Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 539>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Mentioned in work this morning by the Lithuanian cleaner.
LOL
Sponsored Links

Bru View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:33pm
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 7:34pm
So we are now heading into a quiet period until June. Outside of the Oireachtas committee appearance is there anything else we as supporters can do to push HIM fully out if Irish football before he squirms into UEFA. 
For me it looks like he is going to survive. I know the FAI President Donal Conway (who has the game at heart) agenda is to get HIM out of the limelight and celebrity pages until HE gets promotion within UEFA.
FAI feel HIM moving to UEFA will be good for the association. I still think no one has the balls to push HIM out the door and keep him there.
Can we do anymore ?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

So we are now heading into a quiet period until June. Outside of the Oireachtas committee appearance is there anything else we as supporters can do to push HIM fully out if Irish football before he squirms into UEFA. 
For me it looks like he is going to survive. I know the FAI President Donal Conway (who has the game at heart) agenda is to get HIM out of the limelight and celebrity pages until HE gets promotion within UEFA.
FAI feel HIM moving to UEFA will be good for the association. I still think no one has the balls to push HIM out the door and keep him there.
Can we do anymore ?

its probably like UK civil service where if you wanted rid of somebody you gave them a glowing reference  - maybe the FAI can petition UEFA to take him early

Of course when he goes the 'young Mr Graces' of the FAI Board will all resign and surrender their perks or the old father will finally catch up with them, I know where my money will be..........

Speaking of which are we the only county to have a minutes applause/silence at all games  ?  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Can we do anymore ?

its probably like UK civil service where if you wanted rid of somebody you gave them a glowing reference  - maybe the FAI can petition UEFA to take him early

Of course when he goes the 'young Mr Graces' of the FAI Board will all resign and surrender their perks or the old father will finally catch up with them, I know where my money will be..........

Speaking of which are we the only county to have a minutes applause/silence at all games  ?  

Can the FAI  not pick one game say either at the final game of the calender year or final game of the season to remember all those connected with Irish football that have passed away in the previous 12 months. It's getting ridiculous ffs  
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Can the FAI  not pick one game say either at the final game of the calender year or final game of the season to remember all those connected with Irish football that have passed away in the previous 12 months. It's getting ridiculous ffs  

They should call in the FBI serial killer profiling team , somebody is obviously bumping off people associated with the FAI
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:37pm
When was the last game we didn't have a minute's silence/applause? Also, how do they decide which one to go for? Is that what this board is getting paid for?

Edited by pre Madonna - 27 Mar 2019 at 10:37pm
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 8:46am
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 10:37am
Just going through emails of a few years ago and found this one I sent Paul Lennon in the Star from July 2015 and it is as appropriate now and it was then four years ago.  Copied and pasted here.

Paul,

Very good article you wrote last Monday in the Star entitled 'Complete Shambles'

I have been involved in all facets of local football for the past 24 years in Waterford.  I packed it in this year.  The embarrassing episodes and cringe inducing behaviour of our CEO was a major factor.  Just how long more do we have to put up with it.  Look at the dignity portrayed by the heads of the IRFU and GAA and then just look at our clown.  And to think he has persuaded a board of management of nine to give him a contract till 2020 and with crazy wages.  The former owner of a bakery in Tralee, two thirds of a furniture shop in Athlone and a logistics company in Waterford has sold it to them that he is the greatest businessman in Ireland and to hold onto this valuable asset, they must pay big bucks to keep him.  He sold it to them that he has the magic wand and they swallowed it. They are beholden to him and he to them, one can not exist without the other.

The past year or two have been unbelievable in his cult status cravings and egoistic self delusion...the head of a small FA in a small country acting as if he is some world figure.  The man is now firmly living in a bubble and he doesn't know he is in it.  The man whose major achievement according to his president Tony Fitzgerald was bringing the Euros to Dublin in 2020....19 cities applied for it, 4 were deemed invalid leaving 15, only Cardiff and Stockholm didn't get picked.  Some achievement alright!  Is there anything out there that can be used to get rid of him.  I have an idea about lowering his salary and if successful, we'll see if his supreme love of Irish Football will endure.  Below is a letter I sent to the Irish Sports Council so I won't repeat my idea here as it's in the letter below.  The only way is to embarrass JD and the FAI into reducing his salary is in a national newspaper campaign such as in The Star which would be a very popular newspaper in the football supporting masses.  

What can be done?

Your faithfully

Edited by ontheball - 28 Mar 2019 at 10:39am
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:05am
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:15am
still loads of coverage in the media today. Main focus is on Delaney’s refusal to leave the Fai despite being requested to by the board. They all have to go and a proper external audit on the Fai back to when Delaney was treasurer to date. Expenses to all board , officers, staff and council members to be made public  and then a proper account of the actual financial situation in the association.

None of these cowboys should be let near the Fai again.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:33pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:48pm
  Those tennis balls will come in handy LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Those tennis balls will come in handy LOL

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:51pm

Discussing the upcoming hearing yesterday, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said the FAI “obviously” had question to answer.

He also told RTE Radio One it was important to ensure all taxpayer money issued to the organisation had been spent correctly.

He said: “It certainly seems like there have been some unusual arrangements when it comes to the FAI’s finances and certainly the bridging loan is unusual.

“An organisation of that size and scale would have banking facilities. I would have assumed they would be able to get a loan of €100,000 if they needed to.

“So obviously questions have to be answered. The Joint Oireachtas Committee will carry out hearings later in the week.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 3:43pm
Ewan MacKenna just tweeted that he's been through the FAI accounts and will hopefully have a piece out on it this evening (with legal now). Sounds like this could be juicy - I imagine there's smoking guns left right and centre in them accounts. 
Here we go again
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Ewan MacKenna just tweeted that he's been through the FAI accounts and will hopefully have a piece out on it this evening (with legal now). Sounds like this could be juicy - I imagine there's smoking guns left right and centre in them accounts. 

In his tweet he says he has spent 'endless hours all week' going through them. The most recent set of accounts available on their website are only 27 pages long. LOL Also in keeping with the FAI's penchant for secrecy they also likely disclose very little in terms of actual detail - it will be interesting to see what he comes out with later.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

In his tweet he says he has spent 'endless hours all week' going through them. The most recent set of accounts available on their website are only 27 pages long. LOL Also in keeping with the FAI's penchant for secrecy they also likely disclose very little in terms of actual detail - it will be interesting to see what he comes out with later.
I'm assuming he's gotten a hold of some of the whistleblowers information
Here we go again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 539>
  Share Topic