Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
Expect goals & highlights from all LoI matches tonights on club social media. FAI are writing to all clubs today to confirm that the embargo from RTE doesn't exist, though wording will be interesting

Long overdue & a potential game changer for clubs ability to market.

The Fai lies through their teeth on this . How can the loi ever hope to develop when their being run by an organization that has no interest in it.

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

€5k for ten year, €3k for five year and €2k for three year, according to announcements from last July.

I'd imagine they go on sale from January 2020, for games from August 2020, with some sort of special tie-in that allows you first access to Euro 2020 tickets if you buy before a certain date. Maybe that's the cynic in me, but I think anyone who buys a ten year ticket will have better access to Euro 2020 tickets than *everyone* else. JD wants to leave the FAI debt-free, remember.

Roughly a lock-in price of 100 euro a ticket for premium section and preferable treatment for 10 years. Not too bad value I suppose if you have the cash to burn. 

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:14am
I don't think you even need cash to burn - there are plenty of people who, given a few months, could get €5k together without too much difficulty. The issue, I suppose, is that there aren't that many who'll spend it on FAI ten year tickets. It's not even twice the price of a season ticket on the bottom deck and the view is definitely better, especially if you get somewhere close to the halfway line. The middle deck definitely has the best views in the stadium. I'm row D, 506, so I'm not bothered doubling the price I pay for top deck, but I can see how bottom deck season ticket holders could be persuaded. We were row M on the bottom deck previously and the view wasn't brilliant.

I've always wondered why they didn't sell them as a double pack with the rugby tickets, or at least try to. I wonder when the rugby ten year tickets are being renewed if there'll be any move towards doubling up. Sake of argument, IRFU ten year tickets are €8k, I wonder if there is any possibility of the FAI asking the IRFU to see if those ticket buyers are willing to double up, for a saving, with the ten year double ticket available for €12k (with the same €8k to the IRFU and the remaining €4k to the FAI). I've no doubt the IRFU tickets are more (they have more high-profile home games every year, no doubt) but I wonder has that ever been considered or explored by the FAI. It could be that the FAI would sell tickets they wouldn't otherwise sell, were they to consider an offer like that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:55am
IRFU tickets were, in fact, €12k in 2010. They should be up for renewal next year although I'm not sure if the renewal price will be the same or higher.

Still, I wonder why the FAI don't try some manner of tie-up deal.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:52pm
When you have a premium ticket, can you buy a child ticket for the less attended matches and how are you able to get a seat next to or close to your normal seat? 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 3:06pm
The IRFU's marketing team won't let the FAI anywhere near their season tickets. They don't want any connect between the brands. Agreed that the season tickets now are serious value. If they don't all sell there's something seriously wrong. 
ACTHUNG BABY View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTHUNG BABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

€5k for ten year, €3k for five year and €2k for three year, according to announcements from last July.

I'd imagine they go on sale from January 2020, for games from August 2020, with some sort of special tie-in that allows you first access to Euro 2020 tickets if you buy before a certain date. Maybe that's the cynic in me, but I think anyone who buys a ten year ticket will have better access to Euro 2020 tickets than *everyone* else. JD wants to leave the FAI debt-free, remember.

Roughly a lock-in price of 100 euro a ticket for premium section and preferable treatment for 10 years. Not too bad value I suppose if you have the cash to burn. 

The full price list from* €2000

Membership

Individual

Family (2 Adults & 2 Kids)

Bronze Three-Year Ticket

€2,000

€6,000

Silver Five-Year Ticket

€3,000

€9,000

Gold Ten-Year Ticket*

€5,000

€15,000

All of the above prices are based on an average of five home games per season while we can also put together an annual payment plan on our Gold Ten-Year option at no additional cost if required?

• Gold seats are located near the halfway line in Block 325 – 327 (West Stand) or Block 305 – 307 (East Stand)
  • Silver seats are generally located in Block 323 – 324; 328 - 329 (West Stand) or Block 303 – 304; 308 - 309 (East Stand)
  • Bronze seats are usually located in 310 – 322 (South Stand)

Edited by ACTHUNG BABY - 04 Mar 2019 at 7:26pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 8:47pm
That is actually quite reasonable then, especially if you got seats in 326 in the West Stand, and only have to pay once a season rather than upfront. Granted it is about three times a category B season ticket on the front row of the top deck but it's still a decent deal, especially with the price freeze.
ACTHUNG BABY View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTHUNG BABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 3:47pm
[QUOTE=SuperDave84]That is actually quite reasonable then, especially if you got seats in 326 in the West Stand, and only have to pay once a season rather than upfront. Granted it is about three times a category B season ticket on the front row of the top deck but it's still a decent deal, especially with the price freeze.
[/QUOTE
Happy where I am in block 506 cat B ,  although I will admit the view is good from premium , sat there for the fai cup final. It will be interesting to see where some of the SC s will sit if there is a big take up on these tickets. My mate paid 210e , I think , for the current season tkt  in premium ,with a supporters club , surely that will be knoked on the head.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:15pm
Mark TigheVerified account @marktigheST 9m9 minutes ago

Just spent the last three hours in the High Court after John Delaney tried to get an emergency injunction to prevent us reporting on FAI and Delaney payments. The judge ruled in our favour! Story in @SunTimesIreland tomorrow. 🙂

19 replies 96 retweets 184 likes

this should be interesting Tongue

Edited by colemanY2K - 16 Mar 2019 at 10:16pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Mark TigheVerified account @marktigheST 9m9 minutes ago

Just spent the last three hours in the High Court after John Delaney tried to get an emergency injunction to prevent us reporting on FAI and Delaney payments. The judge ruled in our favour! Story in @SunTimesIreland tomorrow. 🙂

19 replies 96 retweets 184 likes

this should be interesting Tongue

Put the champagne in the fridge 
El Puto Amo
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:01pm

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:28pm
https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/1107059639219310599?s=19

Can't upload the photo as I'm on my phone. But apparently he gave a €100k loan to the FAI as a bridging loan

Edited by Gigibongi33 - 16 Mar 2019 at 11:29pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:30pm
Yeah that'll be it alright....

Edited by Denis Irwin - 16 Mar 2019 at 11:38pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:34pm
  • The FAI can always look on the bright side - it looks like the Declan Rice YPOTY gong will no longer be the big story coming out of the annual awards

LOL

MC Hammered View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:41pm
    Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Can't upload the photo as I'm on my phone. But apparently he gave a €100k loan to the FAI as a bridging loan

Ah yeah, that’s why he spent 3 hours in the High Court trying to secure an injunction to prevent the story going out. It’s his damn humble nature that’s causing him problems again
    El Puto Amo
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:49pm
    Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Ah yeah, that’s why he spent 3 hours in the High Court trying to secure an injunction to prevent the story going out. It’s his damn humble nature that’s causing him problems again

It's getting better

• There is no mention of this “bridging loan” in the FAI’s audited accounts for 2017

Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:10am
  • FAI had a €2.7m surplus in 2017. Why did it need a loan for €100k for a few months

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 539>
      Share Topic