Gross negligence at best across the board in the FAI. 

If the FAI could not meet it's day to day payments, it would be a disaster (especially for the 200 or so FAI staff), but if they went to the wall it could be a chance for a clean start. A whole new organisation set up from scratch. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and jobs aren't lost, but as things stand there are a whole load of other chancers in the FAI fighting to hang onto whatever position they can get on a new FAI board. It's a desperate scenario. With the structures below the FAI in need of total overhaul also, it's almost impossible to see these same chancers being on a board and doing what really needs doing from top to bottom of the organisation.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
    heighway2heaven View Drop Down
    Ray Houghton
    Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:10pm
    I must be the only gobshíte ever to buy the fúcker a drink.

The one time I was ever properly in his immediate company, he asked everyone if they wanted a Jager Bomb, realised he had no money, then asked me if I'd pay for the round LOL

I wonder where the credit card was then.. Shocked

Edited by heighway2heaven - 15 May 2019 at 4:10pm
    http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:11pm
    Yeah had "no money" poor aul H2H stumps up the cash no problem. Getting stung by JD LOL
    Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

9fingers View Drop Down
    Paul McGrath
    Paul McGrath
    Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:15pm
    Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

I must be the only gobshíte ever to buy the fúcker a drink.

The one time I was ever properly in his immediate company, he asked everyone if they wanted a Jager Bomb, realised he had no money, then asked me if I'd pay for the round LOL

I wonder where the credit card was then.. Shocked

LOLLOLLOL Classic 
    heighway2heaven View Drop Down
    Ray Houghton
    Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:16pm

Yeah had "no money" poor aul H2H stumps up the cash no problem. Getting stung by JD LOL

Image result for wallet inspector gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
    nvidic View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:31pm
    Latest FAI statement basically saying UEFA are keeping them afloat, not good.
    OohAah... View Drop Down
    Ray Houghton
    Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:31pm
    The scale of the disaster could be huge here

An organisation essentially with massive debt and a very scarce budget, now has mounting audit costs, legal costs and still a MASSIVE salary bill (with 2 Million to add to it). I can not see how they wont go bankrupt and default on loans, wages. 

If the FAI have pursued legal route with regarding any of the audits or investigations and are burning up money then those who instigated it should be thrown out and put in the same boat as the previous in****ent.

Its into the abyss. I don't see hope

The cost of that man is tantamount to Rupert Murdock. the cost of the damage that has been done is unquantifiable at the moment. The sheer scale is frightening. The non monitory cost in terms of motivation and feel good around Irish football and international image is unquantifiable. 

Who knows where this abyss could end, the FAI may cease to exist. Organisation of competitions, support for clubs could actually cease to exist.

Any maybe it should. And Irish football starts again

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:38pm
    Glad this is all coming out now. And will be glad to get back to Lansdowne again. Pity it wasn’t 5 years ago though. The FAI were on the ropes then before their divide and conquer approach swayed some.

Edited by BabbsBalls - 15 May 2019 at 4:40pm
    l hear you are a racist now, father ?
    gufct View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton
    Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:41pm
    The Fai really are taking the biscuit with that statement. We’re ok fifa and Uefa will bail us out nothing to see here.
    One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:41pm
    Can see a scenario where the 50% of Lansdowne is offered to to the IRFU  to get money into the coffers and we're back as tenants again ahead of schedule 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 15 May 2019 at 4:41pm

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:46pm
    Not a hope Dinny.

Debt free by 2020 Clap
    l hear you are a racist now, father ?
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 539>
      Share Topic