You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 266267268269270 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

See, the counter-argument is that if the tickets weren't given away, they wouldn't have been sold. Whether you buy that or not is another thing, of course.

This is what will be argued but what will be ignored is that those tickets were effectively used to buy loyalty and support.

Regardless, shows how low the team has fallen in the eyes of the public we can sell so few general admission tickets to qualifiers. 
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:48pm
Fergus O'Dowd calling for a forensic audit by an outside agency

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:51pm

See, the counter-argument is that if the tickets weren't given away, they wouldn't have been sold. Whether you buy that or not is another thing, of course.

Fair point. But even if we had only sold half of those tickets at the most, it's still a good chunk of lost revenue.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Fair point. But even if we had only sold half of those tickets at the most, it's still a good chunk of lost revenue.

made up perhaps by earnings perhaps in the stadium ? 

of all the stuff being quoted here giving a load of tickets that wouldn't have sold anyway to schools is far from the worst. i think the team really appreciated the atmosphere at the Georgia game 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

This is what will be argued but what will be ignored is that those tickets were effectively used to buy loyalty and support.

Regardless, shows how low the team has fallen in the eyes of the public we can sell so few general admission tickets to qualifiers. 

Not purely the team.  Many people who love the team have stayed away for other reasons.  That may change and they may come back. 
AKA pedantic kunt
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:56pm

We wouldn't have sold half but we definitely would have sold some so your point still stands. Considering so few are already paying a boycott would actually hurt the FAI quite badly especially if the ST holders do it. 

The summer games will be crucial. If people lose faith in qualifying attendances will plummet. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

of all the stuff being quoted here giving a load of tickets that wouldn't have sold anyway to schools is far from the worst. i think the team really appreciated the atmosphere at the Georgia game 

FAI and IRFU don't make much from that afaik 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

FAI and IRFU don't make much from that afaik 

the must have merchandise and programs at least 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

It's hard not to think that something is a wry with the notable silence.
Surely if/when he moves he couldn't be entitled to any pay off?
Also would any of this be considered fraudulent activity that could lead to jail time for all involved. Not the legal type at all, but surely using government issued funds for your own personal use must be highly illegal.
I'd imagine if his employers were happy with his practices, then he'd be entitled to compensation. 

Surely after the last few weeks the employers couldn't be seen to be happy with him or his practices

Or am I being incredibly naive
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:04pm
Giving away free tickets makes sense if the FAI taught they would not be sold, it’s the money they spend on beer and food that will make up for it. If they all spend €5 each that’s €40,000 just enough to keep Delaney in Tommy Hilfiger for another 6 months.
ACTHUNG BABY View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTHUNG BABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:05pm

Sure they are only pissing off the season tkt holders handing out free tkts , yes they want to fill the stadium , long term paying fans will walk away..

Edited by ACTHUNG BABY - 15 Apr 2019 at 3:06pm
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:07pm
Have seen Delaney close up and how important power and being in power circle is. If anyone thinks he is going to walk away from UEFA and Irish football they are in my opinion very wrong. There's scheming going on somewhere and saving his UEFA move is paramount to him. If he stays within UEFA then 17s finals have to be targeted without directly effecting football. He needs to be out of our sight for good. Ugly Me Feiner 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Giving away free tickets makes sense if the FAI taught they would not be sold, it’s the money they spend on beer and food that will make up for it. If they all spend €5 each that’s €40,000 just enough to keep Delaney in Tommy Hilfiger for another 6 months.
don’t they outsource the catering though? So spending on food etc would have zero impact.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:09pm
Your talking about over €1m in lost revenue to save face and stifle debate about why the sales were so bad . It goes with the territo  for jd and condoning fraud.

Makes complete fools of  fans who buy season tickets or ordinary tickets.

Edited by gufct - 15 Apr 2019 at 3:11pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

don’t they outsource the catering though? So spending on food etc would have zero impact.

It is outsourced but afaik they have to make up any deficit if targets aren't met.

For example FAI/IRFU (as they too have to do this) provide catering company with the projected sales then the catering company uses this to estimate the staff and products they require.

If projected sales (i.e cover their cost) aren't made from what is provided to them then they aren't expected to take a loss

Edited by lassassinblanc - 15 Apr 2019 at 3:25pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Your talking about over €1m in lost revenue to save face and stifle debate about why the sales were so bad . It goes with thevterrito for jd and condoning fraud.

It's not lost revenue if they wouldn't have been sold either way. Which they wouldn't have been. 

Our hardcore is only 20 odd thousand and always has been. 17k v Brazil in 87. 28k v Luxembourg in a vital Euro 88 qualifier. Final game v Bulgaria that campaign had less than 40k iirc. Big Italia 90 bandwagon before capacity went down to 33k in 92.

That's not condoning it btw and it's another thing to keep the story going but let's keep our eye on the ball. There's nothing to stop him doing this and he can argue valid reasons why he did. Lots of bigger stuff to raise questions on. 

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Your talking about over €1m in lost revenue to save face and stifle debate about why the sales were so bad . It goes with thevterrito for jd and condoning fraud.

It's not lost revenue if they wouldn't have been sold either way. Which they wouldn't have been. 

Our hardcore is only 20 odd thousand and always has been. 17k v Brazil in 87. 28k v Luxembourg in a vital Euro 88 qualifier. Final game v Bulgaria that campaign had less than 40k iirc. Big Italia 90 bandwagon before capacity went down to 33k in 92.

That's not condoning it btw and it's another thing to keep the story going but let's keep our eye on the ball. There's nothing to stop him doing this and he can argue valid reasons why he did. Lots of bigger stuff to raise questions on. 

deffo 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

That Troy fella is from Mullingar. Maybe Missy is a trojan horse and has been giving Troy the inside line on Delaney all along.

Troy is from Ballynacarrigy a village of about  10 interbred  families. Fight with one your fighting the  whole village. A pathological liar. According to him An Post lost at least 5 speeding summons on at least 5 different occasions and his crony  of a judge no doubt appointed by FF  believed him.

All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 266267268269270 539>
  Share Topic